Let's all try and help a disc-ff regular

D_Roy
Veteran

Let's all try and help a disc-ff regular

Post by D_Roy »

I' am not sure if this is allow so if that's the case just let me know.

Last month one of the regulars on the disc-ff freak fortress had found out that she has cancer. A lot of people know her by her steam name as Grand. She has been with the servers for over a year and is one of the nicest people I have had the honor of playing with. Truth is though she needs as much as help possible. So I' am asking for anyone's help if they can. She has a gofundme page so if anyone wants to help we appreciate it and thank you for your time.

https://www.gofundme.com/letshelpkate
The Bunsen Brave Foundation: Saving all Bunsen braves one Bunsen at a time
Anomaly
Veteran

Re: Let's all try and help a disc-ff regular

Post by Anomaly »

Donated $10.00, unfortunately that's all I have to give right now because I had dental work done and I live in America therefore I am missing my left arm and leg now.
Feel free to add me!

<22:54:21> "Person_Unknown": Anomaly, you're a great admin and you've got a bitchin' asss
ciphercore

Post by ciphercore »

I don't know Grand very well, but she has always been super friendly. I would encourage anyone who can spare a few $$ to do so.

No one should ever be put in a position of choosing between rent/food or health care.
D_Roy
Veteran

Post by D_Roy »

Anomaly and cipher I thank you for your help. To anyone else who is reading this if you don't have any money to donate but want to help than just let others know. Once again to all those who have taken the time to help by donating or sharing this with others I appreciate your time.
The Bunsen Brave Foundation: Saving all Bunsen braves one Bunsen at a time
HakureiReimu_Husky

Post by HakureiReimu_Husky »

I wish I could help, but I have $2.30 in my name to make it through the week. I'll let others know however.
This is goodbye.
Grand Theft Freedom

Post by Grand Theft Freedom »

I didn't know D_Roy had made a forum post about me until Darkone messaged me earlier about it otherwise I would have come here sooner. My sister set up the gofundme page and runs it and won't change the about so I'd like to explain a little more.

If you guys remember me, you'd have seen me go by Grand Theft Freedom on FF#1 a couple months back, day in and day out. I was a cashier/partner at a local retail store at the time, and did about 50 hours a week to just barely meet in the middle with bills. I'm 19, turning 20 on June 4th (that's Phatman's birthday btw too go make fun of him for it), and at initially the ball started rolling back in March with everything that happened. Long story short, my coworker basically forced me into a cab to the ER on a shift back on March 5th, and I haven't gone back to work since. It was doctors appointments, hospital visits/stays, tests, everything afterward (including botched biopsies that made things take way longer) to where I finally got my diagnosis on the edge of March. I was told I had Hodgkin's Lymphoma, and that came right out of the blue for me and I didn't know what to do at that point. I was told the lymphnodes in my chest had merged into a tumor constricting the aorta and blood vessels of my heart, as well as causing pressure on my right lung and sternum. As for the size, imagine a rubix cube, now imagine that rubix cube lodged in your chest into your heart and lungs, and that's pretty much it.

I had my first chemotherapy session on April 13th. It's one of twelve, once every two weeks, for the next six months. I can't opt for surgery because of how the tumor has grown around my heart, otherwise I would've much rather done that and be over with this. There's radiation planned on after the chemo and then we'll have to see where I'm at and where to go then. I had a port placed into the opposite side of my chest in order to take the chemo through it because of how poisonous chemotherapy is. I've had two chemo sessions now, and the routine seems to go like this: get the chemo therapy, go home, be too nauseous to eat or drink anything for days--and throwing up anything I try to eat or drink past the point of dry heaving every five minutes--until complete dehydration to the point of being rehospitalized to get iv fluids back in, feel better for a couple days, then back to getting more chemo. Also, constipation. I won't even go in on that.

basically: this sucks on ice

I have become disabled to the point at times of being unable to even walk or keep my eyes open to see. This has really had a serious change on my outlook on life, for now I appreciate every single last moment of normality and help I receive a million times more. I tell my dad all the time I can't explain to him how much I appreciate him helping me through this (I live with my dad still, he doesn't have a job so that's why I was taking care of the bills) and how much I appreciate every last thing that he or anyone did for me during these hard times.

