[IMPORTANT!] EVERYONE WHO PLAYS JB/MG/ZE PLEASE READ! |FIXED

Fire
Owner

Re: [IMPORTANT!] EVERYONE WHO PLAYS JB AND MG PLEASE READ!

Post by Fire »

I made a edit to the original post. Clicking the Create Server button on home screen will be much faster and less of a hassle. Just use this method instead of connecting to Surf server.
Last edited by Fire on Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Wu Tang

Post by Wu Tang »

Fire wrote:VERY IMPORTANT! READ ALL!

Due to the large amount of complaints I was getting about wall hackers from the Dust2, Office and Iceworld, I have added sv_pure 1 to those servers as well as a Anti-Wallhack script. This should help to hinder/prevent most wall hackers including players using material hacks.

However, there is a side effect caused by this change. From now on if you join the Dust2, Office or Iceworld server and wish to switch to the MG or JB server you will first have to click Create Server option in home screen (see picture below).

Why? Because sv_pure 1/2 has a glitch. Joining a server with this variable then joining a server that has downloads (skins, hats, trails, etc.) will cause your game to re-download all of these files (even if you already have them downloaded). In some cases it may even crash your game or cause the models to appear as errors. However, following the instructions above will null this effect and allow you to play normally.

So to recap and be clear, if you decided to play on the Dust2, Office or Iceworld server then wish to play on the MG or JB make sure to first click the Create Server button. You DO NOT have to do this if you have not first joined either the Dust2, Office or Iceworld server.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I hope you will all understand. If you have any question you can post them here.

Hey I tried to join the JB server many times today, and every time it says
connection failed after 4 tries? I don't know what to do please help!

Thankss
Last edited by Wu Tang on Mon May 28, 2012 7:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
LevelDeuce :D

Post by LevelDeuce :D »

So thats why i have to download the skins again >.>
Last edited by LevelDeuce :D on Thu May 31, 2012 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
Fire
Owner

Re: [IMPORTANT!] EVERYONE WHO PLAYS JB/MG/ZE PLEASE READ!

Post by Fire »

UPDATE!

Since the newest CS:S update I think this thread is no longer needed! Valve has fixed the sv_pure glitch. You should now be able to join from Office/Dust2/Iceworld to any server without having to do anything!
Last edited by Fire on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage
Ultim

Re: [IMPORTANT!] EVERYONE WHO PLAYS JB/MG/ZE PLEASE READ!

Post by Ultim »