Server suggestion

saam

Server suggestion

Post by saam »

Seeing how succesful-ish the mg server has been, knowing we're looking to be more populated, i'd recommend opening a surf server, not a great river one, but one with surf maps to beat.
Those servers fill up so fast, and i know if we opened one, it would too.
Last edited by saam on Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
West

Re: Server suggestion

Post by West »

I play the surf game mode a lot, although I play it in TF2 (Yes, I know that TF2 surf is worse than CS surf). I'm not sure about how popular the game mode is in CS:GO, but I do believe it would be the best game to have a server for it.
Last edited by West on Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Dick_McSlick

Post by Dick_McSlick »

Maybe a server where you can play older maps from old operations (Agency, etc).
Last edited by Dick_McSlick on Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes. We'll swim in circles in the blue lights, it's gonna be the best day of my life
Need to contact me? Click the GIF below :3.

Phantom
Veteran

Post by Phantom »

A surf skill server would be nice but I have no idea how the whole skill level of the maps works or what kinda mods the popular surf servers are running.The MG server has been a great success in my eyes so with that I can see us definitely expanding further into CS:GO soon and hopefully being able to get the CS:GO portion of our community as expansive and large as TF2.
Last edited by Phantom on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EngiDesu wrote:And I get to see this lovely piece of shit
Satan
Veteran

Post by Satan »

Phantom wrote:A surf skill server would be nice but I have no idea how the whole skill level of the maps works or what kinda mods the popular surf servers are running.The MG server has been a great success in my eyes so with that I can see us definitely expanding further into CS:GO soon and hopefully being able to get the CS:GO portion of our community as expansive and large as TF2.
Surf maps usually come with different skill levels in tiers, 1-3 for beginners and 4+ for the experienced. That's what I've experienced in the 5-10 hours I've put into skillsurf servers on csgo
Last edited by Satan on Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rip mg
West

Post by West »

Phantom wrote:A surf skill server would be nice but I have no idea how the whole skill level of the maps works or what kinda mods the popular surf servers are running.
I can help out a little in that regard

Skill Surf maps have 6 skill levels associated with them, with 1 being the easiest maps and 6 being the hardest maps. I would recommend a server that runs skill levels 1-3, as they seem to receive more traffic as more players can complete the maps.

In terms of mods, I'm not sure what differences there are between the TF2 Surf mods and CS:GO surf mods. I know that in TF2, you need a server plugin that changes how ramps behave so that surfing will be possible, however I have no idea if the same thing is needed in CS:GO. A timer mod is also extremely important, as is some kind of ranking system based on map times. There is also a mod that will display the keys that you are currently pressing onto your screen, and when spectating someone you can see what keys they are pressing (useful for learning purposes). There's probably a lot more, but these are the ones I know off of the top of my head.

Edit: also going to need some kind of B-Hop mod
Last edited by West on Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

West wrote:In terms of mods, I'm not sure what differences there are between the TF2 Surf mods and CS:GO surf mods. I know that in TF2, you need a server plugin that changes how ramps behave so that surfing will be possible, however I have no idea if the same thing is needed in CS:GO. A timer mod is also extremely important, as is some kind of ranking system based on map times. There is also a mod that will display the keys that you are currently pressing onto your screen, and when spectating someone you can see what keys they are pressing (useful for learning purposes). There's probably a lot more, but these are the ones I know off of the top of my head.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=223274
I think that should answer your questions.. Bhop mod and Surf mod, I believe.
Last edited by Dubstab on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
3dou

Post by 3dou »

SURE [NL] wrote:
West wrote:In terms of mods, I'm not sure what differences there are between the TF2 Surf mods and CS:GO surf mods. I know that in TF2, you need a server plugin that changes how ramps behave so that surfing will be possible, however I have no idea if the same thing is needed in CS:GO. A timer mod is also extremely important, as is some kind of ranking system based on map times. There is also a mod that will display the keys that you are currently pressing onto your screen, and when spectating someone you can see what keys they are pressing (useful for learning purposes). There's probably a lot more, but these are the ones I know off of the top of my head.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=223274
I think that should answer your questions.. Bhop mod and Surf mod, I believe.
That one is fucking trash for surf servers. Kz, sure, but for anything else it's awful.
The problem is that the timer is activated by pressing a button rather than going through a certain area (like every other server).

The timer you want is this one: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=231866
I can probably find a better one, but making a skill surf server is a bad idea.
The only ones that fill up are OpiumGaming; if they aren't OG, nobody gives a shit. The owner is a real cool guy, and knows his shit. He has one of the most advanced timers I've seen in a long time. It hasn't been implemented fully yet, though.
Stick to combat surf, honestly. There aren't any of those that doesn't have RPG and DM on it.
Last edited by 3dou on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
West

Post by West »

3dou wrote:The only ones that fill up are OpiumGaming; if they aren't OG, nobody gives a shit.
I thought the main CS surf clan was KSF? Or are they just CS:S and not CS:GO?
Last edited by West on Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
saam

Post by saam »

Point is, we should get a surf server for the disc community. They get pretty damn populated, all of them.