A (Plausible) Dream Build

My Sanity

A (Plausible) Dream Build

Post by My Sanity »

Recently, I got to spec out, order, and build what is essentially, if not, close to my dream gaming machine at work. This is for a work project that involves lots of rendering. As some of you know (either in snap stories or in TeamSpeak), I’ve been super pumped about this build and it looks sick, so I thought I’d do a little write up for you on the specs and some NSFW photography of the build.

Specs:
Spoiler
Processor: AMD RYZEN Threadripper 1950x 16 core/32 threads at 3.4 GHz (Overclock to 4.0) - $999.99
Motherboard: MSI x399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC sTR4 - $349.99
Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 128GB (8x16) DDR4-3200 - $1,549.99
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 80+ Platinum, 1200W Fully Modular SLI ready - $265.25
Storage: Samsun 850 EVO 1TB 2.5 SSD with Corsair Mounting bracket - $335.84
CPU Cooler: Cosair Hydro Series H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid Cooler - $109.99
GPU(s): Two (x2) MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB GDDR5X Graphics cards, SLI’d together - $1,576.01
Keyboard/Mouse: Corsair K55 RGB Keyboard and Corsair Harpoon RBG Mouse - $79.85
Case: Corsair Obsidian Seriese 750D Airflow Edition Full Tower ATX - $159.99
Monitor: Dell P2715Q 27” 4k HDMI Display (Not meant for Gaming) - $479.99
Misc parts/etc (like Thermal paste/etc) – give or take $50

Total build price: $5,956.89 (with tax its $6113.98)

Pics:
One thing about this, I got to essentially proof of concept this PC build absolutely free (and got paid for it). I was a nervous wreck for a few days while assembling it because you never know if something DOA’s or you have incompatible parts. I even had a nightmare that it wouldn’t boot properly. (Speaking of, when the second card got installed, Windows gave me a big NOPE.avi and had to reinstall it and all the drivers/programs again. Thanks Microsoft.)

I’d consider this almost a cardinal sin, but no, I have not installed Steam or Battle.net. This machine will never get to see a game played on it, only render ads :/ (I’m trying to work my boss to let me play Destiny 2 on it).

If you have questions let me know.

-Plausible Sanity

"Pretty fucking cool man" - Fire 2017
"Fire: Don't tell anyone" - Fire 2018
"If I find out who stole my shit, I'm gonna slap you." - Fire 2019

I go by Plausible Sanity on the servers.

Shankin
Veteran

Re: A (Plausible) Dream Build

Post by Shankin »

Can you finnese it and give it to me for free?
WhatIsLove: SHANKIN YOU'RE A FUCKING NIGGA BITCH.

SpicyCandy: you're sub-human.
fishermatt3552
Veteran

Re: A (Plausible) Dream Build

Post by fishermatt3552 »

Holy shit Sanity, this is a total beast of a rig. I'm sure you know your shit with this stuff, but you'll be able to breeze through pretty much anything. I've got plans to build a new computer this summer, and this post just made the itch much worse. If you do end up gaming at all, let me know how the GPU's do. I've heard great things about MSI cards

edit: Also, your cats are adorable