Budgie training tips?

hisiglemic

Budgie training tips?

Post by hisiglemic »

So my budgie who I'm assuming is a female because she won't chirp as much she's green and her cere is brown I am trying to tame. So for the first few days of me doing this I just sat by her cage eventually she started flying around the cage and eating instead of just sitting in the back waiting for me to leave. Then I started putting my hand in her cage now however when I put my hand in there she tried to get as far away as possible. I tried putting millet spray in my hand and that doesn't even get her to come closer. But still when I sit right by her cage she has no problem with me being there. Does anyone have some tips?
one day I will meet Gaben
Dongle
Forum Mod

Re: Budgie training tips?

Post by Dongle »

Let your hand rest in the cage. Don't try to chase her or else she's going to feel threatened. Let her come to you, and eventually she'll warm up to you. Every budgie is different, so you'll need to be patient with her.
Last edited by Dongle on Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Re: Budgie training tips?

Post by sambawarkiddo »

Dongle wrote:Let your hand rest in the cage. Don't try to chase her or else she's going to feel threatened. Let her come to you, and eventually she'll warm up to you. Every budgie is different, so you'll need to be patient with her.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?