I used to be suicidal. But after all this crap that I'm dealing with now, This has made me appreciate life far greater than I could have originally realized. I took it for granted. I took others for granted. I took everything for granted. And for that I want to say

Thank You
Thank you to anyone who has even looked at this post, this forum page, to anyone that I've even had the luck of playing with on the servers. And seriously, thank you Cipher and Anomaly. Cipher, you made me cry when I saw that donation, and I know I haven't gotten around to thanking you on steam yet (I haven't had the energy, I'm sorry) but seriously, you guys are helping me out big time withs the bills that have been riding my back since I've been out of work. Anomaly, $10 may not seem like much to you, but that was my hourly wage before when I worked, and I thank you for being able to donate that much to me, because literally even pennies are counting right now (I'm not joking either). Cipher, I still don't even know what to say to you other than that I cried hard and long after seeing your donation. I've been crying over everyone that's helped me out these past two months really because I didn't expect any help at all. And to get so much and realize that so many people care about me and want to help me and shit when before I thought no one really cared about me at all--that keeps hitting me hardcore every day that I'm alive now. And Haku, I've been in that situation before even when I was working--I hope good luck greets you soon!

I'm sorry that this post is so long, but I don't often have the energy enough to get up and type something like this and I want anyone and everyone to know how much I appreciate them helping me out. Especially just spreading the word like D_Roy did, if that's all you can do, if all you can do is send me the best wishes, then I'll gratefully appreciate them, because that's something I never expected in the first place. I never planned on setting up a gofundme, I never imagined getting donations from both friends and strangers, it's just something I didn't think about--I was too worried instead about what to do then since I'd be out of work. (I'm still trying to set up disability payments, and only just started that process last week, and that's a whole other long story).

All in all, seriously, thank you to anyone who cares about me. Thank you to anyone who is wishing me good health and that I get better. Thank you to anyone who even thinks of donating. It's all the positive thoughts like that that I really need right now that's really keeping me in high spirits when things get so low.

Thank you for thinking of me. I mean it.

It's going to be about a year before I make recovery, and then there's recovery time from recovery, but if I get the energy I'll be back on the servers and try to stop around and say hi if I can. I miss everyone that I used to play with and all the ridiculous antics that went on. I miss everything I used to do. But when I come back, you better BAHLEEVE I'm coming back swinging!

Thank you. <3<3<3<3<3
Last edited by Grand Theft Freedom on Thu May 05, 2016 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LewandaSillyFeathers
Server Admin

Post by LewandaSillyFeathers »

Grand you are one of my favorite regulars I hope everything works out for you. FUCK CANCER! Seriously.

Why would you ever accept fear when you have the power to refuse it?
SkyBlue: He didn't lick it good enough.
Onion: is it cause of my race?
Mr Pail
Veteran

Post by Mr Pail »

Just donated 10 myself, I probably will give more once some things clear up but just know we hope the best for her in these troubled times.

Sureal
GhOsT1321

Post by GhOsT1321 »

@Grand Theft Freedom
I do not recognize your name but I do wish you the very best in this endeavor. Have you considered a clinical trial/clinical study? When my father was diagnosed with kidney cancer I did a lot of research on the matter. If you are able to participate in a clinical trial you will be given additional tests, offered upcoming medicine which will likely have a higher chance of working compared to other clinical treatments, and you can cancel at anytime. Depending on the research being conducted, you could submit to additional tests which may catch a potential issue earlier than your regular doctor visit regime. Each trial is different and you do not have to do anything you are uncomfortable with and can cancel or decline at anytime, but generally you have the highest chances of success by doing a clinical trial.
I understand your position and no reply is necessary. I wish you the best, donation sent as well.
Current favorite quote: I.M.B
"I was poison, heart full of canines, head full of voices
Whole life trying to quiet 'em down
Like a suicide king with a knife in his crown
Hounds at bay, but they just won't stay
True friendship in a tugboat way"