Graphical Glitches In Overwatch

Sir Spookleton
Veteran

Graphical Glitches In Overwatch

Post by Sir Spookleton »

In Overwatch for the past few weeks I've been dealing with some graphical glitches in the form of texture stretching, and I've tried everything I could think of to fix it. Including asking on the Overwatch Subreddit and the official Blizzard forums, but to no avail. I even sent in a ticket, and tried the things they suggested there, but nothing.

So I'm just wondering and hoping that someone here could know a way to fix it.

https://imgur.com/a/vxNod An example of what I'm talking about is like how the textures for the health-pack is stretched out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY0NRh28dfM&t Here's a demo example of what I'm referring to as well.
Last edited by Sir Spookleton on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Re: Graphical Glitches In Overwatch

Post by sambawarkiddo »

everything seems normal.

Have you checked for any updates for your GPU drivers?
Otherwise, try reinstalling. Never seen this before.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Sir Spookleton
Veteran

Post by Sir Spookleton »

sambawarkiddo wrote:everything seems normal.

Have you checked for any updates for your GPU drivers?
Otherwise, try reinstalling. Never seen this before.
Yup, I keep my drivers updated. I tried reinstalling and everything before, didn't work. :c
Last edited by Sir Spookleton on Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

If it isn't fixed, here's what I'd recommend:

Complete driver wipe using DDU: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/dis ... nload.html

Boot into safe mode, run program, uninstall all video drivers.

Download the latest Crimson or GeForce driver, depending if you have AyyMD or Nvidiot and do a clean install.

Cross your fingers and give it a shot.
Retired.
Sir Spookleton
Veteran

Post by Sir Spookleton »

goinundercover wrote:If it isn't fixed, here's what I'd recommend:

Complete driver wipe using DDU: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/dis ... nload.html

Boot into safe mode, run program, uninstall all video drivers.

Download the latest Crimson or GeForce driver, depending if you have AyyMD or Nvidiot and do a clean install.

Cross your fingers and give it a shot.
Updating and doing a completely fresh install of Nvidia was one of the first things I tried, which yielded no results. ; n ;
But thanks for the help, though.
Last edited by Sir Spookleton on Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

Did you use DDU or did you simply uninstall via the control panel?

Uninstalling through the control panel actually leaves behind a lot of remnants of old drivers. That's why I recommended to run display driver uninstaller - it pretty much wipes any traces of drivers on your system.
Retired.
Sir Spookleton
Veteran

Post by Sir Spookleton »

goinundercover wrote:Did you use DDU or did you simply uninstall via the control panel?

Uninstalling through the control panel actually leaves behind a lot of remnants of old drivers. That's why I recommended to run display driver uninstaller - it pretty much wipes any traces of drivers on your system.
I did an uninstall using DDU last night before I went to bed, and reinstalled the Nvidia driver with a clean/fresh install from Nvidia's own website. I linked the new YouTube demo in a post on the OW subreddit too, and the guy who responded said I should replace the graphics card if it still is glitchy and such.
Last edited by Sir Spookleton on Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

I just watched the video. It reminds me of a graphics card pushed too far on an overclock or one that's about to hit the bin.

Try bringing down the clockspeeds if you can(basically downclock the sucker) and see if it helps.. You might have to download something like MSI Afterburner or a similar overclocking application. If you are under warranty it might be a good idea to RMA.
Retired.
Sir Spookleton
Veteran

Post by Sir Spookleton »

goinundercover wrote:I just watched the video. It reminds me of a graphics card pushed too far on an overclock or one that's about to hit the bin.

Try bringing down the clockspeeds if you can(basically downclock the sucker) and see if it helps.. You might have to download something like MSI Afterburner or a similar overclocking application. If you are under warranty it might be a good idea to RMA.
I don't even know how to overclock my PC, so unless overclocking is something that the PC does on its own, then I dunno if that's the issue. And the graphics card, Nvidia GTX 980, has been going strong for like 1,5 years now. I was thinking of sending the PC in to a PC doctor to get the 980 replaced with a new 980 in March, or so.
Last edited by Sir Spookleton on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

Sometimes graphics cards begin to deteriorate(albeit rarely), and as a result can't sustain clockspeeds like they used to. By reducing the clockspeed you might be able to continue using the graphics card without the annoying graphical glitches at the cost of some performance.

GTX 980 is also a bit outdated. Something like a $200 RX 480 would easily match it in performance. You can get it exchanged at that PC Doctor, but just make sure that the price is reasonable.
Retired.