Deathmatch, and Casual Servers

Slashking996

Deathmatch, and Casual Servers

Post by Slashking996 »

To be honest im still fairly new in the CSGO world but i get most of the game from the past ones.
I love the competitive and casual game modes some more than others, and im curious to see the DISC-FF servers expand into this game as well.

Seeing just a basic Deathmatch and Casual games would more than likely assist the popularity in the servers themselves and making the community grow, and who can object to that. Hope to see a reply to this

- Slash
Last edited by Slashking996 on Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I really wish i knew how to use technology...
Nallout

Re: Deathmatch, and Casual Servers

Post by Nallout »

A pub/rotation server would be cool but I doubt it will happen for awhile. If I recall correctly we used to have one but no one played on it so it went away.
Last edited by Nallout on Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danksta wrote:Rude ass mother fucker fuck you
EngiDesu wrote:She doesn't care about that. As long she's sucking Phantom and Spicy's dick, she can make threads mocking jews and autism.
Satan
Veteran

Post by Satan »

Slashking996 wrote:Seeing just a basic Deathmatch and Casual games would more than likely assist the popularity in the servers themselves and making the community grow, and who can object to that. Hope to see a reply to this
Pubs kind of died ever since CEVO/ESEA became big and MM became a thing. Deathmatch and casual servers would probably never be played unless they are 128 tick which costs a lot more money for a server that probably won't get any attention anyways. These are also pretty pointless because volvo already has custom servers to play on and you can't even do missions on community casual/deathmatch (The main reason most people play dm or casual other than practice for MM)
Last edited by Satan on Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
rip mg
Phantom
Veteran

Post by Phantom »

Satan wrote:
Slashking996 wrote:Seeing just a basic Deathmatch and Casual games would more than likely assist the popularity in the servers themselves and making the community grow, and who can object to that. Hope to see a reply to this
Pubs kind of died ever since CEVO/ESEA became big and MM became a thing. Deathmatch and casual servers would probably never be played unless they are 128 tick which costs a lot more money for a server that probably won't get any attention anyways. These are also pretty pointless because volvo already has custom servers to play on and you can't even do missions on community casual/deathmatch (The main reason most people play dm or casual other than practice for MM)
There is plenty of well populated deathmatch and casual rotation pubs in GO, granted most are 128 tick and have special novelty mods installed, but still they aren't outdated or anything by valves servers. Also a 24 slots casual or DM server takes up pretty little space on a VPS if you keep mods to a minimum (Can't imagine what mods you'd need for either other than DM mod and SMAC).

Casual and DM servers aren't totally pointless when you're trying to build a community within a new game. They can help population of other servers and lead to a more active player base.

Aside from all this I don't think Fire will be making more servers for CS:GO until another school vacation to start off with a strong population. Or until key people from the community are willing to do the majority of the work to create the server (installing necessary mods, testing the mods, and populating the server by being in it 24/7). If I wasn't such a lazy fuck we'd probably have a surf server right now, but compiling a map list, testing bhop mods, world record mods, key stroke spectator mods, and making sure air accel and every other command is perfect would be a pain in the cock and probably take a couple of days to get perfect.
EngiDesu wrote:And I get to see this lovely piece of shit