Global admin application

Faiithe
Veteran

Global admin application

Post by Faiithe »

In-Game name(s): Faiithe

SteamID + Steam Profile URL: STEAM_0:0:19899321 http://steamcommunity.com/id/faiitheless/

I am applying for the Global Admin position.

I would make a good Global Admin because: I was a Freak Fortress and Slender server admin before (back in the day when I was a child and had no actual responsibility in life) and for a long time, I made sure people followed the rules and that everyone had fun whenever they were online, no matter what. I've known this community (maybe not the most recent, but mostly the older community) for a long time and have gotten to know a lot of good people. As someone who has had history in this place, I believe I would be a good addition to the global admins because I already know how to keep up with people and how different servers should be handled. I can easily assist players and even other admins on rough situations in different servers as I am online on steam a lot. My top priority is to always make sure people play fair and don't break any rules. I never play favorite so no one ever gets away with being a bad player.

Other things I should mention are: I'm going to be brutally honest in this corner, so you maaaay not like it but I hope you understand. I'm applying for Global admin MAINLY to get back on freak fortress without the hassle of making sure I had more than 40 hours a week. I've gotten back to playing and noticed that there are a lot of times, during when I play, the servers aren't being manned and players are breaking the rules willy nilly and I have reported them mostly to Fire directly because he is the easiest to get to. But most of the time, there's no one I can really report it unless I end up friending a bunch of admins that might not even be online. I did think of re-applying back on just the freak servers itself but since I have a full time job with a lot of random overtimes (I work for a tv show), I don't always get my hours tippy top. I am always online on steam however and I can always check on all the servers if need be, that's why I believe I think I can man stations when others can't.

So that's my application. Ball's on your court. Whatever is the decision, I'll go with it. Cheers

Responses:
Visprii, we both had an issue with each other. You've changed now, but back then you did things that you should not have been doing which made me talk to you less than some, but nevertheless I don't think I ignored you. The "tiny dick" reason was trying to ban the same guy that was able to bypass it and coming back and trying to impersonate other admins then. I'm not sorry for those bans and those reasons because he constantly did it several times for hours and aggravated me and a lot of other players until I think Fire stepped up and banned his IP (as far as I can remember, it was a long time ago). I have 0 tolerance for anyone who decides to be mouthy and disrespectful and think they can get away with breaking the rules and the reason you probably think that I have more respect towards my friends are because they are all adults and know how to abide by the rules.

I'm nice when I need to be and I'm respectful to players who deserve it. I give people chances and if they choose to ignore me, then I have to do something so they stop breaking the rules.

Many I appreciate your feedback. Yes I will admit I was more hard than the younger kids than the older people in the server (but there are a rare few exceptions when the older people turn out to be more immature than the younger kids...), mostly cause they never listen in the first few times I've tried talking to them. This resulted to me being a lot more stricter when enforcing the rules to them until they listened. And some, if not most, never learned and continued to disrespected me (I won't name names, but if you remember the old regulars, you'll know who I'm talking about). And also, I'm just not a great big fan in adding just anyone, and if it was because they wanted to secretly talk to me, they could have just as easily private messaged me here where I was always active before. And a few people did do just that. I don't remember rejecting you as a friend, and frankly I don't know the reason why. You seem to be okay now so I apologize if I did ignore your request.
[/quote]
Last edited by Faiithe on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
FawfulRoach
Veteran

Re: Glabal admin application

Post by FawfulRoach »

I never knew Faiithe as well as some others may have, but whenever I'm on with her, she seems pretty chill and respected. I think she would do fine as a global. Good luck, Faiithe!
White Sedan
Veteran

Re: Global admin application

Post by White Sedan »

Yes pls. We need someone like Faiithe to get freak fortress back in line.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

I've been seeing Faiithe around lately, and I would love to have her back. She was a good admin in the past, and we're a bit low of admin on Freak Fortress, even though you're applying for Global, you'll prolly help the Freak community a lot by getting this.
LewandaSillyFeathers
Server Admin

Post by LewandaSillyFeathers »

I don't know you personally but I have heard a lot of good things about you. You can feel free to add me if you want to send reports to me if I am online (or so I can get to know you better) :)

Why would you ever accept fear when you have the power to refuse it?
SkyBlue: He didn't lick it good enough.
Onion: is it cause of my race?
Visprii
Veteran

Post by Visprii »

In my opinion, although you have admin experience you weren't a very good admin. You had personal issues with some players, such as younger kids who come on the server that you find annoying and you were quite rude to people when you were an admin for Freak Fortress. Your ban lengths were out of proportion and some reasoning's for them are even worse with things like "Disrespectful little git", "Watch your mouth", and "You have a tiny dick" it really seems to me like you have 0 respect towards anyone besides your friends. I myself tried to be friendly towards you a few months before you resigned as an admin and you ignored me. Some people even left the Freak Fortress community because of how strict you were and with our server population slowly diminishing, I really don't want to see another admin not letting regulars enjoy themselves to the point where they leave and never return.

