Clarifications of rules an Punishments

Deathdog

Clarifications of rules an Punishments

Post by Deathdog »

Hello, as you all know the backbone of JB is it's rules. I just need some carifications on these rules and the ways they are presented in the MOTD.

2. No Camping [Anywhere except Kitchen unless it is a war day (For CTs this still excludes armory and vents)]
How long is it untill it is concidered camping and what are the punishments for it.

9. Gun Planting will get you banned
I have seen people do this and have not been banned (example: teflon don)

10. You must have a clear mic and speak english to be on CT
I want to know how you can classify one's mic as clear. Certain people dont understand other's mics due to thier low volume or abundace of ambient noise such as fans or dogs in the background.

13. You must first warn a T to drop their gun before you can shoot them [You may shoot without warning if the T has a primary weapon unholstered]
The rule says nothing about secondary weapons unholstered... because if someone is passed one they automatically have it unholstered, such as if they are passed one.

17. You may not have two Warday rounds in a row [You must wait atleast one round
What is the punishment for a CT who does not follow this rule, and what about having 2 freedays in a row. Does the CT that does this have to slay or is just CT kicked?

6. Do not pretend to not understand a command if you do
This rule seems unfinished, if you do-

11. Armory is off limits [Going inside is considered a rebel (unless playing War)]
I have seen CT's shooting at people in armory getting guns... should there be a punishment for this? And what about T's shooting at CT's from armory during wardays?

21. Leaving your cell before 7:15 is considered rebelling unless commanded to do so
The wording on this rule is confusing. If leaving your cell before 7:15 is considered rebelling unless told to is rebelling, then what about if a T leaves thier cell after 7:15 and they weren't told to? I don't know the wording is slightly off.

That's it for now, stay classy -[FF]-
Last edited by Deathdog on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
:evil: DEATHDOG :twisted:

DutchKitty
Veteran

Re: Clarifications of rules an Punishments

Post by DutchKitty »

deathdog wrote:Hello, as you all know the backbone of JB is it's rules. I just need some carifications on these rules and the ways they are presented in the MOTD.

2. No Camping [Anywhere except Kitchen unless it is a war day (For CTs this still excludes armory and vents)]
How long is it untill it is concidered camping and what are the punishments for it.

9. Gun Planting will get you banned
I have seen people do this and have not been banned (example: teflon don)

10. You must have a clear mic and speak english to be on CT
I want to know how you can classify one's mic as clear. Certain people dont understand other's mics due to thier low volume or abundace of ambient noise such as fans or dogs in the background.

13. You must first warn a T to drop their gun before you can shoot them [You may shoot without warning if the T has a primary weapon unholstered]
The rule says nothing about secondary weapons unholstered... because if someone is passed one they automatically have it unholstered, such as if they are passed one.

17. You may not have two Warday rounds in a row [You must wait atleast one round
What is the punishment for a CT who does not follow this rule, and what about having 2 freedays in a row. Does the CT that does this have to slay or is just CT kicked?

6. Do not pretend to not understand a command if you do

11. Armory is off limits [Going inside is considered a rebel (unless playing War)]
I have seen CT's shooting at people in armory getting guns... should there be a punishment for this? And what about T's shooting at CT's from armory during wardays?

21. Leaving your cell before 7:15 is considered rebelling unless commanded to do so
The wording on this rule is confusing. If leaving your cell before 7:15 is considered rebelling unless told to is rebelling, then what about if a T leaves thier cell after 7:15 and they weren't told to? I don't know the wording is slightly off.

That's it for now, stay classy -[FF]-
1. We usually consider it camping if either 1- you're completely away from the T's fucking around (not looking for a rebelling T) 2- Just sitting in 1 spot for ~30 seconds+. (Ex: Electric_razor_extended- sitting in Armory window)

2. Punishment for gunplanting is usually a perm CT-ban. The only times i see Teflon gunplant is when it's empty.

3. If someone can't hear a CT's mic due to their volume, it's their fault. Also, if they have fans/dogs and aren't able to be heard well by anyone, we can just switch them and tell them not to go back. If so ct-ban them. They should still be able to talk, though.

4. If they have an un-holstered secondary you can't shoot them... It doesn't say anything about it in the rule therefore it is not a rule.
Also, you can disable in your options to auto-holster a weapon when it's picked up.

