Jailbreak suggestion: Shark days/Nightcrawler

iRun

Jailbreak suggestion: Shark days/Nightcrawler

Post by iRun »

So basically how this works is it's a special day. Last year I played jailbreak non stop on CS 1.6, it's all I played. I was part of a community that was huge and we got a lot of members. I was a part of the Jailbreak staff there (Yes, we had Headadmin, co-admin for different servers) Basically the goal is to increase the number of players on the jailbreak servers and I have the perfect idea.

Shark day: CT's are given no clip and speed. They are also disarmed of any weapons. // T's are all given guns and need to defend themselves from the CT's who are flying around the map with there knives.

Nightcrawler: In this day, T's are glowed to be invisible and are all disarmed (and all through the day they may not pick up a gun and shoot it). The CT's are given guns and they must shoot the invisible T's.

There are also numerous other days we can do:

Spartan day: All T's are given riot shield. (They may not pick up any primary's) And the CT's just go on a rampage and kill them

TRUST ME, these days will bring in loads of people! I've seen other servers and they are all missing this! I haven't seen one server using this (note: I do play on Disc all the time so I wouldn't really know ahha)

The binds aren't complicated to do (e.g. Shark day: sm_noclip @ CT, sm_speed 1 @ CT "sm"=admin plugin)

I've talked to Fire about this and he said to post on here to see what you guys think! In order for this to work, we (mostly Fire) needs to install super admin on the server.

Let's be the first server to do this and be different than all other servers - lets set ourselves apart!!!

If you have any more questions, steam: XCSilva
Last edited by iRun on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:16 am, edited 7 times in total.
jb~

Re: Jailbreak suggestion: Shark days/Nightcrawler

Post by jb~ »

I'm all for trying new games and orders for Jailbreak, getting tired of the same ones over and over.
I think these could be fun, and we should do some test runs on these.

However they could might not work too well because an admin isn't always online as well as the fact that if we give the commands to the players they will probably get abused.
Last edited by jb~ on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
FriedBanana

Post by FriedBanana »

I don't really like the idea that a admin has to do it, because i like how the players decide what to do. And you'd need an admin on the server all the time if you wanted to do them.
Although, your ideas are great. These could actually be done without admin with some sort of super complicated menu that would pop up for the warden. The menu would pop up for like the first 30 seconds of the round for the warden. The warden could pick whatever day and the admin commands would be added to the players. However, this menu should only pop up every so-and-so rounds so it won't get abused. I don't really know what else to do because you'd need a 24/7 admin.

Edit: And I think that if an admin were given these commands on a jailbreak server, it will just be abused most likely. I'm not really in favor of giving out the unnecessary commands such as noclip and other forms of "godmode" on a jailbreak server.
Last edited by FriedBanana on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
AVALANCHE

Post by AVALANCHE »

I like it. Could have a menu like !warden or !orders that allows you to pick a day and runs the admin commands as needed. Anything to spice things up in the server.
Last edited by AVALANCHE on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iRun

Post by iRun »

FriedBanana wrote: Edit: And I think that if an admin were given these commands on a jailbreak server, it will just be abused most likely. I'm not really in favor of giving out the unnecessary commands such as noclip and other forms of "godmode" on a jailbreak server.
Admin should only be given to responsible players - one's that will not abuse there privileges. Classify admins with super admin and basic admin. Super admin will have the whole no clip,speed, glow basically the super admin menu. Basic can only ban,kick,mute,etc. Super admin will be given to selected few (unless Fire thinks otherwise).

If this were a pop-up menu for any ordinary player when an admin wasn't online, it is most likely it will be abused. We could always go into beta-testing and see how both scenarios work, I'm more inclined on only allowing "super admins" to create these days.

As Avalanche said, let's spice things up on the server!
Last edited by iRun on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dionyx

Post by Dionyx »

iRun wrote:
FriedBanana wrote: Edit: And I think that if an admin were given these commands on a jailbreak server, it will just be abused most likely. I'm not really in favor of giving out the unnecessary commands such as noclip and other forms of "godmode" on a jailbreak server.
Admin should only be given to responsible players - one's that will not abuse there privileges. Classify admins with super admin and basic admin. Super admin will have the whole no clip,speed, glow basically the super admin menu. Basic can only ban,kick,mute,etc. Super admin will be given to selected few (unless Fire thinks otherwise).

If this were a pop-up menu for any ordinary player when an admin wasn't online, it is most likely it will be abused. We could always go into beta-testing and see how both scenarios work, I'm more inclined on only allowing "super admins" to create these days.

As Avalanche said, let's spice things up on the server!
Good ideas but for now i wouldn't get your hopes up on this being instant Fire has a lot to deal with with helping the tf2 servers and keep them populated and running while he is getting admins and learning the ropes of running a server over there. Great ideas we will jsut have to wait and see because i doubt Fire will wanna upgrade lots of people to super and or take some time to create a script running these command and games to be encoded and run on the server without flaws
Last edited by Dionyx on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DutchKitty
Veteran

Post by DutchKitty »

It's impossible to have fun on our server because either the CT's don't try to, or the T's rebel over and over without listening..
Last edited by DutchKitty on Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iRun

Post by iRun »

There are several pre-made super admin menu's.

Example is this:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=147330

It includes no clip,insisible,speed, etc. All the things we need for the days to work and they are without flaws/errors.

Check this Super Admin menu as well. You can see this one more becuase it has a video and it also includes evrything we need already premade for us!!!
http://addons.eventscripts.com/addons/v ... in_cheetah

It will save Fire the hasle in creating the scripts and we can install this sooner.
Last edited by iRun on Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

I had a idea to make freedays more fun a while ago. I already have a write with these ideas in mind. Hopefully I can get it coded in the near future.
Last edited by Fire on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Dolan

Post by Dolan »

Sounds pretty cool. We seriously need some new games in JB. The same things every round is getting really boring.