How to loose weight [Gym/Spinning/Running]

Crazy

How to loose weight [Gym/Spinning/Running]

Post by Crazy »

Hey you, yes you! Tired of having a few extra pounds? Well this guide will help you lead you to your desired goal!

Step 1

Know some important facts.
- About 3500 Calories per pound of fat.
- Carbohydrates, protein, fat, and alcohol have 4, 4, 9, and 7 calories per gram respectively.
- Working out is not the key. Nutrition plays a major part in it.
- To loose weight, you eat less than 3500 calories.
- Intensity is key to the process.
- Muscle weighs more than fat, but it is better.

Most common mistakes
- Machines are never exact on calorie loss.
- Doing too much too soon.
- Not asking a trainer/professional.
- Not progressing/changing workout
- Lack of intensity.

Nutrition
- Fiber helps restore sore muscles.
- Protein help build muscle.
- Not all fats are bad, Monounsaturated fat and Polyunsaturated fat are good ones.
- Don't starve yourself, just cut down on portions.

First Steps

Working out is not the main key to go through. There are many factors that are required in this process such as Nutrition. People commit lots of mistakes that discourages them and they go back to their fat gaining life.

Finding a gym.

There are lots of gyms all over the place. Sometimes gyms can be too expensive, or have bad/old equipment. SnapFitness is a great gym to start with. They offer a 30 day trial for you to test out their gyms. They have fairly new or completely new equipment. Your gym is your choice.

Finding the right gear.

Gym clothes can help reduce many uncomfortable situations so you can focus mainly on your goal. While there are many choices people use to workout, here are some I have used.

Nike Dri-Fit Compression Shirts(Regular T-Shirts work aswell) - They hug all your parts in your upper chest for a tight feeling. Their Dri-Fit technology helps absorb the sweat and keep you dry. In winter times, it helps you stay warm.

Nike Pro Combat/Under Armour Heatgear Compression Shorts - They are a tight pair of boxers that hug all your parts to keep them in place while you workout. They are really comfortable and feel like their not their. Nike's Dri-Fit is good at keeping out the sweat and keeping you dry.

Adidas/Nike/Under Armour running shorts. Adidas Clima cool shorts are thin and have a mesh that allows air to travel in to dry off sweat. Nike's Dri-Fit fly keeps out the sweat and are really light and thin.

Nike Elite Dri-Fit Socks - These are the best when it comes to putting pressure on your legs. They have cushioning on the bottom for a smooth run or land. Their dri-fit keeps the sweat away.

Nike LunarGlide +4 - These are really thin shoes with support on the bottom for a better spring jump when you're running. The thin mesh help air easily enter.

Finding Your Target

Self explanatory, find what current weight your are at, and set yourself a goal to reach it by. Just be aware if you loose too much weight too quickly, you will have excess skin. Excess skin is left over skin that not shrunk down to your current weight.

Step 2

Find your workout.

There are many sorts of workouts you can do. From weight lifting to running, all these will help you.

Workouts to loose weight

- Spinning: Spinning is a bicycle that stays in place, but you have 3 intensity levels. When you first start peddling, you are at intensity level #1, also know as no resistance. Level 1 is most common for taking a rest break or doing jumps. Jumps is where you peddle faster and stand up from the seat while still peddling and stay in place off the seat for 10-30 seconds. Level 2 is casual riding, also known as medium resistance. Most people stay at this level for the most part of the workout. When you start, you turn the knob into medium resistance and rise from the site and don't ho back down unless your doing jumps or taking a break. Level 3 is Hard resistance. This is the highest intensity level. You only do this for no longer than 6 minutes. It is the same as level 2, but you are on hard resistance.

Spinning with music - This is great way to exercise. When the song is going smooth, stay on second level on the handle bar. When the beat drops or gets intense, go to level 3 on the handle bar only. Do not raise resistance.

Recommended Time: 1 Hour

Bike Handle Diagram For Level.
Spoiler
Running: Running is a great way to get to that intensity level. You should create a playlist that has intense songs and one occasional calm song that you can cool down at. Start running at a fast walk pace, then get faster and faster and then idle at the pace that is jogging, and when you reach the cool down song, slowdown and take a small break

Recommended Time: 30-45 Minutes

Step 3

Nutrition: Eating healthy is always a key to loosing weight. Just don't starve yourself to the point were you can really hurt yourself. Before workouts, eat a small energizing snack like Water and an energy bar or a banana. After the workout, drink lots of water. When you are not working out, eat small snacks like an apple or something to give you energy. Don't worry, you don't have to cut out soda or your favorite junk food forever, just eat it once and a while. Don't eat big portions of junk food.

Helpful tips
- Don't workout everyday, this can hurt your muscles. Workout every other day (Ex: Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
- Workout with a friend!
- Talk to your gym instructor.
- Read ways to help loose weight.

Have fun with your workout!!

- Crazy
Last edited by Crazy on Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:39 am, edited 13 times in total.
IAmJim

Re: How to loose weight [Gym/Spinning/Running]

Post by IAmJim »

All you need to lose weight is cardio + proper diet. Can be done out of the home.
Last edited by IAmJim on Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Post by SpicyCandy »

nice guide, but 3 hours of water polo every other day works for me
Last edited by SpicyCandy on Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hipster_Trip

Post by Hipster_Trip »

I play football and rugby so fuck all that.
Last edited by Hipster_Trip on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Breezier

Post by Breezier »

I fap, it helps me loose weight. Nice guide.
Last edited by Breezier on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
amishbull wrote:I like basements.
Nallout

Post by Nallout »

Breezier wrote:I fap, it helps me loose weight. Nice guide.
Agree
Last edited by Nallout on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Danksta wrote:Rude ass mother fucker fuck you
EngiDesu wrote:She doesn't care about that. As long she's sucking Phantom and Spicy's dick, she can make threads mocking jews and autism.
DutchKitty
Veteran

Post by DutchKitty »

yeah but you blow like 1/4 of what a regular person would becasue you fap to fucking cartoons
Last edited by DutchKitty on Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Breezier

Post by Breezier »

DutchKitty wrote:
yeah but you blow like 1/4 of what a regular person would becasue you fap to fucking cartoons
How do you know what I masturbate to. Do you watch me fap? Fucking sick fuck.
Last edited by Breezier on Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
amishbull wrote:I like basements.
Jackson hale

Post by Jackson hale »

thanks for the guide!
Last edited by Jackson hale on Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
saam

Post by saam »

liking the tips.
10/10 , legitamently works.

follow these tips and you'll look like meh.
Except probably better cause i'm only 5'11
Spoiler