Taunt menu for all players on all Disc FF servers

SomebadCandy933

Taunt menu for all players on all Disc FF servers

Post by SomebadCandy933 »

Hello there I normally play on Mario Kart x10 and your Freak Fortress servers. I was think about suggesting a taunt menu on your servers so F2Ps or guys like me who don't buy taunts can Conga without worrying about self defense or getting back stabbed and then having to wait for someone else to conga. Or maybe RPS with friendlies. Or maybe get Oblooterated when I don't die in a fight on FF2. I don't know. I just thought it would be nice for all players on your servers to use whatever taunt we want. And yes I know the yeti taunt exploit on Mario Kart is against the rules.
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Re: Taunt menu for all players on all Disc FF servers

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

I think Valve has a rule against that actually. I remember that being a problem on CS:GO with skins, so it might be similar with stuff on here.
SomebadCandy933

There's a Degrootkeep server that I've been playing on for almost a year that's had that and it's still there. I think your admins and VIPs are able to use the cart taunt even.
LewandaSillyFeathers
Server Admin

Post by LewandaSillyFeathers »

SomebadCandy933 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:55 am There's a Degrootkeep server that I've been playing on for almost a year that's had that and it's still there. I think your admins and VIPs are able to use the cart taunt even.
We cant use the kart taunt but we can put ourselves into a kart that is not the taunt. At least that is how it works on idle via the !kartme command. Admins and VIPs only can use the !kartme.

Why would you ever accept fear when you have the power to refuse it?
SkyBlue: He didn't lick it good enough.
Onion: is it cause of my race?
SomebadCandy933

So is it against the rules to use the Taunt menu or no because I looked it up and couldn't find anything against it
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

Valve shut down servers that allowed people to have unusual effects on their hats, I magine taunts would have the same result.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

Skial has a taunt menu that's accessible by gaining points on the server, so I doubt that it's against Valve's policy.
ImageImage
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

There is no rule against it for TF2. However, Valve have done things in the past to combat server owners from giving people items they don't own. For example you used to be able to give people hats and so servers sold unusual hats as perks. So Valve broke player side attachments. There is a work around for what they did but it showed us that they do not like such things. Then in CS:GO back in 2015 they started banning server owners faking knives and skins. There is a statement from Valve here: http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.ph ... uidelines/

While that statement is for CS:GO I don't want to start pissing Valve off by giving out things people should have paid for. The VIP perks I have now on my servers are all things Valve does not sell. Of course other server owners might disregard what Valve has done/said in the past I choose not to. So that's why I don't give out such perks. Hope you can understand. Thanks.
ImageImage
SomebadCandy933

All I was thinking was a simple command like !taunt where you use the taunt you want and that's that. Not keeping the taunt though. But do what you want man.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

Yea I know exactly what you are talking about. It's a public plugin, I could add it in 5 seconds. I don't want to. Thanks for the suggestion.
ImageImage