Dust2 NoFlash Plugin

Loon3yToOns

Dust2 NoFlash Plugin

Post by Loon3yToOns »

the no flash plugin works great but at the same time it affects enemy flashes as well.
many times if you throw a flash in front of an enemy they don't get flashed ... received several complaints today about it and experienced it myself as well...
maybe we can either fix it or remove it ?
Last edited by Loon3yToOns on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IAmJim

Re: Dust2 NoFlash Plugin

Post by IAmJim »

Does it even need that plugin? While I understand there are trolls that may come in spamming flashes at team mates, instead of installing that plugin you could always give out bans for those who repeatedly team flash.
Last edited by IAmJim on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Green

Post by Mr. Green »

The thing is : if you turn the plugin off, you must see who flashes you before you get flashed or you will never find out since theres like 5 ppl flashing the same place. I say if you flash and it doesnt work, well get some skills and try to 1v1 someone without him being flashed instead of saying ure a beast when you have 10 flash kills of of your 15 kills. flashes are for pussies and non-skilled ppl
Last edited by Mr. Green on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Preston in charge of Office, Mr. Green of Dust2, Kris of Mini-games and Candyman of Jailbreak
Phantom wrote:Mr. Green have the biggest penis i've ever seen
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

Are you sure that the flash you saw explode was from a enemy and not a teammate? I'd like to try and trouble shoot this issue as I like having the plugin on the server. If you can gather information (what is going on when this happens, who is around you)/demos of this happening it would really help to debug this issue.
Last edited by Fire on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
DutchKitty
Veteran

Post by DutchKitty »

Mr. Green wrote:The thing is : if you turn the plugin off, you must see who flashes you before you get flashed or you will never find out since theres like 5 ppl flashing the same place. I say if you flash and it doesnt work, well get some skills and try to 1v1 someone without him being flashed instead of saying ure a beast when you have 10 flash kills of of your 15 kills. flashes are for pussies and non-skilled ppl
Flashes are part of the game. Same goes with AWPs. Saying only pussies use them is stupid... If you are scrimming anyway, you can only have 2 flashes per round, and usually you throw a set flash and it doesn't do much damage. If you are tired of flashes, turn your back towards them!
Last edited by DutchKitty on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mr. Green

Post by Mr. Green »

DutchKitty wrote:
Mr. Green wrote:The thing is : if you turn the plugin off, you must see who flashes you before you get flashed or you will never find out since theres like 5 ppl flashing the same place. I say if you flash and it doesnt work, well get some skills and try to 1v1 someone without him being flashed instead of saying ure a beast when you have 10 flash kills of of your 15 kills. flashes are for pussies and non-skilled ppl
Flashes are part of the game. Same goes with AWPs. Saying only pussies use them is stupid... If you are scrimming anyway, you can only have 2 flashes per round, and usually you throw a set flash and it doesn't do much damage. If you are tired of flashes, turn your back towards them!
that's what i'm saying, flashes are for pussies, i turn my back and then ppl complain that the plugin doesnt work -__-
Last edited by Mr. Green on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Preston in charge of Office, Mr. Green of Dust2, Kris of Mini-games and Candyman of Jailbreak
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Mr. Green wrote:flashes are for pussies
There are certainly scenarios in which flashbangs are appropriate, such as anytime you have someone who presents an immediate threat to the safety of others: bank robberies, hostage situations, or similar sorts of stand-offs. In these cases, the weapons can defuse an already violent situation.

But that isn't how flashbangs are primarily used. Supporters of the devices say they're important for the safety of police officers. We should obviously take sensible precautions to protect cops on the job, but those precautions can't violate the basic rights of everyone else. Flashbang grenades subject people suspected of nonviolent crimes and everyone around them to an explosion that's designed to blind and deafen, with the potential to cause severe burns and permanent hearing loss—all before anyone has been charged with a crime. That doesn't seem like a close call.

Sources: http://r e a s o n .c o m / archives/2010/02/17/flashbangs-under-fire
(remove spaces.)
Last edited by Mitch on Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mr. Green

Post by Mr. Green »

Mitch wrote:
There are certainly scenarios in which flashbangs are appropriate, such as anytime you have someone who presents an immediate threat to the safety of others: bank robberies, hostage situations, or similar sorts of stand-offs. In these cases, the weapons can defuse an already violent situation.

But that isn't how flashbangs are primarily used. Supporters of the devices say they're important for the safety of police officers. We should obviously take sensible precautions to protect cops on the job, but those precautions can't violate the basic rights of everyone else. Flashbang grenades subject people suspected of nonviolent crimes and everyone around them to an explosion that's designed to blind and deafen, with the potential to cause severe burns and permanent hearing loss—all before anyone has been charged with a crime. That doesn't seem like a close call.

(remove spaces.)
in other words, flashes are for pussies
Last edited by Mr. Green on Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Element

Post by Element »

Mr. Green wrote:
Mitch wrote:

(remove spaces.)
In other words, you're a pussy.
Last edited by Element on Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

-When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

-Drinking is not a solution, unless we are talking about alcohol.
Mr. Green

Post by Mr. Green »

Element wrote:
Mr. Green wrote:
Mitch wrote:

(remove spaces.)
In other words, you're a pussy.
look at miss attention whore callin someone names
Last edited by Mr. Green on Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:34 am, edited 3 times in total.