Mic problem

sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Re: Mic problem

Post by sambawarkiddo »

Fire wrote:I'd rather this not be locked in case a solution is found.

I have tested this with Corgi for hours with her mic. I wasn't in control watching what she was doing so I don't know if all the steps were followed properly but from our testing and other reports I have heard from people I highly suspect this to be a software issue.

Make sure your drivers are completely up to date and also check and see if you have any other audio software install that might be messing with it. One thing that would be interesting is if you tested the mic with a fresh windows install. I don't know if this will do anything but maybe try making a sub user account and installing TF2 there and seeing if it persists.
I'm only personally skeptical of software issues because it's not a usb headset, and the issue seems to only be occurring on TF2, nowhere else, meaning it's an issue with the TF2 voice codec on Jas' client.
I'm not sure if you can do it client-side, as it didn't really show any results but servers can change sv_voicecodec vaudio_celt to something like vaudio_speex or steam's voice API.
It might be worth having a look at those to see if that makes any notable difference.
there's a server command to use the previous codec

Code: Select all

sv_use_steam_voice 1
Last edited by sambawarkiddo on Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Jasmine
Veteran

Post by Jasmine »

Yeah samba and even if it seemed to be working on surf. When I joined gm''s prophunt some people couldn't hear me at all, and some people could. It's the same on freak fortress now, they don't seem to hear me
Much love
Jasmine
Sir Spookleton
Veteran

Post by Sir Spookleton »

Jasmine wrote:Yeah samba and even if it seemed to be working on surf. When I joined gm''s prophunt some people couldn't hear me at all, and some people could. It's the same on freak fortress now, they don't seem to hear me
Perhaps some people had you muted, or were just trolling?
Last edited by Sir Spookleton on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

Sir Spookleton wrote:
Jasmine wrote:Yeah samba and even if it seemed to be working on surf. When I joined gm''s prophunt some people couldn't hear me at all, and some people could. It's the same on freak fortress now, they don't seem to hear me
I highly doubt this would happen on 2servers, especially when knowing the obsession kids have for girl gamers, even though Jas is just a guinneapig
Last edited by Abraham on Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

Abraham wrote:
Sir Spookleton wrote:
I highly doubt this would happen on 2servers, especially when knowing the obsession kids have for girl gamers, even though Jas is just a guinneapig
It's a bit too suss to be irony.

Verify TF2's game cache.
At worst case scenario, copy/backup your download, maps, sounds, materials, etc in your tf folder (see image below), uninstall tf2, then re-install it
(by backing up those, you shouldn't have to download all the shit from servers again, naturally) and see if that doesn't fix anything.
Tedious, yes, but worth a try.

It strongly seems to me like your TF2 client is strongly disagreeing with the CELT voice codec.

Back up your resources then give TF2 a fresh install.
It may even be worth just trying a vanilla matchmaking server before checking out any modded servers like the Disc servers.
Last edited by sambawarkiddo on Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?