Dodgeball Suggestions Thread v2.0

Tornado123

Re: Dodgeball Suggestions Thread v2.0

Post by Tornado123 »

Hey Guys, You said what you want, Don't let this go to far out of hand.
Last edited by Tornado123 on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tornado Image
Spoiler
Dongle: Tornado im going to cut you if you keep stealing my damn rockets
kookie

Post by kookie »

Tornado123 wrote:Don't let this go to far out of hand.
Did I say anything wrong? :x
Last edited by kookie on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
This post probably took three times as much time to make as you would expect.

Tornado123

Post by Tornado123 »

kookie wrote:
Tornado123 wrote:Don't let this go to far out of hand.
Did I say anything wrong? :x
No, You did not. I was asking you guys to not get to over board with thing.

And yes it is possible to do that to the rankings I saw a few servers that did that. For How easy it is, I am not too sure, It could be really hard too do.
Last edited by Tornado123 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tornado Image
Spoiler
Dongle: Tornado im going to cut you if you keep stealing my damn rockets
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

I guess I'll add most kills per map to the original post. Active admins will have to talk to fire if they want these things implemented though.
Last edited by goinundercover on Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.
Random_Explosion

Post by Random_Explosion »

Is it possible that we could change on dodgeball, that stats are recorded with the bot, only when there are no other added things such as ffa and vote rocket speed? For ex.- speed stats and air blasts in one round
Last edited by Random_Explosion on Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cloudboys

Post by Cloudboys »

I agree with Random, and I personally think the goomba plugin should also be added, bhop maybe given a chance to be added, and the map prison yard.

EDIT: I think /dbstats should be counted for all of the plugins, /vrs /ffa and vpvb.
Last edited by Cloudboys on Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kookie

Dodgeball Map Voting Suggestion

Post by kookie »

This is rather a hit or miss, but I'll put this out there anyways.

The dodgeball server is frequently visited by newcomers, and that's great. New people always make the community fresh and fun. One problem though that I (and I'm sure other regulars) have, is that these people aren't acquainted with the tfdb maps. They don't know what maps are good, fun, likeable or too big, too bright, unappreciated; You get it. Most new players either vote based on the map name, or it's position on the voting screen. (Most I've seen always vote 4, the closest key to WASD)

Most of the time, these unthoughtful votes aren't consequential to the map that actually gets picked. However, sometimes, these votes actually go through, and we end up in a map like speed_tfdb, where each round lasts 5 minutes, and players who have died early need to wait a long time to respawn. This problem is annoying enough to make me go out of my way to write a suggestion to stop it :|

I found two solutions to this problem. You can reply if you find others.

#1 Restrict players with 1 day or less (of playtime) the ability to vote. It's not their fault that they don't know which maps are which. Give them some time to explore the current map rotation that we usually go through. (If you think 1 day of playtime is way too much, 12 hours or 6 could also work.)

#2 Remove certain bad (or simply unpopular) maps from the roster. This stops them from voting anything bad, like catland_tfdb for example, and also resolves the sad issue where if we forget to nominate a map, we're left with crappy options. I reckon if we did a survey, 40% of the maps in there are downright ignored.

This was my suggestion. Please leave your thoughts. I just felt the need to say it.
Last edited by kookie on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jasmine
Veteran

Post by Jasmine »

This is a common problem amongst all servers. Especially ff2 or prophunt as some maps are way too big or way too small for a certain amount of players.

I don't like the idea of restricting people to vote. Neither to remove maps as the choice for db is already very limited due to what "the better players" considers good maps
In a situation like that partyisland would be removed but that map is great fun every once in a while with players that's not comparative. Speed is also quite frequently played. As is some of the other silly maps that we have.
Dodgeball doesn't evolve around the courts, pingpong, octagon, gym and prisonyard.

Either convince people to vote for the map you want our encourage them to rtv when they've seen the new map.
Last edited by Jasmine on Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Much love
Jasmine
kookie

Post by kookie »

Jasmine wrote:This is a common problem amongst all servers. Especially ff2 or prophunt as some maps are way too big or way too small for a certain amount of players.

I don't like the idea of restricting people to vote. Neither to remove maps as the choice for db is already very limited due to what "the better players" considers good maps
In a situation like that partyisland would be removed but that map is great fun every once in a while with players that's not comparative. Speed is also quite frequently played. As is some of the other silly maps that we have.
Dodgeball doesn't evolve around the courts, pingpong, octagon, gym and prisonyard.

Either convince people to vote for the map you want our encourage them to rtv when they've seen the new map.
Not surprised this response came. Somewhat understand it.

I'm actually happier that a reply that I got a reply that disagrees with me rather than no reply at all. :)

I don't really like sticking with certain maps all the time and it's fun to switch to something kooky and fun once in a while.

Map play frequency: https://disc-ff.gameme.com/maps/tf14

sevin

Post by sevin »

Hi folks, I'm back with b2 of tfdb_toolsheds. I've changed the setting to a clifftop arena and removed the ravine separating the teams, instead using the natural division of the cliffs as the separation. I've also added a pair of taller cliffs with a health pack for the intrepid dodgeballer to attempt to jump to and gain a height advantage. Please let me know what you think, I would like to continue developing the map with your feedback.

revisions and repairs

- lengthened playable area by ~1024hu
- fixed some overlays not showing
- removed respawn room logic
- added kill trigger
- updated observer points
- added soundscapes
- added map info dialog and menu photos

detailing

- new cloudtop setting
- bigger dustmote volumes

tf2maps download

Last edited by sevin on Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.