IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and another issue

sambawarkiddo
Veteran

IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and another issue

Post by sambawarkiddo »

I've done rigorous searching and come up completely dry regarding this error message.
Every day without fail, my PC will randomly freak out then Bluescreen, presenting me with the error message:
IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Has anyone any idea on what's actually happening here, and/or how to fix it?
At first I thought it was my C Drive failing, so I upgraded my HDD to a new one and cloned my OS over.

Then I thought it might be my video drivers, so I updated them to the current version, and even removed my second Video card.
For reference, I'm using an AMD Radeon R9 200 4GB.
I plan to upgrade back to NVidia, but I'm short of funds, and I don't think it's causing the issue.

Another sauce read that it might be Realtek HD Audio Drivers. Fortunately for me, I don't use that anyway, as I have an external I/O, so I disabled the Realtek drivers. This still hasn't solved the problem and I'm stumped for ideas.

With that, I now have my second issue: Upon bootup, I'm presented with this:
BOOTMGR is missing, meaning I have to mash F12 to boot Windows from the appropriate Hard drive.
I should mention that my OLD HDD is no longer in my PC and Windows DOES boot from the new one.

Any and all help/advice/tips would be greatly appreciated.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
HakureiReimu_Husky

Re: IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and another issue

Post by HakureiReimu_Husky »

Your management sub process has lost track of bootmgr, roll your computer back to a restore point before all this happened, then defrag your hard drive, then after that, run CHKDSK, type it in CMD, answer yes, then restart. It will delete bad indexes that used to refer to bootmgr and your iqrl process
This is goodbye.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

HakureiReimu_Husky wrote:Your management sub process has lost track of bootmgr, roll your computer back to a restore point before all this happened, then defrag your hard drive, then after that, run CHKDSK, type it in CMD, answer yes, then restart. It will delete bad indexes that used to refer to bootmgr and your iqrl process
Will be sure to do some of that.
To knowledge, I don't have a restore point haha
Last edited by sambawarkiddo on Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
HakureiReimu_Husky

Then don't restore or defrag, just run chkdsk
This is goodbye.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

Upon some extra digging, I think I can safely narrow the cause of this issue being Chrome and the fact I run multiple monitors.

Allegedly, when playing a video in say Youtube then dragging that specific tab out from my browser, into a separate window, then over to my secondary monitor, dwm.exe runs into an issue processing such a task, causing a crash.

A fix for this, I do not have
Sir Spookleton
Veteran

Post by Sir Spookleton »

sambawarkiddo wrote:Upon some extra digging, I think I can safely narrow the cause of this issue being Chrome and the fact I run multiple monitors.

Allegedly, when playing a video in say Youtube then dragging that specific tab out from my browser, into a separate window, then over to my secondary monitor, dwm.exe runs into an issue processing such a task, causing a crash.

What about only using one monitor?
Last edited by Sir Spookleton on Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

Sir Spookleton wrote:
sambawarkiddo wrote:Upon some extra digging, I think I can safely narrow the cause of this issue being Chrome and the fact I run multiple monitors.

What about only using one monitor?
I'd go with that if I didn't heavily use my second monitor; I've already had to downgrade to two monitors after my third one died.
Eventually I'll look at an upgrade to a 4K, but I'm strapped for cash.
Last edited by sambawarkiddo on Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HakureiReimu_Husky

Strange. I never got this issue from Chrome, the irql error would normally happen when my computer was idle.
This is goodbye.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

HakureiReimu_Husky wrote:Strange. I never got this issue from Chrome, the irql error would normally happen when my computer was idle.
Interestingly enough, I don't get the error when I leave my PC idle, or when I do other things.
I played a few games and a bunch of other things last night, and had no issues. I watched youtube without moving the tab to my other monitor and had no crashing, so I feel pretty confident in saying that's what's causing the problem.
Last edited by sambawarkiddo on Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
HakureiReimu_Husky

sambawarkiddo wrote:
HakureiReimu_Husky wrote:Strange. I never got this issue from Chrome, the irql error would normally happen when my computer was idle.
Interestingly enough, I don't get the error when I leave my PC idle, or when I do other things.
I played a few games and a bunch of other things last night, and had no issues. I watched youtube without moving the tab to my other monitor and had no crashing, so I feel pretty confident in saying that's what's causing the problem.
Have you switched it to wumbo? Perhaps its upside down
This is goodbye.