It's finally happening

Drewski
Veteran

It's finally happening

Post by Drewski »

After 6 months of busting my ass and waiting, the PC build I talked about earlier this year, is finally being built.

I'll post pictures as I go along with the build. My SLI bridge is Being delivered today so that will be in the final picture. I have not taken anything out of the box until today so hopefully static has not gotten a hold of anything. Should I be worried about dead parts due to the fact that some of the most important parts have been sitting in my desk for a few months? Also I do not have a name for this yet. If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them. Anyway here are some pictures I just took about 15 minutes ago..

P.S I'm doing this on mobile so if any of my pictures are messed up can someone fix them? Thanks..

Last edited by Drewski on Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Add me on steam! Click the globe icon to go to my profile!
PC Specs
goinundercover
Veteran

Re: It's finally happening

Post by goinundercover »

Yeah your images are borked and I can't even find them in elements or sources. Just post the .jpg link?

Yes it is possible to get doa parts. That is why you usually want to buy all your components within a 2-3 week span. By buying parts slowly over time, you're just buying components earlier in their product cycle and end up usually paying more for what is often outdated hardware by the time you finish piecing the build together. And if you don't have other components to test the new parts with, there's no guarantee that everything will work. If you bought all new parts though, the likelihood of lemons is relatively slim.
Retired.
Drewski
Veteran

Re: It's finally happening

Post by Drewski »

After 12 hours of work, nothing. System won't even power on. I'm really disappointed but I gonna go though all the calves again and make sure everything is hooked up right..
Add me on steam! Click the globe icon to go to my profile!
PC Specs