TF2 Skipping for me.

Dick_McSlick

TF2 Skipping for me.

Post by Dick_McSlick »

So, when I play TF2, sometimes the game just skips, like if I'm shooting someone with a shortstop, the screen freezes and the sounds happening at that moment loops over and over again. It is very annoying and I was curious if there is anyway to fix this? :3.
Last edited by Dick_McSlick on Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes. We'll swim in circles in the blue lights, it's gonna be the best day of my life
Need to contact me? Click the GIF below :3.

Hat in a Cat

Re: TF2 Skipping for me.

Post by Hat in a Cat »

Make sure your video card drivers are up to date, and you don't have too many programs running in the background that could interfere with the game. Anti-Viruses are one of the biggest ones, so disabling them while in-game could help quite a bit. (Obviously if you aren't comfortable doing this, then don't.)

It could also be your graphics card not being able to keep up, or maybe your CPU / RAM. You can try running Chris's highframes or maxframes configs and see if that helps. Remember to uninstall any TF2 mods you installed yourself, as well.

If anything above fixes it or if you still have problems let me know. :)
Last edited by Hat in a Cat on Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dick_McSlick

Post by Dick_McSlick »

Hat in a Cat wrote:Make sure your video card drivers are up to date, and you don't have too many programs running in the background that could interfere with the game. Anti-Viruses are one of the biggest ones, so disabling them while in-game could help quite a bit. (Obviously if you aren't comfortable doing this, then don't.)

It could also be your graphics card not being able to keep up, or maybe your CPU / RAM. You can try running Chris's highframes or maxframes configs and see if that helps. Remember to uninstall any TF2 mods you installed yourself, as well.

If anything above fixes it or if you still have problems let me know. :)
I usually have Chrome and Skype and Spotify open. Should close those before entering TF2 I guess. Might be my CPU too, not a great performer. I'll see how this works, but thank you based Hat.

EDIT: Closed all tabs, no luck. Was actually worse for some reason. Does this happen to anyone else?
Last edited by Dick_McSlick on Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes. We'll swim in circles in the blue lights, it's gonna be the best day of my life

goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

I don't have this problem, and I'm managing with the iGPU, Intel HD 4000.

Make sure your video card drivers are up to date.

Computer Specs?
Is your CPU usage reaching 90-100% during gaming? (Check w/ task manager or something)
Is your GPU usage reaching 90-100% during gaming? (Check with GPU-Z or something)
CPU Temps?(RealTemp) GPU Temps?(Gpu-Z)
Last edited by goinundercover on Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.
Dick_McSlick

Post by Dick_McSlick »

goinundercover wrote:I don't have this problem, and I'm managing with the iGPU, Intel HD 4000.

Make sure your video card drivers are up to date.

Computer Specs?
Is your CPU usage reaching 90-100% during gaming? (Check w/ task manager or something)
Is your GPU usage reaching 90-100% during gaming? (Check with GPU-Z or something)
CPU Temps?(RealTemp) GPU Temps?(Gpu-Z)
i3 3220, 8 gigs ram, radeon 7850.

All are up to date.

It reaches 85ish
No.
38 degrees C
Last edited by Dick_McSlick on Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

Usually stuttering is due to something being weird about the GPU. Ensure you have the latest drivers and everything is at stock settings.
Last edited by goinundercover on Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.
Dick_McSlick

Post by Dick_McSlick »

goinundercover wrote:Usually stuttering is due to something being weird about the GPU. Ensure you have the latest drivers and everything is at stock settings.
Stock setting as in?