No tf2 for a bit...

Yang Xaio Long
Veteran

No tf2 for a bit...

Post by Yang Xaio Long »

So um... I was on my PC and it randomly crashed I switched it off and to my utmost horror... it just won't boot I'm wondering whether my motherboard is non functional or if my CPU has kicked the bucket. >_< fortunately I have my ps3 to pass the time for now...
Edit 23/11/21: What d'ya want? If you're here from 2021 and beyond and you want to find me, you can find me at → speedrun.com/user/Mr.Blonde ←

One Vision, One Purpose! The Technology of Peace. Peace Through Power

GhOsT1321

Re: No tf2 for a bit...

Post by GhOsT1321 »

Yang Xaio Long wrote:So um... I was on my PC and it randomly crashed I switched it off and to my utmost horror... it just won't boot I'm wondering whether my motherboard is non functional or if my CPU has kicked the bucket. >_< fortunately I have my ps3 to pass the time for now...
What happens when you push the power button? It's likely the PSU unless you were overclocking or playing with BIOS settings. Unless abused, CPUs rarely die, and modern motherboards are quite hardy. If this is a older computer form way 2000-2008 ish they occasionally had capacitors fail and commonly died thereafter.
Last edited by GhOsT1321 on Wed May 25, 2016 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current favorite quote: I.M.B
"I was poison, heart full of canines, head full of voices
Whole life trying to quiet 'em down
Like a suicide king with a knife in his crown
Hounds at bay, but they just won't stay
True friendship in a tugboat way"
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

inb4 plugged off power cable and thinks its dead B)
ImageImageImage
Yang Xaio Long
Veteran

Post by Yang Xaio Long »

To answer the question of "What happens when i turn it on" Nothing... it just doesnt boot.

Going off this is the first time this has happened to me but not the pc itself maybe its just too old (i think it was about 10 years old?) and finally had its last run either way im not exactly able to do anything cuz im a dunce when it comes to PC hardware i mean it could have just overheated (im hoping its just that)
I have one final thing to try... but im too tired rn so ill do it tomorrow if not ill have to ask my mum for her Lagtop see if i can get that to work xD
THP|Abraham wrote:inb4 plugged off power cable and thinks its dead B)
Abra pls... xD i dont think it was unplugged. :p
Last edited by Yang Xaio Long on Wed May 25, 2016 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Edit 23/11/21: What d'ya want? If you're here from 2021 and beyond and you want to find me, you can find me at → speedrun.com/user/Mr.Blonde ←

sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Does it boot the BIOS?
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Yang Xaio Long
Veteran

Post by Yang Xaio Long »

sambawarkiddo wrote:Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Does it boot the BIOS?
Ive tried turning it off and on. It doesnt do shit. im really leaning more towards the graphincs card being ded cause nothing came/comes up when i switch it on.
Last edited by Yang Xaio Long on Wed May 25, 2016 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

Switch your input to the Motherboard's on-board GPU. If it doesn't show even the BIOS, then it's something else, not your GPU.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Yang Xaio Long
Veteran

Post by Yang Xaio Long »

sambawarkiddo wrote:Switch your input to the Motherboard's on-board GPU. If it doesn't show even the BIOS, then it's something else, not your GPU.

might do it tomorrow cuz im too fucking tired to do it right now XD (also gotta try removing my graphics card see if that works ^.^)
Last edited by Yang Xaio Long on Thu May 26, 2016 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darkone2e
Veteran

Post by Darkone2e »

If during the start there are no lights and no fan movement the check the switch it's self first. Then the power supply ( a used power supply should only cost $10). If you are getting fans to come on and or lights then other things can be checked.

Let us know what is going on and we can help, even if you are not great with tech. BTW if you are any where near Chicago I have a wealth of older parts you can have if you need them.
Yang Xaio Long
Veteran

Post by Yang Xaio Long »

Darkone2e wrote:If during the start there are no lights and no fan movement the check the switch it's self first. Then the power supply ( a used power supply should only cost $10). If you are getting fans to come on and or lights then other things can be checked.

Let us know what is going on and we can help, even if you are not great with tech. BTW if you are any where near Chicago I have a wealth of older parts you can have if you need them.
I turned it on 10 minutes ago... It works properly except nothing comes up on my screen. shame i dont live anywhere near there.... being a UK citizen and all xD
Spoiler
As of right now... I'm thinking its my Radeon 6870 Graphics cards thats died cause everything else seems fine.
Yang Xaio Long wrote:fortunately I have my ps3 to pass the time for now...
Last edited by Yang Xaio Long on Thu May 26, 2016 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.