Jasmine
Veteran

[Global admin app] Jasmine

Post by Jasmine »

In-Game name(s): Jasmine

SteamID + Steam Profile URL:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/novajasmine/
STEAM_0:0:108469335

I am applying for the Global Admin position.

I would make a good Global Admin because:
I have the experience from a lot of the servers, I am fair and levelheaded and I think I handled myself pretty good as an admin back in the days.
I'm a calm person with a lot of patience but at the same time I don't let anyone step on me or bend the rules.
Overall I was a pretty welcomed player on our servers and a lot of people still recognizes me and a lot of people still listens to me even long after retiring as "normal" admin.

Other things I should mention are:

I've been with disc-ff for three years, two as an admin.
I think I've done my fair part of trying to develop the servers, bringing people and bringing peace.
I've always had a way of dealing with people in a calm and assertive manner and people have respected me.
I was a really big part of the comunity and I honestly miss it a lot.
I can truthfully say that I don't have the time to become a regular admin with 32h/2 weeks. But I do have some spare time and I would have loved to spend it on the disc servers.
BUT I find it so extremely frustrating considering my timezone, whenever I am on there's the usual problem of no European admins and the servers fills with trolls, spammers and rulebreakers.
And it is extremely frustrating for me not to be able to d anything about it when I was an admin for such a long time.

So I feel that if I was global it would allow me to enjoy our servers as well as contributing to dealing with rulebreakers on odd times.
Aswell as that I have experience from a lot of our different servers and have a general idea of how they all work.

Thanks for the consideration.
I miss you all and I hope you are all good!
Last edited by Jasmine on Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Much love
Jasmine
Kari
Veteran

Re: [Global admin app] Jasmine

Post by Kari »

Jasmine without a doubt was an amazing admin. I remember when she resigned I cried a little... I was sad about it ; n ; Anyways, I think Jasmine is very deserving of global admin. She's fair, kind, uses mic and enforces rules. Her dedication to this community is just above and beyond <3
Image Image
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

Jas is the reason I even had a shot at becoming an admin due to a lengthy history on Prophunt. She was an incredible and outstanding admin. If there was one person other than Fire or Spicy that had my utmost respect, it was Jasmine. I would love to see her back and about this community once again.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Serena
Veteran

Post by Serena »

Jasmine, I think you were a wonderful admin and you were respected by many other admins and regulars. However, I personally think that it seems you don't have enough time to even come onto steam, nevertheless be able to be global admin and help out with all of the servers. It just seemed that you were moving on to a lot of things with work and all else you do when you resigned. I'm just worried about your ability to be available at all.
King Demomidas
Veteran

Post by King Demomidas »

I am siding with Serena on this one. While I have heard quite a bit about Jasmines ability as an admin, which indeed was above and beyond, there are hours to consider. And also on a personal note, I am going to put it out there that I feel Jasmine, while talented, has a little too high expectations of admins as to what they are supposed to do. I've seen many a dispute forum post in the past by Jasmine which as resulted in quite a few admins outright losing adminship, and I don't personally want to see that kind of admin vs admin behavior in all servers as it may lead to the same toxicity that many of us were concerned about with this new position. If the server she admined in had higher standards that's fully understandable, but every server is different.

I hope you all dont see me as stirring the pot, its just a legitimate concern I have based on my care for the community.
Last edited by King Demomidas on Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
¸ .•♛•.¸¸.•♛•All That Glitters Is Gold•♛•.¸¸.•♛•.¸

Benstartri
Veteran

Post by Benstartri »

Jasmine, you were an amazing admin in the past, and an amazing friend. I wouldn't have stayed and tried prophunt, wouldn't have been an admin on dodgeball, and wouldn't have know so many people like I do now. But will you be able to come back with everything in your life stopping you? I hope the answer is yes... I'm sure i'll see you on the servers sometime
Profile picture made by Faiithe.

Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

You make everything so much more fun. I personally don't like PropHunt. The reason as for that is simply because I am about to scream when someone finds me, yet visionise yourself how that works out when I need to run from someone + hide once again. The thing is.. The times I've played it, it was just nice to hang out with you. What I am trying to say is that you partionally there for the server, but hugely because you are there. You put a huge amount of personal interest in every individual you see and you are friendly to everyone. Even the people who just joined the first time. You make every experience in any kind of server so much more fun, it's incredible what kind of influence you've had on plenty of different admins and players.

Thank you. You are wonderful, Jasmine. Keep your work up! <3
shiro

Post by shiro »

I believe she would make an amazing global admin, she is well known on almost every single server, she properly inforces the rules does not treat people differently, has the right amount of patience, does not let her personal feelings cloud her judgement in game, knows what punishments to give for what scenario doesn't just outright throw out whatever she feels like, her hours have improved as of late on multiple servers, she has an amazing personality, she already put her heart and soul into this community, she deserves it for everything she has done for us,
Last edited by shiro on Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Harmless
Veteran

Post by Harmless »

Absolutely! Jasmine would make a wonderful global admin. Afaik, I haven't really seen her all too upset on the server time (though granted I have more VSH hours than Prophunt/Dodgeball hours). She's also a very understanding person and has withstood me venting my problems sometimes. Given how flexible she can be with all kinds of situations, I would be very happy to see her as a global admin.
---------
when I think of harmless I imagine urethral splintering :)
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

Accepted.
ImageImage