A sad but hopeful update.

HakureiReimu_Husky

A sad but hopeful update.

Post by HakureiReimu_Husky »

An update to my leave. I still have not been able to find work or a house in California as the nightmares of the upper percentile have successfully ruined the job market and the housing market. My hopes are to move within the next two months to Michigan to which my beloved lives. I have ins with the Ford Motor Company so I emailed my previous representative to see if there is an opening. I hope I can be on as well as reapply within that time period +- a few weeks for the ability to purchase amenities.
Last edited by HakureiReimu_Husky on Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
This is goodbye.
Suspicious

Re: A sad but hopeful update.

Post by Suspicious »

Dang, I hope you do alright Husky. Although I am not too smart when it comes to the world around us, I do know its a scary place to be, so stay safe and smart. Hopefully things will turn out for the good. :)
Apparently watching anime makes you a weeb immediately. Cool.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

Good luck with your job hunting. Maybe try USA Jobs also and see if there is any Gov jobs open in your area.
ImageImage
Tornado123

Post by Tornado123 »

Husky,Be safe bro. I am hoping you Can move.
Tornado Image
Spoiler
Dongle: Tornado im going to cut you if you keep stealing my damn rockets
Xyn

Post by Xyn »

Husky, I've never spoken with you but I saw your thread and really feel for your situation as I can relate. I live in the heart of the California drought, and have experienced the fallout of the impacted job market in California. It might be too late, but CalJobs is a great resource that is utilized throughout the entirety of California for a huge variety of jobs at all levels of employment.

https://www.caljobs.ca.gov/vosnet/Default.aspx

..and as Fire already mentioned, USAJobs is a great resource to locate federal work of all levels throughout the entirety of the US, US Territories and some military installations overseas.

https://www.usajobs.gov/

Finally, I'm not sure if you are familiar with your local Employment Development Department (EDD) resource but they are outstanding and offer a variety of services for free. Including workshops, resume counseling specifically tailored to use online job resources such as CalJobs and USAJobs, and one-on-one counseling for all things related to employment. One last note, you can use California EDD to find work outside of California.

Best of luck.
Last edited by Xyn on Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
HakureiReimu_Husky

Post by HakureiReimu_Husky »

Xyn wrote:Husky, I've never spoken with you but I saw your thread and really feel for your situation as I can relate. I live in the heart of the California drought, and have experienced the fallout of the impacted job market in California. It might be too late, but CalJobs is a great resource that is utilized throughout the entirety of California for a huge variety of jobs at all levels of employment.

https://www.caljobs.ca.gov/vosnet/Default.aspx

..and as Fire already mentioned, USAJobs is a great resource to locate federal work of all levels throughout the entirety of the US, US Territories and some military installations overseas.

https://www.usajobs.gov/

Finally, I'm not sure if you are familiar with your local Employment Development Department (EDD) resource but they are outstanding and offer a variety of services for free. Including workshops, resume counseling specifically tailored to use online job resources such as CalJobs and USAJobs, and one-on-one counseling for all things related to employment. One last note, you can use California EDD to find work outside of California.

Best of luck.
Unfortunately ive gone through usajobs and Caljobs. The EDD for Nevada County has closed down due to the crash of our job market, leading my whole notion in attempt to stay in California completely bunked. There is a job vacancy of 0.02% and a housing vacancy of 0.18%. The only jobs I can apply to require a commute in excess of 75 miles of my home, which I cannot afford to commute
Last edited by HakureiReimu_Husky on Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is goodbye.
Xyn

Post by Xyn »

Sorry to hear that, best of luck with what you're going through. Just keep at it, and something positive will eventually come from it.