New & Updated FF2 Guide (WIP)

How would you rate my hardwork and dedication to this guide?

You're doing good! Keep it up!
14%
You freaking suck. get out of here.
86%

Total votes: 7

RevolverOceloto

New & Updated FF2 Guide (WIP)

Post by RevolverOceloto »

Yo what's up. I'm seth and i was an active regular on the FF Section of DISC-FF. i reached #50 and beyond but now that's just a memory. In my time as being a top 50 player. i learned and taught myself a few tactics and im here to share em with you. If you're a new player to the FF Section and need some tips to start off. this thread is for you. If you're an elder/veteran of DISC-FF. then you can stay and maybe learn a few tricks. The + Will mean Pros. The - Will mean Cons. This guide will be very. very long and it is expected to be finished by early-middle december. so i'll try to keep continuing it as much as possible. i'll really appericate positive feedback for this. thanks and have a good day!

Chapter 1: Classes

The scout
The scout. the very fast boston man or just scunt is a really flexable and mobile class in FF And can be a pain in a hale's rear if not taken care of properly.

Health: 125 (185 if overhealed quick fix overheal 158. 110 normal health with sandman. 165 overhealed. quick fix overheal 139)

Speed: 133 HU/s (Depends when equipping diffirent weapons)

The good/popular shelf of weapons.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The force of nature.

On hit: applies a knockback effect that propels enemies backwards and the user in the opposite direction (if airborne). This allows the user to perform a Force Jump and to horizontally prolong any other jumping technique.
Base: 65
Crit: 194

[5.4 damage × 12 pellets]

My notes: a Great weapon for survivablity and mobility. but not the best choice when it comes to speed/dps

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The shortstop

Has 42% faster firing speed.
+ Deals 100% more damage per pellet.
+Has a clip-based reload.
+Alt-Fire: does a shove that pushes enemies.
-Has 60% fewer pellets per shot.
-Has a 33% smaller clip size.
-20% increase in push force taken from damage and airblast while deployed.

Base: 48
Crit: 144

[12 damage × 4 pellets]

My notes: This weapon is a beast at medium-range engagement. a great choice for DPS Output. and has a unique survival ability. but lacking ammo in clip and pellets per shot.

Sodapopper

NOTE: A hype meter is placed on the HUD when the Soda Popper is equipped. On hit with the Soda Popper out will build up 'hype'; other weapons out will not build hype. After dealing 480 of damage, the player can activate Hype mode for 8 seconds, allowing for 5 additional air jumps.

+Has 25% faster reload speed.
+Has 50% faster firing speed.
-Has a 66% smaller clip size.
-If one shot is unused before reloading, it is lost.

Base: 60
Crit: 180

[6 damage × 10 pellets]

My notes: a Great weapon for when it comes to survival and mobility. grants you extra jumps to get away from hales or just cross terrain.

Baby face's blaster

NOTE:Equipping the Baby Face's Blaster will slow the Scout down from 133% of normal speed to 120% of normal speed. A boost meter is placed on the HUD when the Baby Face's Blaster is equipped. Dealing damage, regardless of weapon used while equipping the Baby Face's Blaster, builds up the boost meter, increasing the Scout's speed to 173% of normal speed. The boost meter maxes at 100 points of damage dealt.

-34% clip size.
- 10% slower movement speed on wearer.
-Boost reduced on air jumps.
-Boost reduced when hit.

Base DPS: 60

[6 damage × 10 pellets]

My notes: The ultimate fast & furious weapon. this'll make you go fast and harder to hit and catch up to. but if you aim well enough. you can go fast enough.
Bonk! Atomic Punch
When used, the player is immune to all damage but is unable to attack. Knockback still affects the player.
After the effect wears off, the user will get slowdown effect based on damage absorbed, scale from 25% at low damage to 50% at 200+ damage.
The effect lasts 8 seconds and then has to recharge for about 24 seconds in order to be used again.

My notes: This drink is excellent for getaways if you're corned or just decide to run. but if you're hit. start praying the hale doesnt catch you.
Crit-o-cola
While under effect:
+All damage dealt is Mini-Crits.
-Making any attack while under the effect causes a 5 second Marked-For-Death debuff until the effect wears off.
The effect lasts 8 seconds and then has to recharge for about 24 seconds in order to be used again.

