Suggestion to admins

wil

Suggestion to admins

Post by wil »

This is just a suggestions. I am in no way shape or form telling any player to play any way different to how they want to play. Once again this is merely a suggestion. Ok now that we got that out of the way...

I feel that a few admins on the server needs to learn to take their ego/pride and stash it away. How can you complain about people trolling or talking shit when you either A) start it or B) fan the flames so to speak. As an admin I feel that it's more or less a fun part time job and as a job it should be treated as such with a more professional attitude. Your job is to keep the peace of the server and try to promote the community by making it fun and not pissing people off. Now don't get me wrong, not saying our current admins are bad...in fact I like all the current admins and have played with all of them according to the official admins list. Just every once in awhile I see things from certain admins and feel they lose their cool a lil too fast. Also I may be talking ignorant as well b/c I do run with sound_enable 0 so I don't hear things from the mic. I've found thru my days that if you want trolls...all talk is the way to go. Once again this is merely a suggestion or a reminder to those admins that patience is a good thing to have and that there are more ways to deal with people than the all mighty admin powers, esp the ban hammer.

Credibility of the poster:
First off I'm not any better or any wiser than any of you. I'm not trying to bring anyone down. Just a lil bit about me so you know where I'm coming from. First off some personal info. I'm 31 coming on 32. Thru my time as a person I've evolved and changed a lot since my silly freshman party days where we played counter-strike...beta and starcraft 1 non broodwars. As you get older you learn that your ego just gets in the way. Also I've served as a correctional officer for 5 years at a state prison. Once again you are reminded that even if you have the power your ego can lead to bad consequences. Drop the ego and view things more professionally or unbiased is a good rule of thumb.

Now about my online history. I've played games hardcore since 2000. I've ranked top in CS servers since my days at Purdue. I've also ranked top at a lot of other university servers like ND Irish and IU servers. I use to play CAL a long time ago with friends on an account that I gave my lil brother. I might have tried to start a team with this current one back when source first came out... not sure might be on other account can't recall. I've also admined for 3 different communities since before source came out in 1.6 all the way to CS:S off and on for over 10 years. I use to help write the admin code of conduct for a community called Mercnet a long time ago that failed due to the main owner going awol on us. We then made our own community called Stompfest that worked well. I was one of the four founding members there and once again helped admin the admins. I left Stompfest when they had a shift from CS:S to TF2. I stopped playing for quite some time and recently started playing again b/c friends asked me to help them restart Mercnet. Well since I'm on DISC-FF all the time you can probably guess that it didn't go well lol. Since I started playing CS:S again I've come to enjoy this community. I like the players skill levels and most of all I love the players and the admins. This IMO is what makes a server fun. I've played on Pro Green and Noobs Galore and other big servers but for some odd reason I just couldn't feel like I belong there. Here I feel like we have some great guys that know how to have fun yet keep a decent level of play to keep the game interesting. With all that I feel like I'll probably on DISC-FF till I decide to quite gaming again lol.

Once again this is just merely a suggestion to admins. I've stopped admining CS servers a long time ago and in no way shape or form fit to tell anyone how to run their servers. Just a lil reminder, hint, tip for those new to admining or just plain forgot or didn't know. <(^_^<)
Last edited by wil on Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sleezypro

Re: Suggestion to admins

Post by Sleezypro »

I agree, don't get butt hurt enough to where you're acting like a unproffesional admin.
Last edited by Sleezypro on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
c m a c

Post by c m a c »

Gotta agree with this. There is one particular homosexual admin on office that talks about fucking men up the ass and sucking dicks. He then proceeds to kick/mute people that call him a faggot. Not saying either party is right or wrong... But I mean, what do you expect to happen on the Internet?

The servers are dying for many different reasons, but this is certainly one of them. :clap:
Last edited by c m a c on Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Breezier

Post by Breezier »

c m a c wrote:Gotta agree with this. There is one particular homosexual admin on office that talks about fucking men up the ass and sucking dicks. He then proceeds to kick/mute people that call him a faggot. Not saying either party is right or wrong... But I mean, what do you expect to happen on the Internet?