5. Two wardays in a row usually results in a short ct-ban so they can read the rules and be able to fully understand them. Also, there's no rule for 2 freedays, however, if they continue to do so, I usually just switch them since they can't give "real" orders.

6. That rule used to be finished, don't know what happened. Anyways if you do you usually die/get muted.

7. On a warday if you are seen with a gun or if you are red you can be shot, no matter where you (the T) are.

8. If they leave after 7:15 and they aren't giving any orders such as "Take one step out face your cell and freeze" I'm pretty sure they can leave. I'm not too sure on that rule..

Anyways that's it.
And people say I don't know the rules.....
Last edited by DutchKitty on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jb~

Post by jb~ »

Deathdog wrote: 6. Do not pretend to not understand a command if you do
The rule is finished, in other words the rule is "If you understand the orders given, then don't pretend you don't understand them."
Last edited by jb~ on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
DutchKitty
Veteran

Post by DutchKitty »

Danke (:
Last edited by DutchKitty on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
soulharvester
Veteran

Post by soulharvester »

I think most of those rules are worded fine and say exactly what they mean. They're short and to the point, no one wants to read 5 paragraphs of text before being able to even start to grasp how a game is to be played.

2. Camping as in not helping with the Ts. If you're fucking around in showers for no reason you're going to be kicked off the CT team eventually, as well as probably killed because you're letting the Ts over run your team mates. It doesn't count as camping if you absolutely know a rebel is somewhere and you're waiting for them to come out or the like, though you should go and kill them instead of waiting all round for them to come to you.

9. Admins aren't perfect, they're not omniscient. Also most of the rules are more of a "blanket" covering many situations than strictly "do it and ban" kind of rule, so we can point to it and tell a player to stop misbehaving. It probably shouldn't say "banned" but I'm not going to argue for the wording to be changed on it, it's more of a "If you constantly do this we're going to ban you for it." kind of thing, most likely after a warning or slay or two.

13. Generally this is to avoid a T accidently being handed a gun or pulling one out that they got from a cell and being killed on the spot. Usually CTs aren't punished for killing a T who whips out a pistol and turns around and runs in their direction getting ready to open fire on them. A lot of the time it would seem a T would start rebelling and then say "But it's a secondary!" as an excuse when the reason they were killed was a combination of not following orders, and unholtstering a weapon. The rule is in place to try and prevent Ts from being slain by CTs because of gunplanting or accidently pressing up or down on the scroll wheel. Also, turn off "Automaticly switch to better weapons when picked up" (or however it's worded) in options, it's a pain in the ass most of the time anyways.

17. Is another "blanket" rule, usually we don't ban people for this unless they do excessively, though if they start doing it over and over again we can point to this rule and say "Hey, stop that!"

6. This rule is as clear as can be, if you know what you're supposed to be doing, don't pretend you don't, and don't spam "REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT". it's annoying and we don't want everyone disputing every order the warden says. It's there so that a round can move along without everyone screaming over eachother asking what they're supposed to do, even if they know exactly what the order was.

11. This rule is in place so that CTs don't just camp outside, or inside armory and shoot every T that tries to get a gun during warday. Occasionally a CT will shoot a T whose in armory, though that's more so up to the admin(s) on the server to decide what happens in that case, it could be that a T has been camping armory all round trying to force a CT to break this rule, or it could be that a CT is sitting in garage waiting for someone to grab a gun and shoot them through the open door (which should usually warrant a slay). The point of a warday is for the CTs to barricade/set themselves up in a room and survive or eventually storm out and kill every T with a gun. Really it's just up to the admin at the time to whether or not they're breaking rules. Record a demo if they're blatantly just shooting Ts the second they get a gun.

21. The wording on this is fine as well, if it's past 7:15 and you haven't received orders then it's a freeday and you can do whatever you wish. If it's before 7:15 and you've been ordered to leave your cell then you're following orders and won't be killed. If a T is commanded to stay in his cell, it's not a freeday because they're being given orders (so long as the cells are open and it's not a freeday because of that) and so he'll have to follow orders are be shot.

The wording on these is fine for the most part. Though many players really love to be super strict on rules and demand that someone be banned due to the slightest violation. A few admins like to be super strict too, though that may be due to looking for reasons to ban someone they personally don't like more than anything else, or just being power hungry. Most of the admins are lenient and will only ban repeat offenders or people who commit serious offenses (Hacking, and the like).