My notes: This bad boy will grant you mini-crits and more DPS if you drink it. but you'll be marked for death after-use making you 1 Hit-KO

Mad Milk & Mutated MIlk

Any damage (except afterburn) done to enemies covered in milk restores 60% of the damage to the attacking player's health.
+Extinguishes fire on wielder and allied players.
-Has a 24 second recharge time.
+20% decrease in recharge time when you extinguish an allied player.

My notes: These two are really. really good if you're a team-player. if you hit a boss with these. any teammate can recover health by just shooting the hale. and if you wanna put a fire out. use these.

Pistol & Reskins

Base: 15
Crit: 45

[6 rounds / sec.]

Ammo loaded: 12
Ammo carried: 36

My notes: If you wanna damage the hale from afar. then these babies are for you.
The Winger:

Base: 17
Crit: 52

[5 rounds / sec.]

Ammo loaded: 5

+Deals 15% more damage.
-Jump height increased by 25% when active.
-Has a 60% smaller clip size.

My notes: This pistol is really popular amongst the masses for it's DPS Output. increased height given and maybe appearance. but smaller clip size.
Pretty boy's pocket pistol

[4.7 rounds / sec.]

Ammo loaded: 9 rounds

When weapon is active:
+On Hit: Gain up to +3 health.
-15% faster firing speed.
-Has a 25% smaller clip size.

My notes: Want more health?. use dis.
Default Melee + Reskins

Base: 35
Crit: 105

My notes: Most of your melee's are the same. if you want to. use em.

Sandman:

(With the melee itself)
Base: 35
Crit: 105

(The ball of the sandman)

Alt Fire: Launches a baseball that slows the enemy between 1–8 seconds, depending on distance. The baseball will recharge over 10 seconds, can be picked up from the ground after launch, or can be replenished from a resupply cabinet.
-Lowers maximum health by 15 points.

My notes: Wanna stun the hale from afar?. Use this. but you'll get less health and make you an auto 1 hit-ko

The fan-o-war

Base: 9
Crit: 26

On hit: one target at a time is marked for death, causing all damage taken to be mini-crits for 15 seconds.
Crits whenever it would normally mini-crit.
-Deals 75% less damage.

My notes: If you want to support your team and grant them extra DPS. This weapon is your best choice. but not when it comes to DPS.
The atomizer:

Base: 30
Crit: 90

+Grants the ability to triple jump while weapon is deployed.
+Melee attacks mini-crit while airborne.
-Deals 15% less damage against players.
-The weapon deploys 50% slower.

My notes: Great weapon for mobility. not for DPS. And every triple jump will cost you HP. keep in mind.
The Wrap-assassin

(The wrap-assassin itself)
Base: 12
Crit: 37

(It's Bauble)

Alt-Fire: Launches a festive ornament that shatters causing bleeding on direct hit and explodes hurting everyone close to the explosion. The Bauble will recharge over 7.5 seconds or can be replenished from a resupply cabinet.
+25% increase in ball recharge rate.
-Deals 65% less damage.

My notes: The sandman's festive cousin. this time it'll make the hale bleed on a sucessful hit. but if you try to hit the hale with the wrap-assassin itself. Dont expect alot of DPS.

-=The Bad weapon chapter=-

Three rune-blade

Boston Basher

Candy Cane

Back-scatter

Sun On a stick

My notes: dont touch any of em. just dont.
The Soldier:
Ah yes. the Proud American himself. Rocket-jumping man and true patriot. Slow but if you master his rocket jump. you'll be across from point a to point B In no time.

Health: 200 (Normal Overheal will take that up to 300. same as a heavy But a quickfix will take it to 251. If you equip the battalion's backup. your health will become 220. Normal overheal will make it 330 but a quickfix will make it 276)

Speed: 80% Normally. 72 Backwards. 27 Crouched. 64 swimming.

Charging the Cow Mangler 5000
27% Normal
27% Backwards
9% Crouching
21% Swimming

Wielding the Escape Plan over 160 Health
80%Normal
72%Backwards
27%Crouching
64%Swimming

Wielding the Escape Plan between 160 and 121 Health
88%Normal
79%Backwards
29%Crouching
70%Swimming

Wielding the Escape Plan between 120 and 81 Health
96%Normal
86%Backwards
32%Crouching
77%Swimming

Wielding the Escape Plan between 80 and 41 Health
112% Normal
101% Backwards
37% Crouching
90% Swimming

Wielding the Escape Plan below 41 Health
128% Normal
115% Backwards
43% Crouching
102% Swimming

His Good/Popular weapons amongst the FF Community:

The rocket launcher & Original

Base: 90
Crit: 270

Ammo loaded: 4 (Same goes for the direct hit)
Ammo carried: 20 (The same goes for the direct hit and black box)

My notes: The default brothers. your choice if no other weapon impresses you.

