Nova Prospekt.

LunaTheDemon

Nova Prospekt.

Post by LunaTheDemon »

In FF2, the map Nova Prospekt is a bunch of giant hallways, with very narrow doorways that can easily be camped, it's a meat grinder map with the major flaw of everything is an enclosed space, only two places for health on the whole map, and a singular ammo pack. Combine that with 32 people and it becomes absurd and boring to play, since every round goes the same. It also is always picked the second it becomes available, and gets extended twice every single time. Two medics and two heavies can kill any hale with no issues in any doorway on the map. I'd like to request that it be removed.
Zethy
Veteran

Re: Nova Prospekt.

Post by Zethy »

The map might be just a maze corridor, but the mayority of bosses can win here, the only way to lose is to corner yourself into a room or choosing a boss with a weak rage. There are more than 2 healthkits and ammo packs.
Sure, the map gets boring after a while for some people and I can see why because this isn't your traditional closed map, it doesn't give any room for creative strategies but it isn't always generic, you can do some impressive stuff if you put effort on it.
Also it is very popular, so if you remove it, people will complain, and a rework will be hard to do without changing the whole layout.
FawfulRoach
Veteran

Post by FawfulRoach »

Zethy wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:04 pm The map might be just a maze corridor, but the mayority of bosses can win here, the only way to lose is to corner yourself into a room or choosing a boss with a weak rage. There are more than 2 healthkits and ammo packs.
Sure, the map gets boring after a while for some people and I can see why because this isn't your traditional closed map, it doesn't give any room for creative strategies but it isn't always generic, you can do some impressive stuff if you put effort on it.
Also it is very popular, so if you remove it, people will complain, and a rework will be hard to do without changing the whole layout.
This sums my opinion up pretty well. Also, I believe this complaint belongs here if im not mistaken: https://www.disc-ff.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=4512
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

SpicyCandy wrote:Before posting a suggestion, ask yourself: Am I posting this suggestion to benefit the group as a whole, or just myself? How will other forum browsers respond to what I post?
Removing the map would most certainly not benefit the group as a whole. Getting rid of one of the most popular maps on the server would make people riot. There are more than 2 health and ammo packs, and usually there’s at least one engi with a dispenser or a medic, so I really don’t know what you’re talking about there. I think the only problem with the map is how overplayed it is, and that’s no reason to remove it.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.
Faiithe
Veteran

Post by Faiithe »

I wonder if we could extend buffer time a little longer because if you play in the server long enough in a day, chances are you'll be playing the same 2-3 maps every time and it gets repetitive and some people lose interest and leave the server... (one being nova, the other being gridwalls, poolday, etc)
many_swords
Veteran

Post by many_swords »

Faiithe wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:29 am I wonder if we could extend buffer time a little longer because if you play in the server long enough in a day, chances are you'll be playing the same 2-3 maps every time and it gets repetitive and some people lose interest and leave the server... (one being nova, the other being gridwalls, poolday, etc)

I don't mind this idea, at the very least it would force a larger map rotation and give a little more variety then the same maps we see multiple times a day.

As for outright removing it, that would be a terrible idea. The maps may get stale for players who have been on most of the day, but they are still popular maps and it would be pointless to remove something that the server enjoys if nothing is wrong with it.
Feel free to message me on the community discord if you have any questions.
Idjit
Veteran

Post by Idjit »

I wouldn't be opposed to making a brand new, second multimaps that includes questionable maps that some love and some hate, such as Grid Walls and Nova Prospekt, as well as some lesser played yet popular maps.
Fire wrote:Funny but don't post this stupid shit.
MrRocketBoots wrote:Completely understandable, I did overlook that. Apologies, Thanks for you time none the less.
Darkone2e
Veteran

Post by Darkone2e »

Hmm, Nova is one of the most LOVED maps on the freak servers. Why would anyone even begin to think removing it is a good idea? Tastes in maps differ from person to person there are lots of maps that I dislike but simply removing them because of a 1% complaint is a bad move for all. So Just Nope!
LewandaSillyFeathers
Server Admin

Post by LewandaSillyFeathers »

I hate this map most of the time but it is very popular and removing it would be a bad idea. There are 3 freak fortress servers so chances are all 3 wont be on that map. Perhaps choose a different freak fortress server when this map is chosen? When I was a regular for freak fortress I would either stick with the map and suck it up or change servers.

Why would you ever accept fear when you have the power to refuse it?
SkyBlue: He didn't lick it good enough.
Onion: is it cause of my race?
Faiithe
Veteran

Post by Faiithe »

LewandaSillyFeathers wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:19 am I hate this map most of the time but it is very popular and removing it would be a bad idea. There are 3 freak fortress servers so chances are all 3 wont be on that map. Perhaps choose a different freak fortress server when this map is chosen? When I was a regular for freak fortress I would either stick with the map and suck it up or change servers.
^ This. I usually just leave the server when maps I don't like get chosen *cough hella swag cough*