New Rocket Doesn't Feel Right

MonkeyOfWAR69xd

New Rocket Doesn't Feel Right

Post by MonkeyOfWAR69xd »

Hello DISC Admins,
I wanted to share my thoughts on the new speed change. Honestly, I couldn't play without focusing extremely hard on the rocket. Normally it's a nice a gradual increase which could give for a relaxed gameplay if you're used to the rocket (at default or vrs), but with this new 2x speed change I always have to be on high alert. What I'm saying is the new rocket is more stressful and the entire point of this was to get rid of VRS to appease both seniors and noobies. If I'm being honest, I don't think noobies can handle the rocket after 2-3 airblasts.

I just don't see why it had to be a giant 2x buff on the speed change. I'll level with you, just bump up the original speed by 10 or 15 and make it 1.5x or 1.3x speed change. 2x speed change is a bit overkill.

Thanks,
MonkeyOfWAR
Jasmine
Veteran

Re: New Rocket Doesn't Feel Right

Post by Jasmine »

Hey Monkey.

I understand what you're saying and just wanted to respond with a little of how we thought.
So, Disc DB has been dying, as unfortunate as it is that is the truth.
We no longer get new players as the server for a long time has been very VRS focused. All of our regulars and all of the admins prefer VRS. And thats too hard for any newcomers. They have therefor searched themselves to other servers.

We've gotten the feedback that people thought the original rocket was too slow and that it's too much hassle to do vrs. People thought the rocket didn't speed up fast enough and that it overall was slow.
Thats why this change happened. Vrs was removed so that the "hassle" was removed. And the speed increase was doubled BUT with the rocket starting out slower.
It was done a with a lot of the feedback we had gotten and a compromise made by the admins (plus myself even though I'm not server admin in specific) and Fire.

We'll take your comments on and I'll remind Fire to look at this in a while.
I do however encourage you to join our discord and go to the #suggestions channel and make a suggestion for what you want to change. And then encourage other people to upvote it. Fire reads through all of these suggestions and votes shows us more of what the community would want.
Much love
Jasmine