First grow log! Hindu kush and Afghan --

Wu Tang

First grow log! Hindu kush and Afghan --

Post by Wu Tang »

Hey guys, this thread is mainly about the information and pictures of my first grow ever!
I really didn't know much about growing marijuana when I started, and I will create a second thread about
the new growspace I recently created and have an 8 day old youngster in!

Unfortunately, the seeds I started this grow with were shit seeds that I got from my friend, and were not feminized, because when I started growing a couple months ago I didn't know anything about this :( 3/4 plants ended up becoming males, which means the plant doesn't produce or contain THC, or at least nearly enough to get you high. All male plants do is produce pollen, and leaves. The pollen you cannot smoke, but it is used to create seeds with a different type of weed plant.

I guess I just had horrible luck, because I have asked a lot of growers and their first grows were mostly females without feminized seeds =/ However, I am still growing my one and only female and it is producing tricomes which are crystals, and white hairs and nodes!! Pics of that are at the BOTTOM of this threat underneath all of my grow pics!

Enjoy the thread, and contact me via Steam for any questions or tips anyone needs if they are
first starting out or are wanting to grow weed! It's actually really easy when you have someone to help you!

Information

Strains grown : 1 Hindu Kush, 2 Afghan, 1 unmarked

Lights used : 1 6500k daylight cfl bulb, 2 2700k soft white cfl bulbs, and later I added a cool white 3500k cfl bulb

Soil used : Miracle grow organic mix, because I can't order any soil, and I have checked just about every store
in my city for any other type of soil like FoxFarm, Happy Frog, ect.., and I just can't find anything besides Miracle Grow
and other big brand soils that aren't good for growing marijuana...

However, when my friend came in from Colorado a week ago, he brought out a container of FoxFarm Ocean Forest soil, and I put some into my current female plant that just started flowering and is still currently growing.

Nutes used : none, can't find any to purchase, but I know FoxFarm has some of the easiest nutrients to use!

Water : store bought for the first 3 weeks, then bought a Brita water filter to save money.

Growspace : Double door green elevated cabinet, was used as a closet for a while..
inside the cabinet from bottom to top would be 4ft tall 2.5 ft wide

Airflow : used a 10' fan from Walgreens, just a small 5$ electric fan

Pictures from start to end, MOST of the pictures at the beginning are mainly of the
HK plant, because it grew faster than the other 3 plants.

http://imgur.com/Q5otb,sjFiW,chgEv,63Fi ... l,sl48A#12

pics of female plant

http://imgur.com/5J4Po,GlMlo#0

I'll start more posts about my new growspace and the Blue Mystic plant that's 8 days old in it,
and threads about my weed and pieces n stoof! Thanks guys!

If you want to start growing, or want to know more about weed or growing, no matter the circumstances, hit me up on steam! username : noahman1127
in game name - Wu Tang

Wu Tang :thumbup:
Last edited by Wu Tang on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hakezu

Re: First grow log! Hindu kush and Afghan --

Post by Hakezu »

Nice hand picture on the first photo of the first link. No homo :thumbup:

Good luck on your lil weed farm broskie
Last edited by Hakezu on Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

Nice, keep us updated on the progress.
Last edited by Fire on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
I Am Yes!

Post by I Am Yes! »

nice man it's growing pretty fast for indoor
Last edited by I Am Yes! on Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Add me on Skype: joseph.hudson5
Wu Tang

2nd Grow, 9 day old plant, new growspace!

Post by Wu Tang »

Hey all you stoners, this post will be about my 2nd grow, which is located underneath my basement stairs!!! :p
My first was in a double-door green wooden cabinet, and the size of it was perect for a couple plants.

This area has a lot more open space and it's just gooder so yeah! I'll do the information then the pics after that.

Info ::

Strains : Blue Mystic (nirvana + feminized), might start a couple more, it just depends. Started the blue mystic on july 8th, and it's off to a healthy start.

Lights : 1 6500k daylight cfl bulb, 1 2700k soft white bulb. Should use all 6500k during veg, just have the brightest lights as possible, and then switch to 2700k soft white bulbs during flowering so you are representing the lights getting dimmer just like the sun is further away from the earth during the fall/winter.

Instead of using cheap clamp reflectors, or using an open bulb, I decided to spend the time to create my
own light fixture reflector, just by using some cheap 8$ aluminium sheeting, a few tools, and some gorilla glue! Works great!

Soil : FoxFarm Ocean Forest, my friend brought enough to fill a pot when he was on the plane haha :p

Airflow : using a normal 14' tall mini box fan

Growspace : underneath my stairs, gets smaller the further you go in, so when the plants grow taller I'll have to pull them out
to create a taller space. I bought sheet rock (drywall) and cut the correct measurements according to both sides of my staircase in my basement. Really easy to cut the stuff, just use a razor blade or a box cutter, even a knife.

Reflective Material : I used my Jeep windshield reflector, and cut the correct sizes to fit around the plant pot.
This stuff works really well, and if you can't find one, I will post a picture of this stuff at Lowe's that I found that is just like it, you get a whole roll of it for 15$, works just as good as mylar, better than aluminium foil!

Pictures <-> I'll start with the materials I used to build the space with, then pics of the plant and lights afterward! :D

Make sure that when you click on the link, there's more than one picture! Select different pics above the current one.

http://imgur.com/klcnO,DWLz6,Zi2O9,kQrj ... g8h2,j7wRz

Once again, any questions about growing, add me on steam!!