Bottlenecks.

hisiglemic

Bottlenecks.

Post by hisiglemic »

So for the computer that im getting in the very near future im planning to get a Ryzen 1500x a 980 ti and 16 gigs of ram. I plan to oc the cpu to around 4.0 ghz and I was wondering if you guys think there are any obvious bottlenecks in the system. Thanks for your help and when I get this system I plan to come back to the community!
one day I will meet Gaben
PembrokeWelshCorgi
Veteran

Re: Bottlenecks.

Post by PembrokeWelshCorgi »

Try checking this bottleneck calculator. When I entered your hardware, it showed a 7% bottleneck, so you should be fine. You can go a step further and enter the storage (hard drive or ssd) you plan to purchase.

This is a very basic calculator, but if you aren't an advanced PC user, it should be relevant to your needs.
Last edited by PembrokeWelshCorgi on Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
In the not too distant future, next Sunday A.D....
hisiglemic

Post by hisiglemic »

PembrokeWelshCorgi wrote:Try checking this bottleneck calculator. When I entered your hardware, it showed a 7% bottleneck, so you should be fine. You can go a step further and enter the storage (hard drive or ssd) you plan to purchase.

This is a very basic calculator, but if you aren't an advanced PC user, it should be relevant to your needs.
Thanks dude. Didn't know about this calculator till now. Must really help out.
Last edited by hisiglemic on Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SakuraTheBabyfur

Post by SakuraTheBabyfur »

Something a lot of people don't realize is that two huge bottlenecks are the motherboard and the primary storage device. For the storage device, try to get a solid state hard drive to put windows and important stuff on. It makes a huge difference. Just get a small one and then get something like a 2TB second hard drive to put everything else on.

As for motherboards, think of having an amazingly fast car, completely pimped put. It won't be able to last very long or go very fast on a dirt road. Don't buy a dirt road motherboard lol. Spend a good amount ($150-$250 ish) and you won't regret it
Survivor of the Gaymen Apocalypse 2015
Gaymen wrote:Forum ban? Is that like a band full of faggots like Armen.
hisiglemic

Post by hisiglemic »

SakuraTheBabyfur wrote:Something a lot of people don't realize is that two huge bottlenecks are the motherboard and the primary storage device. For the storage device, try to get a solid state hard drive to put windows and important stuff on. It makes a huge difference. Just get a small one and then get something like a 2TB second hard drive to put everything else on.

As for motherboards, think of having an amazingly fast car, completely pimped put. It won't be able to last very long or go very fast on a dirt road. Don't buy a dirt road motherboard lol. Spend a good amount ($150-$250 ish) and you won't regret it
Ah alright. I had planned about getting an ssd but I didnt know much about mobos. Thanks