looking into a new gaming setup.

Dick_McSlick

looking into a new gaming setup.

Post by Dick_McSlick »

Hey everyone, Im really considering a new setup because the one I have now is quite old and it seems really unreliable. Since im terrible with computers and monitors and such, I found some awesome looking setups I would love to have.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer_Xtreme_2000

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Mega_Special_I

These are my 2 favorite (you can change things around, but keep it under 1000, Im not looking for anything to clear out my bank account :lol: )

Thanks for the help,

Mason :3
Last edited by Dick_McSlick on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes. We'll swim in circles in the blue lights, it's gonna be the best day of my life
Need to contact me? Click the GIF below :3.

DutchKitty
Veteran

Re: looking into a new gaming setup.

Post by DutchKitty »

Not going to take the time to build you a PC, but don't just look at what it "looks" like. Learn what parts are good and such. I'll attach a few videos below on guides to building a Beginner, Medium, and High end PC's.

Budget Machine:

Mid-Range:
Last edited by DutchKitty on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dick_McSlick

Post by Dick_McSlick »

DutchKitty wrote:Not going to take the time to build you a PC, but don't just look at what it "looks" like. Learn what parts are good and such. I'll attach a few videos below on guides to building a Beginner, Medium, and High end PC's.

Budget Machine:

Mid-Range:
it helped alot, gonna customize the back to school like he did, try to learn some more, maybe scoop some more money toghether and have a beautiful, well built, dream setup. thanks lunches
Last edited by Dick_McSlick on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes. We'll swim in circles in the blue lights, it's gonna be the best day of my life

soulharvester
Veteran

Post by soulharvester »

Last edited by soulharvester on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dick_McSlick

Post by Dick_McSlick »

soulharvester wrote:http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HhLr
This looks like a promising start, might take more time and expand, maybe get a phenom II, thanks for the help soul.
Last edited by Dick_McSlick on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

soulharvester
Veteran

Post by soulharvester »

The i5 3570k blows the phenom II out of the water, for a like $100 less.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

the parts I linked are everything you need for a good gaming build. (minus peripherals, mouse/keyboard/headphones/mic/etc)

Also Bulldozer does seem like a promising choice, but they don't handle games as well as the i5's chipset, and intel goes with a performance and efficiency kind of mindset with everything they do, their cpus run at a MUCH lower wattage than amd's counterparts, The i5 can also overclock very well.

where as amd likes to just shove as many cores as they can fit into the chip as possible, which absolutely sucks straight through a large portion of your power supply's output, and they don't overclock as well. They also had a huge blow to their credibility when they didn't have like 40% of the transistors that they believed they did.
Last edited by soulharvester on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Dick_McSlick

Post by Dick_McSlick »

soulharvester wrote:The i5 3570k blows the phenom II out of the water, for a like $100 less.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

the parts I linked are everything you need for a good gaming build. (minus peripherals, mouse/keyboard/headphones/mic/etc)

Also Bulldozer does seem like a promising choice, but they don't handle games as well as the i5's chipset, and intel goes with a performance and efficiency kind of mindset with everything they do, their cpus run at a MUCH lower wattage than amd's counterparts, The i5 can also overclock very well.

where as amd likes to just shove as many cores as they can fit into the chip as possible, which absolutely sucks straight through a large portion of your power supply's output, and they don't overclock as well. They also had a huge blow to their credibility when they didn't have like 40% of the transistors that they believed they did.

Awesome, i might get a NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card, do you have an opinion on NVIDA or should i go with something else?
Last edited by Dick_McSlick on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DutchKitty
Veteran

Post by DutchKitty »

amd as well as nvidia are good. Go with AMD if you want something cheaper
Last edited by DutchKitty on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
soulharvester
Veteran

Post by soulharvester »

Dick_McSlick wrote:Awesome, i might get a NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card, do you have an opinion on NVIDA or should i go with something else?
Nvidia's fine if you stay within the good manufacturing brands like MSI, gigabyte, and a few others.

Same goes with AMD's GPUs too,

However the 610 is trash, who recommended this?

The GTX 660 TI and GTX 670 are alright cards, but they're both significantly more expensive.

edit:
Wow I'm derping on the GPUs today, thanks for bringing them up, here's a few with their prices, in order of power from highest to lowest.

GTX 660 TI, dual dvi, 2gb, $280 (Recommended nvidia card)
GTX 570, dual dvi, 1.3gb, $270
7870 single dvi, 2gb, $240 (after rebate)
7850 dual dvi, 2gb $200 (after rebate) (recommended AMD card)
7850 singe dvi, 1gb, $170
Last edited by soulharvester on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dick_McSlick

Post by Dick_McSlick »

soulharvester wrote:
Dick_McSlick wrote:Awesome, i might get a NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card, do you have an opinion on NVIDA or should i go with something else?
Nvidia's fine if you stay within the good manufacturing brands like MSI, gigabyte, and a few others.

Same goes with AMD's GPUs too,

However the 610 is trash, who recommended this?

The GTX 660 TI and GTX 670 are alright cards, but they're both significantly more expensive.
MD Radeon HD 7750 1GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card is my next for my price range, its better, but is it good enough?
Last edited by Dick_McSlick on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.