'Hidden' Rules on Jailbreak

Mitch
Server Admin

'Hidden' Rules on Jailbreak

Post by Mitch »

Now before everyone says "OHH MY GEWRD COMMON SCIENCE."
I would like to say if they aren't written down how would an admin go about enforcing them?
As Phantom has told me there are tons of them, in which he told me that if i have any questions about them i should ask him.
As pointed here: http://disc-ff.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1339 some people make up these rules.
I find an issue with this just because there are defiantly alot of trust issues, especially over the internet.
Some of these rules really do need to be written down, like especially the rules that affect regular commands, just so an admin could say "Read the Rules" and the rule would actually be there for the client to read, so it wouldn't waste a pointless argument over "that's not a rule!" issue.
This is kinda on the side of a Complaint and Suggestion, my complaint is that it's hard to learn these rules if you've never heard of them, or never seen them enforce.
By the way, i used to play Jailbreak alot, and that was when the only rule was no Freekilling, lol.
I also understand that rules are hard to upkeep, and too many will drive off clients, but i think we could do something like: Basic Rules, and Advanced Rules.
Basic rules would be like the "Okay here's how it works, now go play" and the Advanced rules being like: "Something seems unfair, and uneasy to play with? It's probably enforced here."

What i would like to do is collect the more Advanced (Hidden) Rules here or so to say just for future reference of other players, and complaints.
Last edited by Mitch on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fire
Owner

Re: 'Hidden' Rules on Jailbreak

Post by Fire »

I try my best to put down all the rules but it is hard. I don't like adding a new rule to the list if I haven't fully though of all the angles, ask Soul. Most of them are there but if you guys want to write some down here I will take a look and post a reply.
Last edited by Fire on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Fire wrote:I try my best to put down all the rules but it is hard. I don't like adding a new rule to the list if I haven't fully though of all the angles, ask Soul. Most of them are there but if you guys want to write some down here I will take a look and post a reply.
That would be awesome.
Last edited by Mitch on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hakezu

Post by Hakezu »

Fire wrote:I try my best to put down all the rules but it is hard. I don't like adding a new rule to the list if I haven't fully though of all the angles, ask Soul. Most of them are there but if you guys want to write some down here I will take a look and post a reply.
Here some questions that people often ask on JB:
1) Can Pandas climb on a Panda freeday(excluding to get to a CT)?
2) Can a CT kill me even though I used a teleporter on a _____ freeday, but they didn't see me?
3) If I'm raped on a Panda freeday, do I have the authority to walk?
4) I'll think of some more later on.
Last edited by Hakezu on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Candyman
Veteran

Post by Candyman »

Hakezu....
1) Panda's can climb when ever they want, thats a given rule on a panda freeday on most maybe every jailbreak server BUT they cannot jump unless its to get to a ct where the panda cannot get to by just crouching
2) If they didnt see you teleporting they cannot kill you, i dont even know how thats possible unless another ct saw you and said to kill you for teleporting(if they are telling the truth that is)
3) You must crouch at all times on a panda freeday no matter what

...You're Welcome
Last edited by Candyman on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image I hate this idea that you're the best. Because you're not. I'm the best, I'm the best in the world!!
Hakezu

Post by Hakezu »

Candyman wrote:.
I'm not saying I didn't know them >_> I'm just saying it's what people ask, so maybe it should be written on the official rules is all.
Last edited by Hakezu on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
I Am Yes!

Post by I Am Yes! »

Mitch wrote:Now before everyone says "OHH MY GEWRD COMMON SCIENCE."
I would like to say if they aren't written down how would an admin go about enforcing them?
As Phantom has told me there are tons of them, in which he told me that if i have any questions about them i should ask him.
As pointed here: http://disc-ff.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1339 some people make up these rules.
I find an issue with this just because there are defiantly alot of trust issues, especially over the internet.
Some of these rules really do need to be written down, like especially the rules that affect regular commands, just so an admin could say "Read the Rules" and the rule would actually be there for the client to read, so it wouldn't waste a pointless argument over "that's not a rule!" issue.
This is kinda on the side of a Complaint and Suggestion, my complaint is that it's hard to learn these rules if you've never heard of them, or never seen them enforce.
By the way, i used to play Jailbreak alot, and that was when the only rule was no Freekilling, lol.
I also understand that rules are hard to upkeep, and too many will drive off clients, but i think we could do something like: Basic Rules, and Advanced Rules.
Basic rules would be like the "Okay here's how it works, now go play" and the Advanced rules being like: "Something seems unfair, and uneasy to play with? It's probably enforced here."

What i would like to do is collect the more Advanced (Hidden) Rules here or so to say just for future reference of other players, and complaints.
I completely agree. I only enforce whats in the MOTD. If it's not in the rules then, if its not utterly obvious, then it's heresay. Candy said this, Fire said this, etc...
Last edited by I Am Yes! on Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Add me on Skype: joseph.hudson5
StraightStupid

Post by StraightStupid »

Where did this disscusion go

I wanna harp on this some more.
Im new here but I was hoping we could add a bunch of shit to motd
is this where i put the rules that need to be added
Last edited by StraightStupid on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

ImageImage