OCCHIO Released! [Giveaway Ended]

Anomaly
Veteran

OCCHIO Released! [Giveaway Ended]

Post by Anomaly »

Some of you might remember this (approved) thread from awhile back about me speaking about an upcoming game I've helped guide, support, and playtest called OCCHIO from my good friend Preston.

The game is now out on Steam and only $4.49

Preston only gave a three pack of keys (for now), so I only have two to give out. Samba and Abraham (randomly chosen), I will be contacting you tomorrow with your keys.

Mr. Pail, Armen and Zekn also posted in that thread and I will work on getting your copies soon, so stay tuned. After that I will be unable to request more free keys from Preston. Sorry. :(

The rest of you, if this looks like something you would like, grab it while it's on sale if you want. Or don't. No pressure. IT'S A GREAT GAME THOUGH SERIOUSLY BUY IT IT'S WORTH EVERY PENNY. <3

Samba - Sent
Armen - Sent
Pail - Sent
Zekn - Sent
Abraham - Sent
Last edited by Anomaly on Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Feel free to add me!

<22:54:21> "Person_Unknown": Anomaly, you're a great admin and you've got a bitchin' asss
Armen
Veteran

Re: OCCHIO Released! [Giveaway Ended]

Post by Armen »

Can't wait to try it out.
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

I believe there are others who would have a lot more time to play the game than what I do as of im extreamly awayish till the end of november. I really appreciate the chance of getting a free key for the game and would love to play it, but its better if you choose someone else instead of me. Still think the game looks awesome!
ImageImageImage
Anomaly
Veteran

Post by Anomaly »

Understood Abraham, I'll get yours soon enough. No worries.

Sent keys to Samba and Armen. :)

UPDATE:

Keys sent to all 5 of you! Enjoy the game! Leave a review if you want, no obligations to do that though. :)

UPDATE 2:

I'm apparently writing their next game... ;o
Last edited by Anomaly on Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Feel free to add me!

<22:54:21> "Person_Unknown": Anomaly, you're a great admin and you've got a bitchin' asss
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

am keen <3
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Mr Pail
Veteran

Post by Mr Pail »

Much appreciated! Gonna have me some fun with this :3

Sureal
Anomaly
Veteran

Post by Anomaly »

No problem! BTW the V2 patch is around the corner to add credits (with me in them) and to fix the majority of bugs.
Feel free to add me!

sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

If I may, I wanna nitpick a tiny bit.
I just finished playing a brief, albeit filling ten minutes of the game, and I'm incredibly impressed.

the soundtrack chosen for the overworld was quite enjoyable and calming, and the general aesthetic was also pleasing to the eye, and not at all overbearing.

The hit detection on your player is very concise, which was exactly what I was hoping to see with this style of game. If you get hit and die, it's not to a fault of the game, rather it's due to some poor timing or a lapse in coordination. Reaching the goal object felt satisfying.

However, the few things I feel I want to nitpick from the getgo:
upon dying or advancing to the next stage, the transition between stages is quite shaky. From time to time when advancing, I found I could still move during the dip to black, of which would usually lead to my demise, as would dying. I feel this may need touching up on.

The main menu I surprisingly found to be a little confusing, believe it or not.
Granted, there's only three options you can choose from and the simplicity factor was nice, but it seemed just a tiny bit confusing to me.

Before continuing I wish to mention I was playing with an Xbox One controller.
With that, I was slightly disappointed that all D-Pad possibility was disabled. I feel this game would be great if I could use that rather than having to use the thumbstick
Just use your keyboard...
Great idea! ...if it weren't for the fact I don't particularly find too much enjoyment in playing some to most platform games with my keyboard. I prefer to lean back and play using a controller. I'm grateful enough to actually BE able to use it, however, D-Pad functionality would be tops.

Upon pressing Esc or the Menu button on my controller, I'm instantly sent to the main menu, of which I (refer to above re: D-Pad) accidentally started a new game, which erased my save state and immediately saved the new game. I wasn't all too pleased and stopped playing right there.
A pause menu would be absolutely tops, as well as an options menu so I can mute in-game music/sounds/change resolutions/window the game.
You can do that from the PC mixer/PC settings...
I'd rather not have to go out of my way if it can be implemented into the game. I know what the Game Maker engine is capable of.
Second to that, some form of stage selection, or confirmation on starting a new game would be really nice.

Air control.
I both enjoy and hate how you control in the air. I like the idea of having momentum, and having to break that to change your direction midair. However, I feel like this is a little slow; not by a lot, but just a little bit.

Projectile enemies.
The triangles that deploy projectile obstacles confused me a little, only because I was expecting them to change their rotation depending on the way they're firing. This wasn't the case. Tiny thing, but I feel that could be adjusted.

Overall, I do think it's a great game, and major kudos to your friend Anomaly. It's great! I personally just feel it could do with just a little more polish.
Last edited by sambawarkiddo on Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anomaly
Veteran

Post by Anomaly »

To address these:

1.) The save game issue, transitions, and other visual bugs, are known and such are being fixed in an upcoming patch.
2.) The air control is my fault, I gave feedback based soley on my controller (not my keyboard). It plays best with a logitech controller where you have a button to switch back and forth from the stick to the DPad. I'll see about getting DPad support for Xbox and other controllers.
3.) I'll see about the projectiles for the 3rd patch. :)
4.) Additional polish won't be a thing, it's a distinct art style because it was created after a dream my friend had. Also additional settings probably won't happen.
5.) If you want a copy of the music I could probably get that. :)

The next game, which I can't talk about the details of, will be much more polished I can assure you that. It's got a much, much larger budget and we're collabing with quite a few people on it.

I am glad you enjoyed the game though! :)
Last edited by Anomaly on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Feel free to add me!

sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

Tyvm for the feedback, and it's good to know things will get touched up!
An additional option to grab the OST would be pretty sweeto. It's very calming.

And yeh! Good game overall!