Smart people: neurological info needed.

HakureiReimu_Husky

Smart people: neurological info needed.

Post by HakureiReimu_Husky »

Hello all, it's been a while. I'm in the midst of relocation but during these times and even times before I've been plagued with a serious/severe sleeping issue. From my understanding of the parts of the brain of which induce sleep, it could be a melatonin deficiency, non-reception or maybe even rejection. The serious part of the matter is that get no rest until fallen unconcious. I've grown quite delirious and on edge with this situation as it's affecting nearly everything, from my ability to move my belongings to absolutely delusional thoughts. I however don't know much about the brain and Ithink this situation could a deeper level than just melatonin reception.
If anyone knows anything of this issue please let me know.
Reason why I ask here as well as other places is because theres alot of highly intelligent people where least expected, and I don't have the tens of thousands for a scan xD
Thanks in advance,
-Husky
This is goodbye.
McKon
Veteran
Location: The Netherlands, North-Brabant, Dongen, Oranjeplein 53

Re: Smart people: neurological info needed.

Post by McKon »

I'm not the expert you might want, but I think you just have a lot of tensions and worries cause of the move. You think a lot about what is going on and your brain is going overdrive because of it, making it harder to fall asleep. My advice to you is to either distract yourself a bit by doing something fun. Or try to convince yourself to worry about those things the next day.

I've had a lot of issues with sleeping as well in my past. But after some time plowing through my mind I got to resolve my issues and since then I sleep like a Snorlax.
Last edited by McKon on Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
-McKon
Sir Spookleton
Veteran

Post by Sir Spookleton »

McKon wrote:since then I sleep like a Snorlax.
So, you devour ~900lbs of food before you sleep?
Last edited by Sir Spookleton on Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haku*
Veteran

Post by Haku* »

Well you might be on the wrong internet forums for advice like this but the problem is likely physical or mental. There are some disorders that cause problems with sleep but I wouldn't suggest self diagnosing anything based on what you hear on the internet.
Don't know the medical situation in america but you can get mild melatonin pills in finland with no perscription so aslong as you read labels and are responsible you might want to try that. Also things like sleep schedules and cycles, depression, stress and your sleep environment can cause problems. I would suggest seeing a doctor or something, once again I don't know about the sitation of your healthcare but I hope you can arrange it. Sleep is very important and lack of can break a person pretty badly.
That would be the extent of knowledge on sleep I have as a Practical Nurse student. Good night, hope you sleep tight.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clicking the image above brings you to my profile. Technology, right?
Have a great day!
Neko
Veteran

Post by Neko »

I know the feeling. I was just talking with others about how I must have some form of insomnia, because I can go 4 days or more without sleep and feel perfectly fine. Most of the reason I ever do sleep is because I force myself to even if I am not tired and it still takes a long time to actually fall asleep.

http://www.worldhealth.net/news/the_11_ ... _insomnia/
Last edited by Neko on Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://github.com/SollyVR
Add me on VRChat: "Solly."
Add me on Steam: linked to my forums website.
Varple
Veteran

Post by Varple »

Have you gone to any professionals at all? It isn't wise to try and diagnose yourself, leave that to the professionals. We don't want to tell you to get some medicine, or do a certain treatment if you don't even know what is specifically wrong.
Ruhlar wrote: Excuse me, you motherfuckers
Ruhlar wrote: Locking my posts, the fuck you think you are? B1
Mr Pail
Veteran

Post by Mr Pail »

Almost sounds like sleep apnea. Two people including my mom had similar cases with it and went to a sleep doctor. If you haven't looked into a CPAP-machine, I highly recommend you do.

Sureal
HakureiReimu_Husky

Post by HakureiReimu_Husky »

Unfortunately, the whole reason why I'm moving is because I haven't a job, so I haven't seen professional help. If im not mistaken sleep apnea is an issue with the trachea but I may be wrong
This is goodbye.
Anomaly
Veteran

Post by Anomaly »

I've struggled with sleep issues my entire life. I find that routine exercise and a natural melatonin supplement are the only things that seem to help. I also ensure I am in the dark, with no electronics on, when I go to sleep otherwise I am distracted. Staying on a healthy sleep schedule is also important, but I can't do that because of my work hours.

Exercise is very important, your body releases more melatonin when it needs to physically recover.

Additionally, allergies believe it or not may play a part since you are moving. You might be breathing dust or particulates that you are not use to breathing in. They can actually disrupt your nervous system, make you itchy, make you distracted from sleep. Try a melatonin supplement and maybe some benadryl about 45 minutes before bed and see if that helps you. It should probably cost $10 for both.

If all else fails, to clear my mind, I think of song lyrics and try to think of something in great detail (visually) to help me take my mind off of things so I can allow myself to fall asleep. The more detail of something I focus on, the faster I seem to fall asleep.

Again, take all of this with a grain of salt as sleep is different for everyone. This is just my advice.
Feel free to add me!

<22:54:21> "Person_Unknown": Anomaly, you're a great admin and you've got a bitchin' asss
Person_Unknown
Veteran

Post by Person_Unknown »

Pills help.

Spoiler
No sleep is a pretty common problem. Could be any number of things.
IN LOVING MEMORY - We miss you Person

Need me? Link to my profile's right here.