No tf2 for a bit...

sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Re: No tf2 for a bit...

Post by sambawarkiddo »

So you have plugged your monitor directly into your motherboard and had it working just fine?
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Yang Xaio Long
Veteran

Post by Yang Xaio Long »

sambawarkiddo wrote:So you have plugged your monitor directly into your motherboard and had it working just fine?
Nothing came up on screen.
Last edited by Yang Xaio Long on Thu May 26, 2016 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edit 23/11/21: What d'ya want? If you're here from 2021 and beyond and you want to find me, you can find me at → speedrun.com/user/Mr.Blonde ←

One Vision, One Purpose! The Technology of Peace. Peace Through Power

sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

If nothing came up, then it's not to do with your GPU. If you plug a monitor into the Motherboard directly, it ignores your GPU and goes with the native graphical settings, meaning there is a different issue somewhere else. As darkone2e said, if your fans aren't spinning up on your CPU, internal fans or your power supply, it could be a Power Supply issue.

However, since this is a sudden issue and it had been fine prior, I wouldn't necessarily say it's a Power Supply issue (granted I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility).
If you leave it off for an extended duration then try turn it on, do you get any kind of feedback from the computer, eg, fans spinning up/LEDs lighting/etc?
If so, my guess would be your CPU would either need some new thermal paste to reattach the heatsink, or you may need a new CPU.

If that's not the case, then you could very well need a new motherboard as the worst-case scenario.
Last edited by sambawarkiddo on Thu May 26, 2016 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yang Xaio Long
Veteran

Post by Yang Xaio Long »

sambawarkiddo wrote:If nothing came up, then it's not to do with your GPU. If you plug a monitor into the Motherboard directly, it ignores your GPU and goes with the native graphical settings, meaning there is a different issue somewhere else. As darkone2e said, if your fans aren't spinning up on your CPU, internal fans or your power supply, it could be a Power Supply issue.

However, since this is a sudden issue and it had been fine prior, I wouldn't necessarily say it's a Power Supply issue (granted I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility).
If you leave it off for an extended duration then try turn it on, do you get any kind of feedback from the computer, eg, fans spinning up/LEDs lighting/etc?
If so, my guess would be your CPU would either need some new thermal paste to reattach the heatsink, or you may need a new CPU.

If that's not the case, then you could very well need a new motherboard as the worst-case scenario.
it turned on normally but the graphics card sounded like it was taking more air than usual my brother contacted me and said it might be the graphics card that's gone but right now I just don't know... when I removed the graphics card my PC did sound heathier than with the graphics card if that's anything.
Last edited by Yang Xaio Long on Thu May 26, 2016 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Edit 23/11/21: What d'ya want? If you're here from 2021 and beyond and you want to find me, you can find me at → speedrun.com/user/Mr.Blonde ←

MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

Samba missed an important part about swapping from your graphics card to your motherboard (and debugging in general). You should attempt to reset your BIOS through the jumper pin (or button if you have a more recent mobo).
Another simple test is to try is to plug your monitor into another computer (laptop will work) if nothing comes up then, it is possible that the backlight of the monitor died and the computer itself is fine.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler
Drewski
Veteran

Post by Drewski »

Have you checked to make sure nothing might be overheating making it to where it won't post?

Try cleaning all of your exhaust fans and where air enters the case.
Add me on steam! Click the globe icon to go to my profile!
PC Specs
Yang Xaio Long
Veteran

Post by Yang Xaio Long »

MoneyKidKing wrote:Samba missed an important part about swapping from your graphics card to your motherboard (and debugging in general). You should attempt to reset your BIOS through the jumper pin (or button if you have a more recent mobo).
Another simple test is to try is to plug your monitor into another computer (laptop will work) if nothing comes up then, it is possible that the backlight of the monitor died and the computer itself is fine.
I'm currently using my monitor on my ps3 (since I have a VGA to HDMI adaptor) and it works fine I think I tried a "CMOS reset" yesterday which didn't work. I'm starting to think that the motherboard's graphics port is disabled.
Drewski wrote:Have you checked to make sure nothing might be overheating making it to where it won't post?

Try cleaning all of your exhaust fans and where air enters the case.
Yes I cleaned it last night still has no luck
Last edited by Yang Xaio Long on Thu May 26, 2016 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

sounds to me like your motherboard could be fried.
Harmless
Veteran

Post by Harmless »

Aw man, that sucks. But while you're playing your PS3, you should totally check out Under Night In Birth and Time Crisis, both great games for that system. :3
---------
when I think of harmless I imagine urethral splintering :)
Yang Xaio Long
Veteran

Post by Yang Xaio Long »

sambawarkiddo wrote:sounds to me like your motherboard could be fried.
Hopefully it isn't
Harmless wrote:Aw man, that sucks. But while you're playing your PS3, you should totally check out Under Night In Birth and Time Crisis, both great games for that system. :3
Oh ok. :3
Last edited by Yang Xaio Long on Fri May 27, 2016 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.