Reverting Sniper Nerf in FF2

Shermy

Reverting Sniper Nerf in FF2

Post by Shermy »

Hi!

Though this is my first post, I want to bring something very important to light right now: the recent Sniper nerf in your FF2 servers.

I personally enjoy playing on that server since I joined back in 2016, but I believe this is due to change thanks to that nerf. The nerf revolves around Bushwacka which doesn't allow the Sniper to deal extra damage while having it equipped. I don't really know what possessed you guys to make such a horrible mistake, but this nerf makes the Sniper completely useless and vulnerable. You just gave us two options: 1) have some mobility, but do little to no damage, only relying on headshots (which is borderline impossible in this gamemode) or 2) do huge amounts of damage at the cost of not being able to escape from certain doom. I believe that this nerf was unneccessary since the Sniper is not techincally OP in this gamemode. I believe many others would say the same, so I'm gonna put this poll here to prove you guys that.

Please, I love playing FF2 on this server, so please don't ruin it with this nerf.

Thanks!
Last edited by MoneyKidKing on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing poll as it provides nothing to the conversation.
Fire
Owner

Re: Reverting Sniper Nerf in FF2

Post by Fire »

Thanks for the feedback. I will talk about this change in the next admin meeting. If there are other people who feel the same have them come post here.
ImageImage
Idjit
Veteran

Post by Idjit »

This nerf has been on our Saxton Hale server for years. It is very easy to bypass, the only thing it truly changes is the fact that snipers need to taunt before they shoot. They need to make their hits count, as they only do max damage for a period of time. It also puts a soft cap on their damage output, preventing a hale from being shredded as quickly as he previously was on some maps.

It seems like people need to take time to adjust to the change, as it really doesn't do much aside from force the snipers to take a moment to taunt between each shot.
Last edited by Idjit on Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fire wrote:Funny but don't post this stupid shit.
MrRocketBoots wrote:Completely understandable, I did overlook that. Apologies, Thanks for you time none the less.
Varple
Veteran

Post by Varple »

Idjit wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:16 am This nerf has been on our Saxton Hale server for years. It is very easy to bypass, the only thing it truly changes is the fact that snipers need to taunt before they shoot. They need to make their hits count, as they only do max damage for a period of time. It also puts a soft cap on their damage output, preventing a hale from being shredded as quickly as he previously was on some maps.

It seems like people need to take time to adjust to the change, as it really doesn't do much aside from force the snipers to take a moment to taunt between each shot.
Yeah that's Saxton Hale. Saxton Hale should not be used to justify Freak Fortress related things. Two different game modes, different bosses and different player bases. Honestly, when we come up with ideas for Freak we should not use "It worked in Saxton why not try it in Freak." because honestly, that doesn't help at all.

I personally disagree with the bushwhacka nerf however you don't necessarily need to use it. Why not use another weapon and try to go stealth as a sniper? If the nerf was to be reverted I wouldn't mind. But if I were to suggest someone else that counters the bushwhacka is why not make a sniper limit?
Ruhlar wrote: Excuse me, you motherfuckers
Ruhlar wrote: Locking my posts, the fuck you think you are? B1
Shankin
Veteran

Post by Shankin »

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST
Last edited by SakuraTheBabyfur on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
WhatIsLove: SHANKIN YOU'RE A FUCKING NIGGA BITCH.

SpicyCandy: you're sub-human.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

ImageImage