Slender PVP Issues

Echo

Slender PVP Issues

Post by Echo »

So the things I'll be bringing up have been broken for quite a while, yet nobody has made a thread about it. I don't want to waste your time, so I'll get right to the point. The flamethrower flames do not affect people, dealing no damage, and the hitreg for hitscan and melee weapons is very broken. I think it has to do with the hitboxes being really far behind. It makes spy abusive, since backpedalling lets spies chasing you get "backstabs" from in front of you. Some projectiles, such as the flare guns or huntsman arrows, also don't deal damage unless they reach mid to long range first. Lastly, as of right now, the thermal thruster cannot be used on the slender servers. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, so please clarify this for me.

Thank you for reading, any feedback is appreciated.
I'm not rich, just bad with money.
Rigby!

Re: Slender PVP Issues

Post by Rigby! »

From my standpoint (as an outsider to slender)

The PvP arena isn't the main reason people go on slender, however my guess for the lag would be the fact the people are still finding pages in the mode while there is a boss while probably takes more priority than the PvP arena. As for the thermal thruster the weapon is disabled because it might be making the servers crash, fire was trying to figure out which weapons or scrips are causing the widespread issue on the DISC servers and it might very well the the jetpack.

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong
Someone take the exclamation mark out of my name, I'm not excited to be here.
King Demomidas
Veteran

Re: Slender PVP Issues

Post by King Demomidas »

Thanks for the feedback first of all!

Let me enlighten things a bit. Fixing pvp has been a personal goal of mine for a while (for better or worse flack its gotten me), so I've seen these issues you have spoken of. The hitboxes we've tried to fix before in the past but at this point it probably isn't going to get fixed. To do so would take a considerable amount of overhaul on the plugin and how pvp works for blu vs blu. The flamethrowers we are working on fixing, and shall hopefully be up soon. As far as I can see, they still do work for red team upon game win.

Spy I can completely agree with you on, as he is totally broken in that regard. However his main issue is the removal of player collision, as this was taken out to fix a prior issue and unfortunately wont be re-implemented as we would just have to deal with the old issue again. I have petitioned to have backstab damage reduced or negated to allow spys to use just their pistols to make deaths feel less "cheap" but no such luck. You are probably just going to have to find a way to tolerate spy as is sorry to say.

As for the thermal thruster, as Rigby stated it was removed due to causing server crash issues. Once all the bugs have been worked out I'm sure Fire will add it back in.

Tl;dr Most of the changes have been gone over in the past and due to over-complexity in fixing them are going to be left as is, the thruster will be fixed later on. Just be patient, thank you for the feedback and for understanding.
¸ .•♛•.¸¸.•♛•All That Glitters Is Gold•♛•.¸¸.•♛•.¸