TF2 Upcoming Weapon Changes (Discussion)

Fire
Owner

TF2 Upcoming Weapon Changes (Discussion)

Post by Fire »

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=30147

What are your thoughts on these related to normal TF2 game play? Also I'd like to hear from people how they think these changes might effect our servers game modes.
Last edited by Fire on Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Re: TF2 Upcoming Weapon Changes

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

The gloves of running are being turned to what we have in FF2, meaning we'll have to change that off so heavies don't lose like 50 health per second.
Also RIP Rescue Ranger, B.A.S.E. Jumper, and Dead Ringer.
AC/DC Freak
Veteran

Post by AC/DC Freak »

An interesting update to weapons, that could make some people angry. I don't really care either way. Except maybe the dead ringer change.
Last edited by AC/DC Freak on Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armen
Veteran

Post by Armen »

AC/DC Freak wrote:An interesting update to weapons, that could make some people angry. I don't really care either way. Except maybe the dead ringer change.
If I'm reading this right, it says that they are just taking away the ability to fasten the cool-down for the DR.
I don't really see this as a problem. As someone who uses it a lot, I have never went to grab an ammo pack or the sort.
Last edited by Armen on Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
King Demomidas
Veteran

Post by King Demomidas »

Deadringer is a cancer tier item in slender. Im' ok with the nerf

Rip rescue ranger, bonk, ambassador, sandman.

We're going a little deeper on some classes this time (e.g. Scout) and not as deep on others (e.g. Demoman)

LEAVE THE POOR BLACKMIN ALONE! IF YOU TOUCH MY STICKIES I SWEAR GABBIN.

I feel this whole thread was done by someone who A: Wanks to comp blacklists too much, or B: Listens to crybaby gibus kids on SPUF too much.

Not everything is "Op or frustrating to play against" valve.
¸ .•♛•.¸¸.•♛•All That Glitters Is Gold•♛•.¸¸.•♛•.¸

bijuu

Re: TF2 Upcoming Weapon Changes (Discussion)

Post by bijuu »

Most of the scout nerfs are so drastic and also questionable as hell.
B.A.S.E. Jumper won't be as annoying now, Mantreads might be actually useful now and fun to play with.
The Sniper Shield changes are really strange but whatever.
Vita-Saw change is whatever, but rip a bit of the crossbow's power.
Heavy buffs are nice.
Rescue ranger changes were also questionable, but not too terrible.

Lastly, thank god for the dead ringer and amby nerfs, both were cancerous imo.
Last edited by bijuu on Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Idjit
Veteran

Post by Idjit »

All of these changes are just god awful, aside from a handfull. they're taking away a ton of utility from good items, and nerfing other items to the ground.
Last edited by Idjit on Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fire wrote:Funny but don't post this stupid shit.
MrRocketBoots wrote:Completely understandable, I did overlook that. Apologies, Thanks for you time none the less.
FawfulRoach
Veteran

Post by FawfulRoach »

So far, these changes are pretty meh to me. Im not a huge fan of the rescue ranger and atomizer nerfs personally to name a couple. However, I do agree with the dead ringer nerf, as that weapon is painfully annoying to fight against as hale, and can be used to delay quite often.
Rigby!

Post by Rigby! »

From a VSH perspective, most of these changes are great, excluding the Razorback, Darwin's Danger Sheild, Rescue Ranger, and Flying Guillotine. They don't affect the gamemode with their changes.

From a casual perspective, they removed some fun and quirky items from the game, which isn't great. Because some of the weapons were fun, like the Flying Guillotine and the Base jumper.

From a competitive perspective, most of the changes were done on weapons that are banned in the competitive scene. And from the changes, all of these weapons might become unbanned. For example, the Sandman was not a fun weapon to fight, and did not require much skill. I am very active in the competitive scene, so I might have some bias there.
Last edited by Rigby! on Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Someone take the exclamation mark out of my name, I'm not excited to be here.
ZippyBlitzDitz

Post by ZippyBlitzDitz »

I actually think everything is fine but the dead ringer. I understand the concept but the invis watch is more team orientated and used for more picks than a clutch escape like DR. Dead ringer is really only attempt to get out of shitty situations without too much punishment even though if you train yourself, you can easily follow the spy when activates it. I prefer invis over dr on any day but I see why they want to make invis watch more "viable" despite of you being able to put yourself in a better position for a sack unlike DR. Those are mainly my two cents, i kind of like the new changes. ^^ And I'm glad fucking Razor back is being dealt with as well as Darwins... I yet to see machina being changed or the loch n load... That projectile speed is a little pain in the ass to fight against since it actually gives you more of an edge to spam light classes easily. I'm not even going to rant about the three pills in two barrels thing works lmao.

I'm kind of glad they're bridging the cap between competitive and casual, even though I do think that people are allowed to play the game what they want to play it as. The views however are way different if you're a spy main on pubs than in a shitty third party league *cough cough ugc cough cough* . which raises a lot of different views on how certain weapons should be. I think it's best looking at all the changes with a glass half full and experiment with them to their fullest potential. :)
Last edited by ZippyBlitzDitz on Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:08 am, edited 3 times in total.