Prop Hunt Maps

sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Re: Prop Hunt Maps

Post by sambawarkiddo »

I will save you all the debate and discussion, since Clocktown is my map.

I want Clocktown removed; I am not open to discussion on it.

There's been the comment about removing it for ages, which has always gone back and forth between removing and not removing.
Removing specific props is easy enough, but that's beside the point. All or nothing. I am not having someone else edit my map(s).

If I ever decide to properly return to the community, I may reconsider doing an overhaul. Until that day decides to arrive, This is where I stand, and I am not budging. Some people love it, some people hate it. I'll make the decision for you all. :­)

No I do not want to talk about it. I want it gone. Nothing is going to sway my decision, btw.
Last edited by sambawarkiddo on Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

Still haven't changed my mind; want it gone, Not gonna change my mind, don't want to talk about it.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

Been a server update log; I still want it gone.

Feel free to message me, but my opinion is staying the same.
Last edited by sambawarkiddo on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
-[FF]- FireFly

Post by -[FF]- FireFly »

making a prophunt map, any things I should def have to make it good/better?

on a side note is the cap point giving health a plugin or do I need to code that myself?

and its the ph plugin that lets you become a prop right?
Ocheu

Post by Ocheu »

-[FF]- FireFly wrote:making a prophunt map, any things I should def have to make it good/better?

on a side note is the cap point giving health a plugin or do I need to code that myself?

Make sure it's not too big (like cyberpunk) and not too small (like dust) , have height variation to make it more enjoyable to run as a prop, but most importantly make sure it's a map you would enjoy playing in and you can always make changes depending on what the community thinks :D

You can use this guide for a little better understanding https://www.gamingmasters.org/threads/h ... -map.2498/
Last edited by Ocheu on Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image - Person_Unknown 2015

Stuff about samba and him gettin wreckd:
Spoiler

Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

Ocheu wrote:
-[FF]- FireFly wrote:making a prophunt map, any things I should def have to make it good/better?

Make sure it's not too big (like cyberpunk) and not too small (like dust) , have height variation to make it more enjoyable to run as a prop, but most importantly make sure it's a map you would enjoy playing in and you can always make changes depending on what the community thinks :D

You can use this guide for a little better understanding https://www.gamingmasters.org/threads/h ... -map.2498/
^this

Also, try to make it so it offers both cover and open space, dont clutter it with props. Also when it comes to the propmenu, id recommend leaving out atleast the haypile, it can be very obnoxious when in certain maps / in the hands of certain people for that its nearly completely invisible from below.
Last edited by Abraham on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Bench

Post by Bench »

I would suggest checking out the following maps:
ph_lumberyard_a2
ph_grassland_a1_fixed
ph_hilltop_a2_fixed
ph_kakariko_b1
ph_oasis_a1
ph_manor_event_a1
ph_manorgrounds_a3_fixed
ph_mountain_a2
ph_northural_a2
ph_spookyharvest_a3_fixed
ph_switcheroo_a4

I personally consider these maps to have great layouts and well prop placement. They also take advantage of height by allowing props to go on various tall cliffs, ledges, and building roofs. There are always players that choose to run when they are found or if they don't have a spot, so try testing the map with sv_gravity 500 and just running around, seeing if it feels fluent. I also think it would be cool if you asked some players to test the map, since it can become easier to find bugs or glitches with multiple people. Most of these maps are great for many players to play on and usually are played more than three times per day.

I hope the map making process goes well for you
Last edited by Bench on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam
Tickle: Hello, I'm tickle, & I'm a pedophile
Bench: (immediately & excited) I'm underage
Yang Xaio Long
Veteran

Post by Yang Xaio Long »

I dont know if anyone is still interested in the dev of "ph_control" but I have been working on a fix as of late (since I learned that the CP was bugged)
If the "maze" aspect of the map doesnt please then I can just easily remove it and replace it with more props.
Screenshot of Floor 1 main room: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =949129897 As this is a "test" I am not expecting this to stay in the final cut. Pyros, soldiers and demomen could get on the walls (If it isnt liked then I wont be sad to remove it, just like the vents)
EDIT forgot to mention: The lighter glass IS BREAKABLE making access to a few healthkits and ammokits and a few more routes through the maze. Again if the maze is removed I'll have to edit the healthpacks on the first floor
Take note that the lighting is more aligned as to previously it was very manically dotted around the place.
Will edit later with link to dl for people to test.

EDIT (26/6/17): hi, sorry I haven't updated this but I've been having problems with the lighting on ph_control so I have been trying to fix that, will edit again later on once I have treated and compiled it.

EDIT (27/6/17): (I know there are some lighting issues on walls just deal with it) I have managed to stabilize the lighting and ph_control is ready for another "Evaluation" Any problems/ideas let me know.
Last edited by Yang Xaio Long on Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
Edit 23/11/21: What d'ya want? If you're here from 2021 and beyond and you want to find me, you can find me at → speedrun.com/user/Mr.Blonde ←

One Vision, One Purpose! The Technology of Peace. Peace Through Power

Powerlord

Post by Powerlord »

Since these were never answered...

As long as you make it like a normal control point (prop_dynamic with the "models/props_gameplay/cap_point_base.mdl" model), it giving health should be automatic.
-[FF]- FireFly wrote:and its the ph plugin that lets you become a prop right?
Yes, RED players are always turned into props. Having said that, Prop Hunt maps do require a configuration file to tell Prop Hunt various things about it. The first post in this thread talks about what those are.
Last edited by Powerlord on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
PembrokeWelshCorgi
Veteran

Post by PembrokeWelshCorgi »

A friend of mine who previously played prop hunt on another server suggested we add Pipeline to the server. I don't remember it, nor do I know if we've ever had it on our server.

Has it previously been on our server, and if so, why was it removed? If not, could we look into adding it?

Also, why is it that the shotgun is still nerfed to two rounds while skinned shotguns aren't? If individual skinned shotguns can't be fixed, can we at least change the default shotgun to 6 rounds and reduce the damage? I hear complaints from people that don't like to use the flare gun, and a lot of players like to run away, making it hard for shotgun users to do any damage at all (especially when they change to smaller prop).
Last edited by PembrokeWelshCorgi on Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
In the not too distant future, next Sunday A.D....