Admins, Y U NO DO JOB!?

TechieGee
Veteran

Re: Admins, Y U NO DO JOB!?

Post by TechieGee »

soulharvester wrote:
Dionyx wrote:Yes i fully agree the admins will not do anything say against Teflon no offence but he mic spams and he knows that but for some reason nobody likes to mute him and make him promise to not yell so it insists it isn't the only reason i applied for admin but it is one of the main reasons
I mute teflon constantly whenever I'm on (Every time he starts yelling, then I'll generally unmute him 30 seconds later or right before the next round begins)
TechieGee wrote:Guess what happened today? Freekilling. Fire was on to catch some of it, but half an hour later it started up again.
That being said, I only want to make this question clear:
ADMINS, Y U NO DO JOB!?
"ADMINS NO ON SERVER, Y U NO RECORD!"

Jesus fucking christ we aren't robots that are on the server 24/7 to please you every second of the day, however I just got done with finals week and registering for winter quarter so I'll probably be on a bit more often, that or I could try my hand at making a decent map if anyone wants.
Recording to ban the freekillers three hours later will definitely help.
/sarcasm
90% of freekillers are those one-time "server lurkers", coming on only to freekill and leave forever. Not to mention that we all don't have super computers than can handle seamless recording.
Last edited by TechieGee on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
If you need any help, just shoot me an email!
techie.gee@gmail.com
Fatty
Veteran

Post by Fatty »

why not re amp admin, whomever isnt using admin to make server better take it away, make them feel like they need to actually work for it, and not like its just something to make them higher then others just by having it. An admin who earned it by showing he actually cares and tried hard for it is worth more then 20 admins who just got it

just sayin

~Fatty
Last edited by Fatty on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tf2Maniac

Post by Tf2Maniac »

Fatty. I can already tell you a person who doesent do there job as an admin. But no one says anything about it.

Kelly. Kelly does not use her admin at all. She i usually high. Or if there is anyone breaking rules. She leaves and goes to another server.

Let all the hate on me begin naow.
Last edited by Tf2Maniac on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
www.youtube.com/Tf2ManiacFTW
1000+ Subscribers!
Fatty
Veteran

Post by Fatty »

See tf2 i was speaking in a general sense, i didnt rly wanna point fingers AND DO NOT LET THE FINGER POINTING BEGIN! my post was in a general sense and for main admins to look into and silently take out the usless admins
Last edited by Fatty on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dionyx

Post by Dionyx »

Fatty wrote:See tf2 i was speaking in a general sense, i didnt rly wanna point fingers AND DO NOT LET THE FINGER POINTING BEGIN! my post was in a general sense and for main admins to look into and silently take out the usless admins

yes thats a good idea making them work for it but also it might ramp up the unuseful banning and the kicking for no reason sorta things to kepp there admins
Last edited by Dionyx on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
Scottish
Veteran

Post by Scottish »

I think there should be a roster set up by Fire, since admins by rule are suppose to be a 10 rating on steam and be active- simple checks to see who have been in the server recently are not that hard.

However I dont think its whether they are active or not- I feel that people just dont care.

Like I stated before- many times over steam I get complaints about having to come into the server about a freekiller and once I get there- theres already 3-4 admins present, either afk (Fire) or they are running around with their thumb up their ass while the freekillers go rampant until I have to do something about it or tell the other admin to do their fucking job.

Also - the need for some reform on certain rules and the motivation of being able to mute/kick/ or ban with harsher and much faster intent.

I'm sick of little kids spamming FREEKILLER!!!11!!!! everytime they are justified for a kill even when they rebel. I usually already deal with them by warning them about not spamming- they get mad and start insulting (usually) then a mute/kick ensues and a ban if they get that bad.

It seems to me that the other admins either get overwhelmed or are too afraid or lazy to want to deal with these ones from times that I've had to come in and intervene - people should be respecting the admins anyway- I understand we entitle free speech in our servers- however it often gets confused and abused with harassment.
Last edited by Scottish on Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:44 am, edited 4 times in total.

"Oh Death... No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul."
Fatty
Veteran

Post by Fatty »

Thats where my point comes into play, Admins who earned their adminhood (if thats a word) are usually people who are respected and known in the server, thus gives them an easier time in justly taking action, also 2 strike system should be in play, if an admin is present running around with his finger up his asshole then he/she gets a warning, not only from fire but say soul was called in, and an admin is there not doing anything, he gives admins a first warning to do their jobs, second warning they lose their admin. and you can post in admin forum who was given a warning

but yea, disc once had a guy applying for 1 year and 2 months, and hes with us till now, but i feel a more strict admin system will make for more loyal and trustworthy admins that actually do their job

~Fatty
Last edited by Fatty on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
soulharvester
Veteran

Post by soulharvester »

I tend to let things smaller issues slide if the rule broken didn't seem to be done intentionally, if it's a syntax issue (Such as them saying Crouch-walk) I'll usually tell them the rule and make sure they understand.

If people start bitching about something I think was borderline, such as when a CT who isn't warden kills someone in last reaction who should have died anyways, I'll usually give them a warning and clarify the rule.

If I know someone knows the rules and they intentionally broke it, I'll usually let them off with a slay, if they don't do it themselves.

I normally won't ban someone unless they intentionally break the rules multiple times in a row or unless I've given them multiple warnings over something. That or unless they cross the line with some other form of abusive context (Mic spamming, constantly calling people a faggot non-stop, ect.)
Last edited by soulharvester on Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Spens

Post by Spens »

1st- Which server are you guys reffering to?
2nd- You cannot just generalize you comment by saying that ALL admins don't do their jobs. Can you give an example? Who did not do their job?

Many times players would not be able to get any kills and they would accuse other players of hacking. But in most cases there are no hacks involved at all. Maybe the other player is better than you and you would just accuse them of hacking for no reason. And the admins who are supposedly not doing their jobs are actually aware that u just suck (lol) and u bit*h for no reason. Have you thought about that?

- Spens
Last edited by Spens on Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
TechieGee
Veteran

Post by TechieGee »

Spens wrote:1st- Which server are you guys reffering to?
2nd- You cannot just generalize you comment by saying that ALL admins don't do their jobs. Can you give an example? Who did not do their job?

Many times players would not be able to get any kills and they would accuse other players of hacking. But in most cases there are no hacks involved at all. Maybe the other player is better than you and you would just accuse them of hacking for no reason. And the admins who are supposedly not doing their jobs are actually aware that u just suck (lol) and u bit*h for no reason. Have you thought about that?

- Spens
First off, this issue has been resolved. Second off, what the heck are you going on about, me sucking at the game? What does this have to do with how good a player is?
Last edited by TechieGee on Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
If you need any help, just shoot me an email!
techie.gee@gmail.com