The Direct Hit

Base: 112
Crit: 338

It's ammo: Look at the rocket launcher and original part

+Has 80% faster rocket speed.
+Deals 25% more damage.
+Guarantees mini-crits damage on opponents sent airborne by an explosion, grapple hook, or enemy attack.
-Has 70% smaller splash damage radius.

My notes: This weapon is your best choice when it comes to DPS. But if you aim well enough. you'll dish out the pain. splash damage wont help you alot too.
The blackbox:

Ammo loaded: 3

Ammo carried: Check the Rocket launcher part

+On hit: restores up to 20 health points.

My notes: Great weapon for gaining health back. but lacks clip ammo.

The rocket jumper:

Ammo loaded: 4
Ammo carried: 60
(Hope im not mistaking with the ammo)

My notes: Surprisngly this weapon acutally deals damage on this community. but im not sure bout it's dmg so i'll leave it blank.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The liberty launcher

Base: 68
Crit: 203

Ammo loaded: 5
Ammo carried: 20

+25% clip size.
+Has 40% faster rocket speed.
-25% blast damage from rocket jumps.
-25% damage penalty.

My notes: Despite it's cons. this weapon is great for rocket jumping. reduced DMG. More ammo in the clip and faster rocket speed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cow mangler 5000

Ammo loaded: 4

Ammo carried: Infinity

Regular Shot DPS Base:90

Charged Shot DPS Base:122

My notes: Hey you. yeah you. want a Rocket launcher that has infinite ammo Want a rocket launcher that has a unique M2 Ability? well this weapon is for you.
Beggar's bazooka:

Ammo that can be loaded: 3

Ammo carried: 20 (Same goes for airstrike)

Hold Fire to load up to three rockets.
Release Fire to unleash the barrage at 70% increased fire rate.
+3 degrees random projectile deviation.
Overloading the chamber will cause a misfire.
Cannot collect ammo from dispensers while active.
-20% less explosion radius.

My notes: I Dont have too much of an opinion of this weapon. all you gotta do is hold down m1 for three rockets then fire. but the rockets will go in diffirent directions. if you hold down m1 for more than 3 rockets. you'll get damaged. you cant get ammo from dispensers while holding it out. and less of an explosive radius. so aim for the hale and be close to them.

The airstrike:

Ammo loaded: 3-8 (Depending)
Ammo carried: 20

Base: 76
Crit: 230

15% damage from rocket jumps.
Increased attack speed while blast jumping.
Clip size increased on kill (up to +4).
-15% damage penalty.
-10% explosion radius.
-20% explosion radius while blast jumping.

My notes: This weapon. as it's called. Is a literal airstrike. if you combine this with a B.A.S.E Jumper. then congratulations. you're an attack helicopter now.
The shotgun

Base: 60

[6 damage × 10 pellets]

Ammo loaded: 6
Ammo carried: 32

My notes: The shotgun. is a great weapon for CQC Situations and it dishes out Reliable DPS. but it's only great for CQC. It's your choice if you dont know with what to go with when it comes to other weapons. or you're just a new tf2 newbie
The Buff Banner

Charges a rage meter with damage dealt — takes 600 damage to fully charge rage meter.
+At 100% charge, using it grants player and nearby teammates 10 seconds of guaranteed Mini-Crits.
Last edited by RevolverOceloto on Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Faiithe
Veteran

Re: New & Updated FF2 Guide (WIP)

Post by Faiithe »

These are literally stolen from wiki. The only difference is you added your own little "opinions" at the end of each weapon.
Zethy
Veteran

Post by Zethy »

Like Faiithe said, this is just info from the Wiki, there is no info about the changes in FF2.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

The "my notes" section lack any experience behind them. Sometimes they even say what was already described before...
+On hit: restores up to 20 health points.

My notes: Great weapon for gaining health back. but lacks clip ammo.
RevolverOceloto

Okay. OKAY. OKAY Fine. i'll put more time into this thread. i'll add some real tips from me. if that doesnt work jstu lock this thread and i wont bother anymore ._.
Faiithe
Veteran

Post by Faiithe »

Don't really understand why you started the thread in the first place without first thinking it through and thinking you can get away with just copy pasting what's already in the wiki, not to mention it's not even done.
RevolverOceloto

Acutally you know what. just /lock this thread. im not gonna bother. thanks have a good day godspeed.