The servers are dying for many different reasons, but this is certainly one of them. :clap:
Yeah especially those who deal with players that bitch at the admin 24/7 to ban someone else that isn't doing wrong? Mhmm? I don't mute random people on the server, I just joke around with a regular that I know won't get pissed, and they know that I'm joking with them, regardless, knowing that if it pissed them off, I would stop. Now, since you're bitching about it here, I'll show you how the server will stay the same if I stay completely silent, since you're using anything you can to go against me. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

If you want to be god damn technical about it, the servers were dying because people were getting pissed about the server lagging after the steam pipe update, and it missing in their favorites. If your statement was true, (and I've been admin on the server for a year), the server would've died a long time ago.
Last edited by Breezier on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
amishbull wrote:I like basements.
Dick_McSlick

Post by Dick_McSlick »

c m a c wrote:homosexual admin on office that talks about fucking men up the ass and sucking dicks. He then proceeds to kick/mute people that call him a faggot.
Well, that's a great way to get kicked/muted. Disrespecting an admin. Not saying Breezier is the greatest admin to ever exist, he does his job but sometimes wants to have fun and tries to keep the server in an upbeat manner. He does his job and that's all I could ever ask from him.
c m a c wrote:The servers are dying for many different reasons, but this is certainly one of them.
If it was dying from one admin, someone would have noticed and dealt with the admin. The servers are dying for many reasons, but it isn't just one admin. Office has been pretty empty as of late, but I highly doubt it is because of Breezier because
Breezier wrote:(I've been admin on the server for a year), the server would've died a long time ago.
Just my opinion :3
Last edited by Dick_McSlick on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes. We'll swim in circles in the blue lights, it's gonna be the best day of my life
Need to contact me? Click the GIF below :3.

c m a c

Post by c m a c »

Dick_McSlick wrote:If it was dying from one admin, someone would have noticed and dealt with the admin. The servers are dying for many reasons, but it isn't just one admin.
Breezier wrote:If you want to be god damn technical about it, the servers were dying because people were getting pissed about the server lagging after the steam pipe update, and it missing in their favorites. If your statement was true, (and I've been admin on the server for a year), the server would've died a long time ago.
Read you goofs:
c m a c wrote:The servers are dying for many different reasons, but this is certainly one of them. :clap:
Last edited by c m a c on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Breezier

Post by Breezier »

c m a c wrote:The servers are dying for many different reasons, but this is certainly one of them. :clap:
I responded because of this.
Last edited by Breezier on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
amishbull wrote:I like basements.
iPhone 6

Post by iPhone 6 »

c m a c wrote:Gotta agree with this. There is one particular homosexual admin on office that talks about fucking men up the ass and sucking dicks.
Breezier is cool as hell. if you're homophobic well that sucks for you. I doubt that saying anything over the mic or chat can "ruin a server" your argument is invalid.
Last edited by iPhone 6 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dick_McSlick

Post by Dick_McSlick »

Even if Office is dying, I highly doubt the admins are causing it anyways.
Last edited by Dick_McSlick on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes. We'll swim in circles in the blue lights, it's gonna be the best day of my life
Need to contact me? Click the GIF below :3.

c m a c

Post by c m a c »

iPhone 5 wrote:
c m a c wrote:Gotta agree with this. There is one particular homosexual admin on office that talks about fucking men up the ass and sucking dicks.
Breezier is cool as hell. if you're homophobic well that sucks for you. I doubt that saying anything over the mic or chat can "ruin a server" your argument is invalid.
Has nothing to do with me, I don't care about how other people live their lives. However, the Internet community as a whole does not share the same philosophy. Point was plain and simple, you talk about these things, then kick/mute half the server, the server dies. You dudes are witty enough to figure that one out.

I have witnessed this exact scenario transpire.
Last edited by c m a c on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.