So what do you think I should do?

Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

So what do you think I should do?

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

One of my kinda close friends in high school (we're both still in high school, senior year) just recently got arrested for bringing a knife to school, and threatening to shoot the place up worse than one of the worst school shootings that has happened recently. I know this kid. He's a jokester who loves his memes, dark humor, and CS:GO. He was one of the few people I actually liked talking to at my school, and now he's going to face probably 20 years in prison.
Now what? He's still one of my friends. I know he wouldn't do it. I have my reasons to believe he only brought a knife to show another knife fan. He recently bought a Karambit knife online. I walked in on him talking about his knife, and his friend was talking about his butterfly knife (cause he's an edgelord, in his own words).

Think I should still try communicating with him, or try to avoid him like the plague (god I have so many people I do that to already though)?
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Re: So what do you think I should do?

Post by sambawarkiddo »

nop.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

I can't tell you whether or not to keep in contact with the person. That decision is entirely up to you because you obviously know him way more than the rest of us. Honestly just trust your gut
ImageImage
HakureiReimu_Husky

Post by HakureiReimu_Husky »

I can't really tell you other than to listen to your gut. If you feel an elevated feeling, something's up and you need to hightail.
This is goodbye.
LewandaSillyFeathers
Server Admin

Post by LewandaSillyFeathers »

Unfortunately schools have to take all threats seriously because the moment they don't something bad happens. No one should ever make those kind of jokes. You know your friend better than any of us and remaining in touch with him is up to you. Your friend needs to face the consequences for his actions, and his actions may ruin the rest of his life. Hopefully everything works out for you guys though.

Why would you ever accept fear when you have the power to refuse it?
SkyBlue: He didn't lick it good enough.
Onion: is it cause of my race?
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

Update:
He removed me from facebook (actually, I think it was he was forced to delete it probably), but he is still on my Steam Friends list. Of course he probably won't be on for quite some time, you know, due to jail time. Was a shame he had to go like this (seriously, down 1 person I can actually stand at my school).
Doomblade3890

Post by Doomblade3890 »

I would say you should stay in touch with your friend. This is probably going to be the toughest part of your friend's life, and he's going to need all the support he can get to make it through it. Having someone he cares about being in touch and being there to support him through these dark times will certainly mean the world to him and make all the difference. It's not going to be easy, but I'm sure he'll be deeply grateful that you were there for him.