Money Tournaments Your Opinon

JoePio

Money Tournaments Your Opinon

Post by JoePio »

So ive been considering starting to run gaming tournaments for $ to compete with stuff like cevo and mlg. Mlg is running tournaments with a 50% payout which means they get $50 in they pay out $25 and profit $25. I was thinking of running $1 tournaments with like at 90% payout. So like 16 man bracket tourn winner gets like $15 for games like css, mw3, bf3, sc2. What you guys think?
Last edited by JoePio on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Special Forces

Re: Money Tournaments Your Opinon

Post by Special Forces »

I don't recommend gambleing. It's too hard... And alot of bad things can happen. :cry:
Last edited by Special Forces on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
soulharvester
Veteran

Post by soulharvester »

someone takes ALL YOUR MONEY. ALL OF IT. GOOD BYE MONEY! TAKE IT! TAKE IT ALL!

wait what.
Last edited by soulharvester on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JoePio

Post by JoePio »

It wouldn't be considered gambling I already know how to get around that ha. I am just curious if people would play. I mean we are talking 16 people paying $1 on like paypal out of the hundreds of thousands of gamers playing these games ha.
Last edited by JoePio on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fatty
Veteran

Post by Fatty »

it wouldnt work if you just did that

heres a reasons why

#1 Anti Cheat System
you need one and they are expensive as FUCK, most leagues that dont have one but ask for money are scams
(not saying yours is) but thats the truth. with no legit anti cheat system, you will need to make a free to play league
and with that you will need great advertising

but if you wanna do a league thing, start free, post on face book, twitter make a group advertise everywhere
when u get popular then u spend some cash, get a anti cheat system (maybe 2-5 thousand dollars) and start off at 1 dollar and work your way up

=D
Last edited by Fatty on Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
ILiekTurtles

Post by ILiekTurtles »

You should check out RGA there a small league on css and im pretty sure can help you
Last edited by ILiekTurtles on Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
JoePio

Post by JoePio »

Simplistically I was thinking along the lines of in SC2 it auto records and if there is a problem then ill have both people send the replays to determine if there was a in issue. CSS, MW3, BF3 I was just going to buy my own servers and have a admin oversee each match. I never even considered an anti cheat system lol.
Last edited by JoePio on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
JoePio

Post by JoePio »

I appreciate the input though thanks ha.
Last edited by JoePio on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:15 am, edited 5 times in total.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

You can sv_pure 2 and put z block on and it will block most things. That and a admin watching should suffice. If you can put it together I will let you use my scrim server.
Last edited by Fire on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
JoePio

Post by JoePio »

See thats what I was thinking Fire. Yeah I figured if I do this ima do a couple free bees just to get the word out ha.
Last edited by JoePio on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:37 am, edited 3 times in total.