You even said yourself that you report most issues to Fire because he's the easiest to get to but you didn't even state anything about our !report system that we've had for well over a year now which makes me think you still aren't up-to-date with our community.

Once I see you definitely start being nicer to players, reporting more, enforcing the rules, and remaining active I have no problem with you coming back. I would also recommend adding me so I can monitor your activity better.
--------------
SMURFASAURUS wrote: Alberta? You're proud of living in a province that's named after a 40 year old Mexican Housekeeper?
many_swords
Veteran

Post by many_swords »

I easily would have given you a referral on a normal TF2 application. your were one of the original admins when I was new to the server and even if we didn't become friends I enjoyed playing with you. You typically made the server fun and dealt with plenty of rule breakers that would have otherwise killed the population..

The servers have changed and with them the rules and ways we deal with them, that is one of the two causes for concern that I can see. In Your time we were a lot more strict with rule breaking and did not have guidelines to follow like we do now. I can also say that as a result of the regulations to admins we have actually lost regulars who were frustrated from the lack of response to some issues and we still lose people who think the rules and punishments are still to strict from time to time. This has always been a thing and will always be.

The other cause of concern I've seen is about your behavior to others on the server and to the younger players in the server. I'll openly start with this, You have been showing up more in the server and frankly when I see you interact with others, You have been kind to players and firm to rule breakers. Your issues with younger players simply boil down to the way some don't like to act mature on the server and don't listen when kindly asked to stop. We all have dealt with them, and have all grown annoyed at some point. As for before and the ill relationships to some old regulars on the server, You have never seemed like kind of person that just openly accepts people as a friend. I know that a lot of people who have issues with you tried to add you at one point or another, and I know that feelings and opinions of some have changed as a result. I have even attempted to add you at one point. Players who you refused started to dislike you have stopped playing because of it, But this happens with every admin from time to time. the truth of the matter is that something will always change that will upset players enough to quit playing regardless of who and why.

All and all I enjoyed having you around, even if we never connected as friends. you were one of the original team of admins when I joined that made me want to play on disc and honestly I couldn't say with confidence that things would have been the same had I joined in the time after I initially resigned. In the end I would prefer giving you a chance to prove yourself to those who don't know you.

I apologize for any rambling or grammar errors in this post.

Edited for cleanup.
Last edited by many_swords on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to message me on the community discord if you have any questions.
Drewski
Veteran

Post by Drewski »

Faiithe,

While i don’t believe we’ve ever talked personally, it’s nice to see someone come back form back form the time we joined.

However I just agree with many_swords. while I was just getting to know fire friendly and it’s servers and before I become a admin for DR (2014) I’ve heard many no so great things about you. The biggest of them were your punishments. Whenever I wasn’t on DR I remember playing on the FF servers and hearing the other regulars talk bad about you due to your attitude and extensive punishments. Now it’s okay to joke around with players, I do sometimes and they know I’m just playing. However you’ve seemed to go overboard at times.

I’m sure since it’s been a long time you’ve been with us you’ve matured a lot so I’m going to give you this advice: Don’t apply for global but apply for adminship for the freak fortress servers.

Thank you. (Sorry for Grammer I’m typing this on my phone)
Add me on steam! Click the globe icon to go to my profile!
PC Specs
Benstartri
Veteran

Post by Benstartri »

Yes.

Faiithe was an admin when I started playing on the servers and she did her job really well. She's definitely more strict than some other admins, but with servers like Freak Fortress she is a perfect person to "keep the peace" in a sense. I believe that she would be a perfect addition based on my time playing with her when she was an admin and just playing with her in general.

I thought I'd say my thoughts on this, good luck to you Faiithe.
Profile picture made by Faiithe.

Darkone2e
Veteran

Post by Darkone2e »

OK I am not sure if I am supposed to make any comment here, but here it goes. I would LOVE to see Faiithe as a global. so yes, yes, yes. I simply Adore her and the way she does things clean orderly and honest is how she always kept the servers. As for her detractors, Yeh don't speak to me for awhile..