Petition to remove course maps from MG server

ShistyWizard

Petition to remove course maps from MG server

Post by ShistyWizard »

In the minigames server there is an issue with the course maps. The issue isnt that the maps dont work, its that it kills the population of the server almost everytime they get voted for(with an exception for office course). After a few months of playing in the server and keep having to play these maps that kill off the population each time they are voted in, I decided it was time to put something on the forums to get these maps removed, or atleast the maps that kill the population(pretty much all of them except for office). Would love to hear from others on this, I know I am not the only one to notice this.
Fire
Owner

Re: Petition to remove course maps from MG server

Post by Fire »

Does it really empty out that much? I mean why would it get voted for if no one wanted to play it? Also if the server doesn't want to play course they can rtv to change it. I know a lot of people do enjoy playing course maps so I will need to see some real feedback here before I do something that drastic. Thanks for your suggestion though.
ImageImage
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Fire wrote:Does it really empty out that much? I mean why would it get voted for if no one wanted to play it? Also if the server doesn't want to play course they can rtv to change it. I know a lot of people do enjoy playing course maps so I will need to see some real feedback here before I do something that drastic. Thanks for your suggestion though.
It seems most players like to have the "fy_" type maps where they can just go around shooting, also the maps that 1 player chooses the mg then everyone goes to it.
It comes down to players just like to be able to kill some one, some maps have no "lose and go into deathmatch" type punishment.
I personally think this is a flaw in some mapmaker's designs.

EDIT: also some of the maps are very slow and it kills the momentum of getting a kill, etc. i hope that makes sense.
Last edited by Mitch on Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Satan
Veteran

Post by Satan »

Ok here is my opinion

Respawnme kind of ruined course maps, there is no risk anymore and the rounds don't end, so after 7 minutes, the round ends and resets. This means you lose progress if you are far into the map. However, we need a votekick/voteslay command to be able to stop delaying if respawnme is removed.

The server does not die down when it switches to course maps, they either rtv if they don't want it or play regularly. Multigame maps and death match maps are definitely a favorite among the server, but course maps are so fun to certain people such as myself that I'd probably find a different mg server if they were removed.

If you want certain course maps removed such as mg _ outside, bananpineappleexpress, or schoofi then you can make a post asking for opinions of regulars with good reasoning.
rip mg
joevader
Veteran

Post by joevader »

Satan wrote:Ok here is my opinion

Respawnme kind of ruined course maps, there is no risk anymore and the rounds don't end, so after 7 minutes, the round ends and resets. This means you lose progress if you are far into the map. However, we need a votekick/voteslay command to be able to stop delaying if respawnme is removed.
This. Respawnme stops rounds from ending, and on certain maps, past a certain time, there is no point in continuing because the round is going to end before you could possibly beat the map. This can cause up to 3-4 minutes of downtime for some of the players who are better at course maps. Delaying has been and always will be an issue, but I think it would be worth it to go in this direction and make it clear that abusing votekick/slay would result in punishment.
Apathy wrote:^Coming from a proleet MLG ESEA 1v5 Deag Eco Ace All headshots
Apathy wrote:Nigga I take it OUT the butt