Broken Basic VIP on FF2

Taliu

Broken Basic VIP on FF2

Post by Taliu »

So, I've had all three Freak Fortress servers on my favorites forever, and I always join from my favorites list, yet my basic VIP has been broken for a while now. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this.
MoneyKidKing

Re: Broken Basic VIP on FF2

Post by MoneyKidKing »

Is it actually broken, or does it just give the on screen notification to add the server to your favorites to get basic VIP? Also in what situations does this happen? Does it occur only on map change? or does it happen randomly when you join one of the servers?

If it occurs only during a map change, I would suggest just typing "retry" into console whenever it happens to you. It may be occurring due to you joining the map before the server is able to read your SteamID.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler
Hylie

Post by Hylie »

This happens to me a lot. Something about the server cache not operating properly or something along the lines of that, according to Fire. Whenever that happens, just retry the server in console. Fixes it for me every time.
Taliu

Post by Taliu »

MoneyKidKing wrote:Is it actually broken, or does it just give the on screen notification to add the server to your favorites to get basic VIP? Also in what situations does this happen? Does it occur only on map change? or does it happen randomly when you join one of the servers?

If it occurs only during a map change, I would suggest just typing "retry" into console whenever it happens to you. It may be occurring due to you joining the map before the server is able to read your SteamID.
Non of the commands work and claims I don't have access. Really annoying if I want to remove KS effects...
Last edited by Taliu on Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
notjus

Post by notjus »

Taliu wrote:So, I've had all three Freak Fortress servers on my favorites forever, and I always join from my favorites list, yet my basic VIP has been broken for a while now. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this.
What do you mean by "a while"? This happens occasionally and is usually fixed very easily w/retry in console, as the two above me have stated, but there *have* been times where I wouldn't have any permissions in one of the servers for half a day no matter what I did, they came back eventually but it's certainly an inconvenience when you can't !report when it happens to you.
Last edited by notjus on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
I go by Get/Here and this is my steam profile.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/notjus/
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Has something to do with late loading flags from the vip plugin, I'll look into since i've done edits to the plugin in the past.