Tech Discussion: Phones

sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Tech Discussion: Phones

Post by sambawarkiddo »

Figured hardware was the better place to put this.

So, let's talk phones.
What phone does everyone else have, how long have you had it, have you considered an upgrade/crossgrade (Apple->Android or vice-versa)?

Up until today, I had a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. I love it to bits, however, I made the switch over to the recent Google Pixel.
So far, I'm adoring everything about it. It's sleek, easy to use, was VERY easy to copy all my files/apps over from the Note 3, and overall, it's very accommodating, granted I purchased a regular Pixel as opposed to an XL, but that's a different story how I managed that.

In previous years, I had an iPhone 3G, to a 3GS, and then very swiftly moved to a Samsung Galaxy S2, which served me extremely well until I got my Note 3.
In my experience, and in hindsight, I couldn't possibly be happier having switched to Android.

also when is disc gonna get a mobile-friendly apk/browser? Sakura pls do this or some shit

Discuss!
Last edited by sambawarkiddo on Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Drewski
Veteran

Re: Tech Discussion: Phones

Post by Drewski »

I have a iPhone 7 Plus 128GB with u.s cellular.

Why I like it: the ease of use. The U.I Is much more easer to use and attractive then most the android counterparts. All the complex stuff is in the settings far back somewhat. Also the 7 plus has some really good specs such as 3GB of ram I believe, 1080p screen, and 12mp back camera.

What I don't like about it: Extremly Fragile. All I will say on this is that you'd be crazy to buy a new iPhone with out getting insurance on it or atleast getting a case.
Add me on steam! Click the globe icon to go to my profile!
PC Specs
Sir Spookleton
Veteran

Post by Sir Spookleton »

I've been using an iPhone since the iPhone 4, and all of them I've gotten from my dad after he switched to the newest version. So I'm sitting here with an iPhone 6S, I believe. I think it's fine, and easy to use.
Bench

Post by Bench »

I am currently using an iPhone 5S (first and only phone) and it's pretty decent. One feature I like about it is its shape fits perfectly in my hand, making it easy to navigate through it. The biggest downside to it is its limited customization.

I would really prefer to get a Samsung S7 or an iPhone 6S, I haven't seen the best of both platforms so I am leaning more towards the 6S if I were to upgrade. The only reason I would choose the 6S over an iPhone 7S is mainly for the audio port; since I currently use headphones with a cable and would prefer to not always have to keep my headphones charged to use it
Steam
Tickle: Hello, I'm tickle, & I'm a pedophile
Bench: (immediately & excited) I'm underage
Drewski
Veteran

Post by Drewski »

Bench wrote:I am currently using an iPhone 5S (first and only phone) and it's pretty decent. One feature I like about it is its shape fits perfectly in my hand, making it easy to navigate through it. The biggest downside to it is its limited customization.

I would really prefer to get a Samsung S7 or an iPhone 6S, I haven't seen the best of both platforms so I am leaning more towards the 6S if I were to upgrade. The only reason I would choose the 6S over an iPhone 7S is mainly for the audio port; since I currently use headphones with a cable and would prefer to not always have to keep my headphones charged to use it

Ture, however an lighting to audio comes with the iPhone 7 or 7 plus in the box so unless you are prone to losing small objects and listening to music while your phone charges, you shouldn't have a issue. You can also buy some Bluetooth earbuds if you wish.
Last edited by Drewski on Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Add me on steam! Click the globe icon to go to my profile!
PC Specs