So, about the sniper nerf in the FF2 servers..

fishermatt3552
Veteran

Re: So, about the sniper nerf in the FF2 servers..

Post by fishermatt3552 »

Zethy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:59 am
Idjit wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:57 am You do know, Zethy, that I was talking about taunting with crits with the busahwaka equipped, right?

Taunting for crits takes a lot of time and leaves you exposed.
Welcome to the life of a heavy, where with or without a damage nerf, they can deal an insane amount of damage
Idjit
Veteran

Post by Idjit »

Taunting with the kazotsky kick takes less than 2 seconds. All this nerf effectively does to a bushwaka sniper is make them take an extra 2 seconds between shots, forcing them to take slightly more time to deal the amount of damage they could previously. It helps offset the damage they can output on some huge maps without doing much to them on smaller maps, where people are less likely to pick sniper.
Fire wrote:Funny but don't post this stupid shit.
MrRocketBoots wrote:Completely understandable, I did overlook that. Apologies, Thanks for you time none the less.
Idjit
Veteran

Post by Idjit »

Valyrihme wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:02 am I agree with Zethy on the taunting for crits. Taunting for crits as sniper is too much of a hassle, as not everyone is good enough to hit shots consistently. You're vulnerable and spend too much time taunting and having a chance to miss, completely wasting your time.
Taunting for crits as sniper is too much of a hassle, as not everyone is good enough to hit shots consistently.

not everyone is good enough

Like I've been saying, it's a personal problem. People need to adapt instead of crying for a reversion to the change.
Last edited by MoneyKidKing on Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixing quotes
MrRocketBoots wrote:Completely understandable, I did overlook that. Apologies, Thanks for you time none the less.
fishermatt3552
Veteran

Post by fishermatt3552 »

edit: nevermind
Last edited by fishermatt3552 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zethy
Veteran

Post by Zethy »

Idjit wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:05 am Taunting with the kazotsky kick takes less than 2 seconds. All this nerf effectively does to a bushwaka sniper is make them take an extra 2 seconds between shots, forcing them to take slightly more time to deal the amount of damage they could previously. It helps offset the damage they can output on some huge maps without doing much to them on smaller maps, where people are less likely to pick sniper.

Then, if people go sniper on larger maps, the better solution would be imposing a class limit of 3, not everyone is a good sniper, you might see a number of 7 snipers, but how many of them are good at it? As I said, VSH is not FF2, it has different bosses with different abilities, and taunting leaves you very exposed to high mobility bosses on open maps like Shulk, Guts or Dalek.
Idjit
Veteran

Post by Idjit »

Imposing a class limit like that would just make them obsolete. They would be focused by those high mobility bosses immediately and killed before they can do much of anything, since there are only three to find and take out.
Zethy
Veteran

Post by Zethy »

But then they have something to escape with, instead of trying to leech the last seconds they have of crits, they will try and find somewhere to hide.

Quick Edit: Also, there are Boss Packs, which it means that you won't be seeing those bosses on every map.
Last edited by Zethy on Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Idjit
Veteran

Post by Idjit »

That's a game play decision they need to make, if they want to stay and get more damage or run from the hale. This nerf forces some variation and skill into the class, making players manage crits and find the right time to do some damage as opposed to running to the highest cliff and shooting away (Which they can still do, just at a slightly slower pace). This nerf isn't nearly as impactful as people want to make it out to be, but it helps curve the amount of damage Snipers can do in a short amount of time.
Zethy
Veteran

Post by Zethy »

Idjit wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:25 am That's a game play decision they need to make, if they want to stay and get more damage or run from the hale. This nerf forces some variation and skill into the class, making players manage crits and find the right time to do some damage as opposed to running to the highest cliff and shooting away (Which they can still do, just at a slightly slower pace). This nerf isn't nearly as impactful as people want to make it out to be, but it helps curve the amount of damage Snipers can do in a short amount of time.

Soldier can pick between having a pea shooter or a damage reduction toot toot machine, Engineer can pick a nailgun or a stun gun: this nerf was unneeded, before the nerf, there were little people picking sniper, on bigger maps, 7 at most. People will obviously pick depending on the situation and their playstyle, if that wasn't true, everyone will go Heavy or Soldier due to the high DPS.
It isn't as impactful as 4 years ago, but there are bosses with grappling hooks, those can counter the Bushwacka quite easily.
Varple
Veteran

Post by Varple »

Idjit wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:25 am That's a game play decision they need to make, if they want to stay and get more damage or run from the hale. This nerf forces some variation and skill into the class, making players manage crits and find the right time to do some damage as opposed to running to the highest cliff and shooting away (Which they can still do, just at a slightly slower pace). This nerf isn't nearly as impactful as people want to make it out to be, but it helps curve the amount of damage Snipers can do in a short amount of time.
No it doesn't. It simply saying that "Snipers are too op. and needed to be nerfed." Which isn't the case, it would be different if the bushwhacka dealt only 10 damage and I can just climb without any nerfs. But -25 damage and a swing cooldown was enough for a nerf in my opinion. Having to taunt, then trying to hit a hale is simply too much. It shouldn't take that to deal a sufficient amount of damage. Also like Zethy said do you suppose a nerf for heavy in a small secluded map? Or what about a short circuit nerf where a engy doesn't do as much damage. In all the nerf is ridiculous. Snipers only play a big role in a large map.
Ruhlar wrote: Excuse me, you motherfuckers
Ruhlar wrote: Locking my posts, the fuck you think you are? B1