SGDQ

Haku*
Veteran

SGDQ

Post by Haku* »

Hi there, every wanted to see people run your favorite games really fast with cool glitches and neat tricks AND support charity?

Because SummerGamesDoneQuick is a speedrunning and charity event that runs trough this week (3-10.7)
I did a post on their other event AwesomeGamesDoneQuick which is usually held in January

If you're interested in tuning in, relaxing and checking out the runs then head over to their Stream If you wanna see what games are being run then here's the schedule
Same questions as last time, any runs you're looking forward to? Do you plan on donating? Have you ever speed ran any games yourself?
Last edited by Haku* on Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clicking the image above brings you to my profile. Technology, right?
Have a great day!
Anomaly
Veteran

Re: SGDQ

Post by Anomaly »

Currently trying to qualify for AGDQ 2017 for Kid Icarus (Any%) because I will have vacation time around then and I havn't attended a GDQ since 2013. Always fun to watch and donate! Kill the animals.
Last edited by Anomaly on Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Feel free to add me!

<22:54:21> "Person_Unknown": Anomaly, you're a great admin and you've got a bitchin' asss
Haku*
Veteran

Post by Haku* »

Anomaly wrote:Kill the animals.
Fuck yeah!
Be sure to let us know if you make it, it'd be dope to see one of us destroy a game.
Last edited by Haku* on Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have a great day!
Cloudboys

Post by Cloudboys »

I've always enjoyed watching speedruns of any games, might tune in this year and watch for a couple of hours!
Anomaly
Veteran

Post by Anomaly »

Haku* wrote:
Anomaly wrote:Kill the animals.
Fuck yeah!
Be sure to let us know if you make it, it'd be dope to see one of us destroy a game.
Not going to lie. The WR is 25:23 (held by Jorf) and to qualify for any given game you generally have to be able to get within 15% of the WR. Kid Icarus is only ran as two catagories, any% glitchless and any% as it's a very broken game, and I run any%. My last 10 runs were 50m+ because there are several (and by several I mean like 12) single frame glitches that have to be done not only on that single frame, but sometimes on that single frame lined up with a timers in game that can not be reset. It's a very, very hard run for an already incredibly difficult game, but hopefully I will be able to get within qualifying time. When I was much younger I could do sub-40 almost every single time. Maybe I need to practice on a CRT instead of my LED, not sure, but I keep missing frame-perfect things.

I will keep practicing, I really want to be able to attend as a runner for the first time and show you guys how broken KI can be. Either way as long as I get some approved vacation time you'll see me in the audience! Also if I can constantly hit sub-40 I will probably start streaming it on Twitch for you guys to enjoy, so there is that too.
Last edited by Anomaly on Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:08 am, edited 5 times in total.
Feel free to add me!

<22:54:21> "Person_Unknown": Anomaly, you're a great admin and you've got a bitchin' asss
Haku*
Veteran

Post by Haku* »

Oh my lord, that game sounds really frustrating (never played it myself) if you make it I hope it wont go like Prince of Persia did at SGDQ 2015 :C

Good luck with the optimization.
Have a great day!