BATTLEFIELD 1 HYPE!

Neko
Veteran

BATTLEFIELD 1 HYPE!

Post by Neko »

So I got the Early Enlister Ultimate Edition of Battlefield 1 and I'm super hyped to start playing. Only about 6 days to go and I was wondering who else might be getting Battlefield 1 so we could do something on teamspeak. An admin/regular meetup so to speak. If not then wtv, more BF1 for me. Anyone who didn't play the beta I recommend at least trying it out and if you don't like it, just refund it. But DAMN it's so good.
Last edited by Neko on Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://github.com/SollyVR
Add me on VRChat: "Solly."
Add me on Steam: linked to my forums website.
BrotherhoodofSteel

Re: BATTLEFIELD 1 HYPE!

Post by BrotherhoodofSteel »

Gonna pre-order it probably Monday, just the basic edition. Planning to buy it more for the single-player than the multi. I played the beta and wasn't impressed. I mean it was good but its just the usual battlefield, nothing crazy different.
HakureiReimu_Husky

Post by HakureiReimu_Husky »

I'd honestly be more hyped for another installment of Bad Company.
This is goodbye.
Anomaly
Veteran

Post by Anomaly »

Feel free to add me!

<22:54:21> "Person_Unknown": Anomaly, you're a great admin and you've got a bitchin' asss
BrotherhoodofSteel

Post by BrotherhoodofSteel »

Oh fuck off with the gold camo shit. Dice, really?
Last edited by BrotherhoodofSteel on Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anomaly
Veteran

Post by Anomaly »

There is a reason why I dislike Battlefield games. They charge for every map pack after the fact, maps they were already planning to put in but decided to profit on. I hate that business practice. I like Valve's approach where you can pay to support a community map maker IF YOU CHOOSE TO but flat out charging for something like a map pack is bullshit.

Additionally, I hate the idea of "Season Passes" especially when they're a pre-order bonus or before the games launch. That's like basically saying "lol you paid $59.99 for an unfinished game" and it pisses me right the fuck off.

I'll be over here playing Cluster Truck -->

https://gfycat.com/MemorableFlamboyantAnaconda
Last edited by Anomaly on Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Feel free to add me!

<22:54:21> "Person_Unknown": Anomaly, you're a great admin and you've got a bitchin' asss
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

If they're gonna be using PunkBuster like they did with BF3, I will happily pass.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Sir Spookleton
Veteran

Post by Sir Spookleton »

sambawarkiddo wrote:If they're gonna be using PunkBuster like they did with BF3, I will happily pass.
I'm assuming that's their Anti-Cheat system?
Last edited by Sir Spookleton on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
HakureiReimu_Husky

Post by HakureiReimu_Husky »

Sir Spookleton wrote:
sambawarkiddo wrote:If they're gonna be using PunkBuster like they did with BF3, I will happily pass.
I'm assuming that's their Anti-Cheat system?
Server host
Last edited by HakureiReimu_Husky on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is goodbye.
Neko
Veteran

Post by Neko »

Anomaly wrote:There is a reason why I dislike Battlefield games. They charge for every map pack after the fact, maps they were already planning to put in but decided to profit on. I hate that business practice. I like Valve's approach where you can pay to support a community map maker IF YOU CHOOSE TO but flat out charging for something like a map pack is bullshit.

https://gfycat.com/MemorableFlamboyantAnaconda
That's what a lot of FPS games are like, including BF and COD. Honestly I don't mind that approach. There should be paid content for select few. Not only that but a lot of the younger audience can't convince their parents to spend more money on the game than they already have so you get more competent players in your squad and less mic spam. Anyways, most map packs are free for a certain amount of time eventually so if you stay up to date with news you won't have to pay if you're patient enough. Either way I'll happily pay for content I enjoy. To each his own, so I understand your point.
Last edited by Neko on Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
https://github.com/SollyVR
Add me on VRChat: "Solly."
Add me on Steam: linked to my forums website.