Jetpack rules (important)

Apathy
Veteran

Jetpack rules (important)

Post by Apathy »

We need to straighten up the rules since we have this jetpack epidemic going on.

My proposition for an addition to the rules is: You cannot jetpack to get kills or to avoid getting killed (Example 1: Someones on the roof above you and you jetpack from T spawn from a window to get the kill) (Example 2: Someones shooting you from behind and you jetpack to avoid bullets why you bhop away)

This is something I think we all have to do something about so we admins really know what is right and what is wrong.
Last edited by Apathy on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom
Veteran

Re: Jetpack rules (important)

Post by Phantom »

I do both of these things and they are pretty cheap. I think we should still be allowed to break fall damage with it though, it's kind of the point of it.
Last edited by Phantom on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
EngiDesu wrote:And I get to see this lovely piece of shit
Sleezypro

Post by Sleezypro »

Phantom wrote:I do both of these things and they are pretty cheap. I think we should still be allowed to break fall damage with it though, it's kind of the point of it.
^
Last edited by Sleezypro on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Candyman
Veteran

Post by Candyman »

I agree with Apathy, I always slay players who do stuff like this BUT ONLY if i see them, i wont slay if someone tells me they did it because im not going to "guess" that player did infact jetpack for their advantage.

avoid breaking your fall is not the point of jetpack, it was placed in to have fun with it without causing any problems or players complaining (which has been since day 1 lol), not use it to your advantage whether thats breaking your fall damage, jetpacking to get kills or be killed etc.
Example, if you are 1 v 1 on a map and you fall off a building, you die, its your own fault, should have been more aware of your surroundings, but if you fall off a building and you use jetpack to minimize your fall damage and end of killing the other player, you just used jetpack to your "Advantage" which is this whole situation is about...not to use jetpack to your advantage
Last edited by Candyman on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image I hate this idea that you're the best. Because you're not. I'm the best, I'm the best in the world!!
asdfasdf

Post by asdfasdf »

Apathy wrote:We need to straighten up the rules since we have this jetpack epidemic going on.

My proposition for an addition to the rules is: You cannot jetpack to get kills or to avoid getting killed (Example 1: Someones on the roof above you and you jetpack from T spawn from a window to get the kill) (Example 2: Someones shooting you from behind and you jetpack to avoid bullets why you bhop away)

This is something I think we all have to do something about so we admins really know what is right and what is wrong.
I thought this was the rules with it to begin with. But it seems the longer the jetpack was on the server the less strict admins were on the rules and the more players got away with it. But it also wasn't a big deal awhile back because not many people had it. Admins should just start handing out stricter punishments and kids will start learning their lessons with it haha
Last edited by asdfasdf on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sankoose120

Post by Sankoose120 »

I have seen many people on the map Kegs_course fall off the glass break and jetpack to land safely and just delay the round.
Last edited by Sankoose120 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sleezypro

Post by Sleezypro »

People are exploiting the no fall damage thing and if you are useing jetpack to disrupt every1s gameplay then u should record and ban.
Last edited by Sleezypro on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iPhone 6

Post by iPhone 6 »

i played on the minigames server today and jetpack is quite annoying and abused a lot which makes the server not fun :/
Last edited by iPhone 6 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apathy
Veteran

Post by Apathy »

What iPhone said. But people actually play in mg more now since Fire gave everyone the 30k credits. Ofcourse I want the server to stay populated, but this shit is just getting out of hand. I mean nowadays you can't even cap a motherfucker without him disapearing into the friendly skies.
Last edited by Apathy on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
asdfasdf

Post by asdfasdf »

Just start banning the abusers and others will take awareness and not abuse if they don't want to be banned
Last edited by asdfasdf on Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.