More Admins?/Admins that play.

Hero

More Admins?/Admins that play.

Post by Hero »

Well im just gonna make a list on some suggestions i had due to stuff happening
  • 1. Admin play atleast during peak hours e.g 4 - 6 PM EST I think the server is on the east coast....
    2. option to vote-kick? This could also help with number one but its kinda risky due to people abusing it....
    3.time limit on using the rtv command say 5-6 minutes?
    4.Admin List? dunno if we have one?
Last edited by Hero on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Satan
Veteran

Re: More Admins?/Admins that play.

Post by Satan »

Hero wrote:Well im just gonna make a list on some suggestions i had due to stuff happening
  • 1. Admin play atleast during peak hours e.g 4 - 6 PM EST I think the server is on the east coast....
    2. option to vote-kick? This could also help with number one but its kinda risky due to people abusing it....
1. I have nothing to say here other than that the people who do play a lot on the server don't exactly want admin because it isn't exactly fun to have on the MG server.
2. This was abused by certain people (ie Satan, what an asshole) in the cs:s server as a way of just kicking people you don't like (This also does nothing, for they can just join back...)
3. Some trolls like to extend maps such as radiotower, shitty course maps, and the dreaded matrix trilogie extend (not hating just dont like shooting people for 45 minutes)
4. If you play the server often, you probably already know the admins. There's also a /admins command to see the admins currently online (excluding Phantom but you'll know when he's on.) But yeah this is a good thing to have.
Last edited by Satan on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rip mg
Hero

Post by Hero »

Yeah i see what you mean about 2 and 3 i kinda knew somebody was gonna think of it
but i dont see whats not fun about admin pfft its pretty much protecting the server #Adminaboose
Last edited by Hero on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hipster_Trip

Post by Hipster_Trip »

Offical Admin List.

6/9 are west coast admins.
2/9 are east coast.
and 1/9 are European

Most admins will be on at around 7 your time if not later due to school starting for most (I am going back to school in a week.) 3 admins started school just today. So having admins around that time will be hard, because 4-6 PM your time is 1-3 PM our time. Admins have been busy lately.

The vote to kicks were abused in CS:S, even I got vote banned on CS:S randomly, it won't work.
Last edited by Hipster_Trip on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hero

Post by Hero »

Ah i see so the only way is either reporting or just wait for more admins :P.
Last edited by Hero on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hipster_Trip

Post by Hipster_Trip »

Record demos.
We will ban/mute/gag.
gg no re.
Last edited by Hipster_Trip on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hero

Post by Hero »

Alright sounds good.
Last edited by Hero on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom
Veteran

Post by Phantom »

Hero wrote:Well im just gonna make a list on some suggestions i had due to stuff happening
1. As Hipster said admins are starting school and our east coast/European admins are as active as they can be. If someone is breaking rules please record demos and get them back to us and they will be punished accordingly.

2. I don't want to implement a vote kick feature because in all my days of CS I've only seen it abused and never actually used practically. That and it's kind of useless to kick some troll or something because they can just reconnect.

3. I don't really understand this suggestion. You don't want people to be able to rtv a map immediately or something?

4. Admin list can be found here
Satan wrote:4. If you play the server often, you probably already know the admins. There's also a /admins command to see the admins currently online (excluding Phantom but you'll know when he's on.) But yeah this is a good thing to have.
Yea for some reason my main account and my alt do not show up on the in game admin list.
Last edited by Phantom on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
EngiDesu wrote:And I get to see this lovely piece of shit
Hero

Post by Hero »

Questions on demos
I know how to record one and everything i hear the voices but dunno if its a bug or something but it would only show my hud when im spectating and when people would talk no hud would pop up for the person talking...