Fullscreen TF2 randomly minimizes

Sheep

Fullscreen TF2 randomly minimizes

Post by Sheep »

I don't know if it's just me but for a while I've been having an issue whenever I've just joined a next map on either a vs. Hale, surf, or one of the freak fortress servers and after clicking while being on the motd, class selection, or the team selection screen it randomly minimizes my TF2 window. So now i'm wondering is or was anybody else having the same problem and if so, can you please tell me what did you do to fix that?
Last edited by Sheep on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banners/Logos are for the weak...
Rigby!

Re: Fullscreen TF2 randomly minimizes

Post by Rigby! »

Are you positive you're not in fullscreen windowed mode? Other than that it might be an issue with dual monitors.
Someone take the exclamation mark out of my name, I'm not excited to be here.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Id check with any antivirus software or check if you have any viruses which may be bringing selection focus to another window.
MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

That sounds like your mouse is clicking on something (your desktop, or another window) that is not TF2. This is an issue that happens primarily on multiple monitor setups with high sensitivity/dpi mouse settings, but can occur on single monitor setups.

The best solution I would personally suggest, is to run TF2 as a fullscreen borderless window. You can configure this by setting the following commands as your launch options.
Spoiler
-w -noborder -novid
Shia Suprise
Spoiler
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

MoneyKidKing wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:02 am The best solution I would personally suggest, is to run TF2 as a fullscreen borderless window. You can configure this by setting the following commands as your launch options.
Spoiler
-w -noborder -novid
Fullscreen Borderless should be treated as a temporary fix, especially if you have a monitor that is greater than 60hz. Borderless is known to have stutters and other drops when trying to play.