Disc-FF Competitive Team Tryouts / Info

Idjit
Veteran

Disc-FF Competitive Team Tryouts / Info

Post by Idjit »

Hey everyone, Idjit here.

Recently a few of the players have decided to get together and make a competitive Highlander Team (9 vs. 9).

Currently we are entering the Tournament as a Steel Team.

Here is where we will be posting updates, along with any information you may need to know.

Team Manager:
Idjit (Holds a permanent position on the team.)

Team Compositon:
Scout:
Main [Zer0.Californication] Sub [[FF'A] Abraham ツ]

Soldier:
Main [Omnom] Sub []

Pyro:
Main [MoneyKidKing] Sub []

Demoman:
Main [] Sub []

Heavy:
Main [Katz] Sub []

Engineer:
Main [Idjit] Sub []

Medic:
Main [Mr. Pail] Sub []

Sniper:
Main [Tyresse] Sub [Charleston]

Spy:
Main [Deity] Sub []

To apply for a Class:

First, get into contact with me. My steam profile is http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198061261288/
Our group page can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/discffcompteam

If you are the first person applying for a class position, then you will become the team's main for that class. The next person to apply for that position will then compete with the main. I'll organize a 1 vs. 1 between these two people. The winner of the 1 vs. 1 will become the main for the team, and the loser will become the sub. From here, any other applicants for said class will be challenging the sub. Should they win against the sub, They will have a shot to challenge the main. if they lose against the sub, then they will not be on the team at all. You can challenge the players holding class positions whenever you'd like, it just needs to be done through me. If you need any further explanation, feel free to find me on the Teamspeak.

Speaking of which, it is HEAVILY recommended that you have a mic, and Teamspeak. This is what we'll be using to communicate during Training, Scrims, and Matches.

Scrims will take place here: https://tf2center.com/
The maps for said website: https://www.ugcleague.com/files_tf2h.cfm

You will also need to download this map: http://gamebanana.com/maps/107794
This map will be used for private training when we are not practicing together
(The map needs the command "sv_allow_point_servercommand always" then "retry" to work properly)

This post will be updated constantly, so make sure to check back every now and again, and leave a comment!
Last edited by Idjit on Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:03 am, edited 13 times in total.
Fire wrote:Funny but don't post this stupid shit.
MrRocketBoots wrote:Completely understandable, I did overlook that. Apologies, Thanks for you time none the less.
Abraham
Veteran

Re: Disc-FF Competitive Team Tryouts / Info

Post by Abraham »

Ayee if there's a substitutes sub position I could tag along as scout or pyro, not the best with either but im definitely not the worst :D Not too sure if id have the time this autumn even for that position xD
Last edited by Abraham on Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Haku*
Veteran

Post by Haku* »

I really don't like the idea of a 1v1 being the deciding factor in who gets to play, there is so much more to every single class than just their personal dm in a perfect set up 1v1 situation.
How do they call? how do they respond to calls? how's their positioning? how is their movement? how is their timing? how do you trial medics? how do you trial engineers? how do you trial spies? how is their dm in an actual scrim?
pure dm might work in steel but once you go silver things start to complicate, for example a few seasons ago in mid (high silver-low platinum) there was a Russian team who had the highest dm in the season (Team Niveous) but they ended up in 5th.
Dm is a good line to start at with classes who's dm actually matters like soldier, scout and demo but for the other classes I suggest we get a main and then just try people out in scrims and see how they do at things that matter for their class. Your aim with the crossbow does not tell me anything about your ability to count, milk and hold ubers.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clicking the image above brings you to my profile. Technology, right?
Have a great day!
Deity of the Mask
Veteran

Post by Deity of the Mask »

Should the need for a Spy arise, I guess i could try

Amiibo Alex wrote: My uncle is a lawyer, and I will take legal action to this.
Idjit
Veteran

Post by Idjit »

Haku* wrote:I really don't like the idea of a 1v1 being the deciding factor in who gets to play, there is so much more to every single class than just their personal dm in a perfect set up 1v1 situation.
For now, this is going to be the basics for our team comp. Since we have an entire season's worth of time to train, I'm fairly certain that we'll have the time needed to teach each player on the team different callouts, as well as all of he other problems that come up. I plan on starting from the very basics and moving beyond that. obviously, if someone has good game play but just cannot grasp the necessities for competitive play, they'll be dropped from the team. As for Medics, and Engineers, I'll be testing them myself to see how they play and if they do well via Pub matches (EX: Having the medic keep 3 team members alive on a pub. Whichever medic can keep these team members alive the longest,as well as provide the most support, wins the slot.) Thanks for the feedback!
Last edited by Idjit on Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fire wrote:Funny but don't post this stupid shit.
MrRocketBoots wrote:Completely understandable, I did overlook that. Apologies, Thanks for you time none the less.
Haku*
Veteran

Post by Haku* »

No problem, I would love to join the team myself but I am already playing in a UGC team so naturally I cant join amother one. I can however help with maptalks, strategy, and if this team thing is really happening help with players and info. I can also coach spy basically all the way to gold lemme know if you need any help with anything! :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clicking the image above brings you to my profile. Technology, right?
Have a great day!
Mr Pail
Veteran

Post by Mr Pail »

Well if you got room for either a medic or sniper, would love to give it a try.

Sureal
Tyresse

Post by Tyresse »

Room for a Sniper, would love to try out.
I don't know what to write, so here's nothing....