pizzaman408

Joe Mute / Silence appeal

Post by pizzaman408 »

Your Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/pizzaman1944/
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:25219794

Which Admin muted You: Joevader
Server which you have been muted on: CSGO MG

How long they muted you for: A week

Reason why they muted you: "Screaming into mic" according to him.

Reason why you think this mute is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc.: Me nor the other 4 players screaming received a warning before hand, while this also doesn't make it right to be screaming on my mic I feel like a warning would've been sufficient to handle the problem but it resulted in an instant 24 hr mute then a bit later into a week long silence.
Reason why we should unmute / silence you: I feel like the silence should be revoked because It's very lengthy taking into consideration the offence. Also, take note that I play on disc ff servers all the time and never get into trouble or problems with the administration. All i'm requesting is to revoke the week long silence. It seems a bit too harsh...considering that I didn't get a warning and the mic-spam was only a quick 2 - 3 seconds as well as not just including me.
Last edited by pizzaman408 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
joevader
Veteran

Re: Joe Mute / Silence appeal

Post by joevader »

When I join the server and there are multiple players screaming on the mic, my first priority is to mute whatever names I see in chat that are making the most noise. That was you. I muted you for 24 hours. The only reason it was extended is because of the unneeded attacks on me after the fact. If you are trying to get yourself unmuted, spamming chat and flaming the admins is not the way to go about that.

Try again next week.
Apathy wrote:^Coming from a proleet MLG ESEA 1v5 Deag Eco Ace All headshots
Apathy wrote:Nigga I take it OUT the butt
pizzaman408

Post by pizzaman408 »

joevader wrote:When I join the server and there are multiple players screaming on the mic, my first priority is to mute whatever names I see in chat that are making the most noise. That was you. I muted you for 24 hours. The only reason it was extended is because of the unneeded attacks on me after the fact. If you are trying to get yourself unmuted, spamming chat and flaming the admins is not the way to go about that.

Try again next week.
How do you only see my name when there were multiple people talking on their mics? And isn't there some sort of warning system? You're the only admin that I have seen regulars complain about when you're not in the server. You come in and instantly start muting and silencing people without saying a word. "attacking you"?! I did nothing of the sort I was simply trying to ask and converse with you about why I was muted.
Last edited by pizzaman408 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
joevader
Veteran

Post by joevader »

Im not sure what the big deal here is. You mic spammed. That is against the rules. You were muted. That is the appropriate punishment. You started flaming an admin about muting you. Your mute was extended. And saying you did no such thing is hilarious, there are multiple people who were in the server at the time who would gladly point out the opposite. People might hate me for enforcing the rules, but that isn't something that is going to stop. I typically hold back from giving out many warnings to regular players because they know the rules and the punishments beforehand. That being said, ive seen you online multiple times and know you are a regular. I shouldn't have to warn you to not scream into your mic like a 10 year old child.
pizzaman408

Post by pizzaman408 »

joevader wrote:Im not sure what the big deal here is.
A week long silence? Kind of a big deal IMO. Especially when i'm one that likes to talk to other regulars and have fun on the server. A little social interaction every once in a while is very enjoyable for me.
Last edited by pizzaman408 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
joevader
Veteran

Post by joevader »

pizzaman408 wrote:
A week long silence? Kind of a big deal IMO. Especially when i'm one that likes to talk to other regulars and have fun on the server. A little social interaction every once in a while is very enjoyable for me.
I'm referring to your reaction. Your punishment is warranted, and will not be removed.
Last edited by joevader on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
pizzaman408

Post by pizzaman408 »

joevader wrote:
pizzaman408 wrote:
I'm referring to your reaction. Your punishment is warranted, and will not be removed.

And my silence? I don't understand how you're at liberty to even decide if it stays or goes since you are the one that issued the punishment. I think the majority of other players would also agree that a week long silence is a bit overkill. Considering how minor the current circumstances are.
Last edited by pizzaman408 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apathy
Veteran

Post by Apathy »

You've played here long enough to know how joe handles mic spammers, yet you still tried him and now you're acting surprised?
pizzaman408

Post by pizzaman408 »

Apathy wrote:You've played here long enough to know how joe handles mic spammers, yet you still tried him and now you're acting surprised?

I actually never knew how he handled mic spammers until now. I may play here a lot but I never recognized him in the server nor did I see him handing out 1 week silences left and right. So yeah, I'm a bit surprised none the less. I've been here a long time and I strongly disagree with this type of punishment for something so minuscule. I really don't care if this admin "joevader" is known for handing out huge punishments it's extremely unfair and uncalled for at that. I know the rules, but I also know how these problems are dealt with if broken, and never have I seen such severity within a punishment for mic-spamming
Last edited by pizzaman408 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
joevader
Veteran

Post by joevader »

When I join the server when no other admin is on and the first thing I see is a regular player mic spamming, expect a severe punishment. Although, it was only 24 hours to start. You got it extended yourself by flaming, and you didn't make yourself look any better by bumping an old thread about an issue that didn't concern you whatsoever.